Travis

Re: Random Acts Of Selfishness
Luis
Luis Posted Wed 20 Jun, 2007 4:54 PM Quote
when will be the FINAL day in wich you can send your video?"!?"

Cause I really want to make one but I cant right now, need like2 weeks more...Wait for mine Fran!

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 22 Jun, 2007 10:58 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
film or photograph or write about a random act of selfishness you have witnessed

What do you mean by Random? Whats a 'random' act of selfishness?
That word is used far too often these days and usually doesn't even make sense - random in what sense?

NCD
NCD Posted Fri 22 Jun, 2007 11:27 AM Quote
I tried to get a picture of my little five year old playing on his playstation while his (girl) friend was kissing him all over his face... he didn't take his eyes off the game he was playing... how selfish :P

coldlove
coldlove Posted Fri 22 Jun, 2007 9:06 PM Quote
oh........
I love you fran....

cosmic
cosmic Posted Sun 24 Jun, 2007 12:12 AM Quote
just posted mine ya!!

Ulanka
Ulanka Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 1:16 PM Quote
those videos are so true.
but on the other hand, hey, even if you scream at the people they will not listen.
but funny idea o.รถ

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 29 Jun, 2007 11:41 AM Quote
Is it wrong If I get a family size bag of Revels and video myself eating them all in one go by tipping them into my mouth?

Beatle Babe
Beatle Babe Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 10:55 AM Quote
oh i wish i had a video of the horrible way my friends treated my boyfriend and i when they stayed at our flat. grrrrrrrr

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 5:55 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
Fran wrote:
film or photograph or write about a random act of selfishness you have witnessed

What do you mean by Random? Whats a 'random' act of selfishness?
That word is used far too often these days and usually doesn't even make sense - random in what sense?

Random as in not the usual act of selfishness,

Will you please stop being...

A: so fucking pedantic and
B: So fucking condesending
C: trying to be so fucking clever..

what is it with you are all your classmates well above you so you hae to come on here and belittle people... does it make you feel like a man? or does it make you feel... big, clever, smart.

btw you do actually seem like hlaf decent dude maybe if you started actually talking to folks instead of being an arse, people woul accept you a bit more ??

just a thought!!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 5:58 PM Quote
btw on the point of your randomness...if a word is in common useage it can be known to change it's meaning...

Wicked, deadly, fly dope, brutal, savage ????

Beatle Babe
Beatle Babe Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 9:35 PM Quote

Beatle Babe
Beatle Babe Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 9:37 PM Quote
Whats pedantic about it? its a perfectly reasonable question - the sentence doesn't make sense and its completely unecessary for the word to be there

Also absoloutely everyone non-english hated the expression 'wicked' and neve used it.

Finally, he doesn't need to 'try' and be clever - he is pre-dispositioned to it ;)

Unlike some who wallow in their unintelligence and ignorance

jean77
jean77 Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 11:22 PM Quote
I'm not selfish!

Jean

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 7:30 AM Quote
Beatle Babe wrote:
Whats pedantic about it? its a perfectly reasonable question - the sentence doesn't make sense and its completely unecessary for the word to be there

Also absoloutely everyone non-english hated the expression 'wicked' and neve used it.

Finally, he doesn't need to 'try' and be clever - he is pre-dispositioned to it ;)

Unlike some who wallow in their unintelligence and ignorance

It's pedantic in the sence that he's pointing out that the word is not used in it "mathematical" sense, why does it matter if it's not the correct useage it's the fucking internet, there's practically no grammar/spelling rules...???

I never said I used these words or that I even liked them I was only using them to illustrate a point.

Ok fair enough he doesn't need to "try". But it's condesending, arrogant and patronising to make fun of those less intelligent than yourself.

"Wallow"?? must you use such a negative term? So because someone does not have a degree or proper schooling they are wallowing in their own ignorance and lack of intelligence, I've a mate who's father can tell you the winning All Ireland team memebers from the last 20years and can also deeply and properly analysie games, tactics and substitutions etc. but can't read or write, does this mean he's unintelligent? Or a carpenter, or whatever, there are different types of intelligence not just academic!!

Personally I've been thinking about Uni for about the past five years and everytime I think yes I'll do it, I meet someone like that and it puts me right off. I don't want to turn into an arrogant, selfish, ignorant gobshite.

Lucile
Lucile Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 8:22 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Personally I've been thinking about Uni for about the past five years and everytime I think yes I'll do it, I meet someone like that and it puts me right off. I don't want to turn into an arrogant, selfish, ignorant gobshite.

It's a pity that such people managed to put you off going to uni. I've been a student for 6 years now, I've started working on a doctoral thesis and I'm currently teaching in uni - I do have to deal with arrogant teachers (and students!) every day but I try to ignore them as much as possible because achieving my goal (ie becoming a senior lecturer)is more important than their behaviour. If you feel that going to uni is important for you, you should do it regardless of the arrogant people you might meet there. You don't have to turn into one of them and you might also meet some lovely people.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:17 PM