Travis

Re: Great Dallas Show
Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 15 Oct, 2009 6:12 PM Quote
YAAAAAAAAAAAY! Sounds like you girls had a blast! Great setlist! Thanks for the description of "Holdiay"! Have fun tonight!!! :D Anne, I'll call you in a few hours for more in-depth details about your guy's night! :) :) :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 15 Oct, 2009 6:17 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Naked torso tshirts?? Do you both now own one? Do they just say "naked torsos" or ARE THEY naked torsos?

okay, didnt mean to sound like a total perv. It is just a key part of the show.

I'll just let you find that one out for yourself.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 15 Oct, 2009 6:20 PM Quote
Awwww! This sounds like an awesome show last night! Thanks for the details...can't wait to see the pics! :)

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Thu 15 Oct, 2009 6:22 PM Quote
Thanks so much for sharing, Anne!!
It's exactly what I was waiting to read :) Now I can put all the pieces together and imagine what Holiday is like. And so far it sounds pretty good! Great to know it's on the CD!

I'm glad you enjoyed the show. From the vids I've watched, it surely must be an incredible experience, to hear the stories and the songs played in that format...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 15 Oct, 2009 6:45 PM Quote
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2557/4014814082_05bf2fdcb6.jpg

Greg Laswell. Great voice, good melodies. Funny and chill.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2595/4014052451_fdc0acd896.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2577/4014814494_680d2c5238.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2545/4014054131_329b49a1b8.jpg

Fran modeling the T shirt.

bittersweet
bittersweet Posted Thu 15 Oct, 2009 7:00 PM Quote
Wow, thanks for sharing. Fran wearing own T-shirt!? How Cute!

Naked torsos?? Oh, with Boxing pose,,
They did show the pic of Fran jogging with Jake Gyllenhaal naked before singing "Love Will Come Through", huh?

I'm taking notes on every setlist so far for 6 shows and comparing the difference. Some songs definitely stay on the list and some are shuffled. Sometimes they surprise us by putting some old tune. Very curious about how they pick one or two from many requests. I wonder when they do "Sarah",,,

I can't wait to see the setlist from tonite! Enjoy!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 15 Oct, 2009 7:02 PM Quote
Great photos, Anne! Thanks for sharing :o).
I love the one of you with Andy and Fran!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 15 Oct, 2009 7:08 PM Quote
AAAAAAAAAA! and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Sounds like you guys had a great time. Can't wait to hear more. Rest up for tonight:P

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 15 Oct, 2009 7:16 PM Quote
Niiiiiice! One week for me! Eeeeeeee!

leticia
leticia Posted Thu 15 Oct, 2009 7:29 PM Quote
bittersweet wrote:

Naked torsos??
You mean the pic of Fran jogging with Jake Gyllenhaal naked??

LOL!!!

Gilrs, thanks soooo much for the detailes description of Holiday. It's greatly appreciated. The pics are amazing too!!! It looks u had an amazing time. Glas for ya!

A pink TRAVIS TRAVIS TRAVIS shirt... oh my... I so want that!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 15 Oct, 2009 7:30 PM Quote
Great write up and lovely photos. :)

Surprised they went back to Holiday as the new one. Nice though. It sounds very cool. Can't wait to hear it. These shows really do, even through all the cloud of hype, seem so amazing. Wonderful experience. It seems to have been a great success and Fran and Andy look to be having a great time. Hopefully Frandy will tour other places in the future.

Love the t-shirt Fran is wearing. I really hope they appear on the Wee Store after the tour! I'll be the first to buy one! :)

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 15 Oct, 2009 7:54 PM Quote
Awewww I love Greg Laswell!

He AND Travis? That's would have been the best night EVER!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 15 Oct, 2009 8:07 PM Quote
Well, they didn't introduce Holiday as THE new song...it was just one of the new songs they had written. Plus, didn't they play As it Comes the previous gig? Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and hear it tonight.

I have to say, these shows have definitely lived up to this "cloud of hype." Definitely, no doubt whatsoever. The show last night was just as good, if not better than you what you have heard. It's just hard to get all of that in words. Kind of one of those "you had to be there" moments---Don't attack me here, please :D Obviously, I know you can't all travel to see them. I'm just saying it's hard to put into words the whole experience. I do hope that you all will have the same opportunity to see them soon.

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 15 Oct, 2009 8:43 PM Quote
thaaaaaaaaaaanks so much for the description of holiday

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 15 Oct, 2009 8:45 PM Quote
I thought Fran said they would end with the last song they wrote so i didn't expect them to go back to Holiday without playing As It Comes after it. Anyway, i may have that "last song we wrote" thing wrong then. lol

I can understand why you say that. Of what i've seen on YouTube the shows look very special. And i can't imagine how wonderful it is to have them selling the merchandise and stuff like that. Wonderful.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:30 AM