Travis

Holiday
closergms1968
closergms1968 Posted Thu 15 Oct, 2009 10:30 PM Quote
First. Just been watching the Dallas show on youtube.
I have to say, you lucky people in the U S of A.
The shows look amazing..

Have you heard Holiday on youtube... and what d,ya think of it?

Oh, and frans rendition of Hit me baby one more time is better than ever....BLOODY AMAZING!

P:S Fran and Andy, please come back to the UK and do some more of these Frandy gigs in november or december.
Especially Bristol.

Re: Holiday
Nell
Nell Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 12:11 AM Quote

I totally loved Andy riffs and accompaniment especially during the chorus. I loved the melody and the start of the verses.
The bluesprogression is great....but that's just my opinion.
I am curious how it'll sound with the rest of the band joining! But I really really like it!!!

About the other vids: Gooooooood I had such a great night. Whoever uploaded these vids: Thanks a lot!

Especially rarities like Last Train! Which I totally fell in love now(better late then never..)

mili
mili Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 5:57 PM Quote
closergms1968 wrote:

P:S Fran and Andy, please come back to the UK and do some more of these Frandy gigs in november or december.
Especially Bristol.

I'd love to see a pre-Christmas Frandy show (say 22nd or 23rd or sometime around Boxing Day-28th in Bradford or Leeds, as I'll be around. I'm a realist enough to realise they're not coming to Finland.

silvella
silvella Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 6:58 PM Quote
closergms1968 wrote:

Have you heard Holiday on youtube... and what d,ya think of it?

I've heard (and saw) it just for one time now, and I LOOOOVE IT!!! It could be a banjo song, what do you think? Oh, I was concentrating a few seconds... and I found some Driftwood in the rhythm. And I try to imagine the bass, the drums, Dougies backing vocals, and the keyboard... UAAAH, I have goosebumps everywhere!!! Have to hear it again... ciao!

edit Okay, back from the second listening: it's more Sing than Driftwood. And... I fell in love with this line:

...and dream a golden dream of green... *sniff*

edit again What is Fran telling at 1:15? "This is a song about ?????" I can't understand this word(s). Who could tell me this, please??
And for me it is like "1-2-3 times and you lose" - I've lost myself in this song!! HOLIDAY is brilliant, Fran! Back to basics, right? Thank you so much for this! Tausend Dank!!

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Fri 16 Oct, 2009 10:33 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

I totally loved Andy riffs and accompaniment especially during the chorus. I loved the melody and the start of the verses.
The bluesprogression is great....but that's just my opinion.
I am curious how it'll sound with the rest of the band joining! But I really really like it!!!

About the other vids: Gooooooood I had such a great night. Whoever uploaded these vids: Thanks a lot!

Especially rarities like Last Train! Which I totally fell in love now(better late then never..)

o.O!! yeah! better than never! haha Last Train is my favourite.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:46 PM