Travis

thoughts/questions about upcoming tour
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 28 Sep, 2009 10:33 PM Quote
1) Are we all going to be standing and screaming and whooping it up or is this going to be a more subdued sit and listen situation? (both sound great to me)

2) I am so amused that I am going to be sitting in a pew listening to them play.

3) I am excited that (presumably) Andy will be doing more BGVs and perhaps they'll even bust out some songs he sings on???

4) Are there really going to be naked torsos or is this false advertising?

Re: thoughts/questions about upcoming tour
alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 28 Sep, 2009 11:10 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

false advertising never gets old...
naked torsos = more tickets sale

(maybe the slideshow will be show naked torsos, at least)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 28 Sep, 2009 11:33 PM Quote
I would assume it'll be a more subdued sit and listen situation, but Fran being Fran he'll definitely encourage some singalongs. ;)

It'll be similar to the show they did last year i would guess. Fun stories (Side began as a rap, Chris Martin's opinion on Sing). And they did songs mostly in chronological order. I've linked to it a number of times before, but i do love this: http://ladjin.cafe24.com/zeroboard/zboard.php?id=Video&page=2&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=169

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 29 Sep, 2009 1:08 AM Quote
My only real question (besides naked torsos, which I am most concerned* about) is...
Ccan I take you boys for poutine in Montreal? My treat.

OH, no I have another. Will you be wearing Halloween costumes? I will, so you both better be.
That is all.

*concerned that they wont make an apperance and I will have to cry

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 29 Sep, 2009 2:43 AM Quote
Who the *beep* is opening? I see Greg Laswell is in Dallas and some other show afterwards and I'd be pumped if it was him.
I am hoping it's more subdued as my fat ass won't be able to move around a whole lot, lol!
Must have plenty of tissue on hand since my hormonal ass cries at every flippin thing as of late.
Totally looking forward to being in a church!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 29 Sep, 2009 3:38 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

3) I am excited that (presumably) Andy will be doing more BGVs and perhaps they'll even bust out some songs he sings on???

what are BGV's ?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 29 Sep, 2009 3:49 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
what are BGV's ?

BackGround VocalS

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 29 Sep, 2009 4:03 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Who the *beep* is opening? I see Greg Laswell is in Dallas and some other show afterwards and I'd be pumped if it was him.
I am hoping it's more subdued as my fat ass won't be able to move around a whole lot, lol!
Must have plenty of tissue on hand since my hormonal ass cries at every flippin thing as of late.
Totally looking forward to being in a church!

Another reason not to have kids! Apparently being preggers makes your ass hormonal!!
Anne and Carla are going to be precious together

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 29 Sep, 2009 4:40 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Another reason not to have kids! Apparently being preggers makes your ass hormonal!!

Oh there are upsides to the hormones too. If you're not having morning sickness the taste of certain foods is enhanced. You feel the lows worse but the highs are higher so that can be fun.

At least Carla knows I'll understand any sort of mood swing. Quite familiar with the cry/laugh/cry/be pissed all in one minute thing.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 29 Sep, 2009 4:41 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
1) Are we all going to be standing and screaming and whooping it up or is this going to be a more subdued sit and listen situation? (both sound great to me)

2) I am so amused that I am going to be sitting in a pew listening to them play.

I would like to know the answers to these questions as well. I also would like to know if it's more subdued, does this mean no pogoing escapades?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 29 Sep, 2009 1:49 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:

I would like to know the answers to these questions as well. I also would like to know if it's more subdued, does this mean no pogoing escapades?

last time i went to the swedish american hall they had a liquid light show . is it still up ?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_II69Arg8TMg/SnnKf1bg8OI/AAAAAAAAAcg/8FDKrNAW2V4/s400/IMG_3926.JPG

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 29 Sep, 2009 4:43 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

You left out fat too ;)
Disclaimer: As for any pictures you may see of me, I'm usually much cuter :) I don't have a pregnancy glow, it's more of a green tinge!

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 29 Sep, 2009 5:53 PM Quote
Healy explained that fans will find the setlist curious. The first song he officially wrote and finished was a track called "20" that he penned when he was 19. But before then, there were "trickles" of songs that fans may find familiar.

"'She's So Strange,' which is on 'The Man Who,' was one of those songs," Healy said. "Before that, there's another song called 'Safe,' which is on 'The Invisible Band.' It's kind of odd that these songs ended up on albums 10 years later. The first song just kind of popped out. That's kind of cool, isn't it?

"I like to know where songs were written. I like to know how they were written and why they were written. If you come to the show, you'll find out all these things. It's like a lecture. The whole set up is going to be kind of like a lecture. We're going to get a slide projector and a screen, and I'm going to set up the little projector and show pictures and diagrams and have little voiceovers and try to make it as cute as possible. It's kind of like a town hall lecture."

This doesnt really answer your question but thought I'd post anyway:p More or less the same article as posted in Bens thread about new album :0)

http://www.livedaily.com/news/20239.html

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 29 Sep, 2009 6:42 PM Quote
Eeeek! I'm on Excitement-Overload right now! Too many things going on, I can barely contain myself! (Maybe it's the naked torsos ;D )

Edel, thanks for posting that article. Very interesting!

Oh wow...Greg Laswell too! I didn't even think there would be an opening band/artist. Yay!

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 29 Sep, 2009 7:24 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Eeeek! I'm on Excitement-Overload right now! Too many things going on, I can barely contain myself! (Maybe it's the naked torsos ;D )

Edel, thanks for posting that article. Very interesting!

Oh wow...Greg Laswell too! I didn't even think there would be an opening band/artist. Yay!

Yea, you are lucky and get Greg Laswell!!! I'm so keeping my fingers crossed for that one. And if he does open in Austin, I'll have to pack double the tissues :)

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:38 PM