Travis

time to move on?
cosmic
cosmic Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 12:07 AM Quote
So yeah been texting him for about a month ... no date cos we always seem to be working/working away from the city or getting sacked for showing up drunk.... do really like him but he's just gone far too quiet. Didn't text for a week... his pals told me he got sacked from his job for showing up drunk... but did say he's a good guy despite it (I wouldn't have judged anyway because I don't judge til I know someone a little bit better)... He is a little bit older - 29, I'm 23. I feel like I'm doing all the texting and to be fair, I'm not liking having to chase... cos I always felt that it was up to the guy to chase. Beginning to think I should move on? Text him today and he said he was staying in to watch tv and play his x box?? on a saturday? I'm staying in anyway to save some cash ...... Ahhh I don't know, someone give me direction. I don't know what to think, I'm thinking move on but the other side says hold on, there could be a reasonable explanation. But he's a guy and there never tends to be that does it? Ahhh. I'm gonna have a glass of wine and hope it knocks me out to sleep ... and stops me blubbing. Been having such a crap time lately with working all the time in a shitty job!:( :(

Re: time to move on?
cosmic
cosmic Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 2:07 AM Quote
god knows, things would be so much easier if I'd managed to get a full time job this summer, I'd have jetted off to oz like today for 3 weeks to see my long lost family. I'm gutted. I'm also tired and rose wine goes down far better than it used to. Melikely white zinfadel very mucho.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 2:22 AM Quote
move on.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 4:01 AM Quote
Do yourself a favor and move on. This guy sounds like a loser. You'll thank yourself later.
:)

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 4:42 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
Do yourself a favor and move on. This guy sounds like a loser. You'll thank yourself later.
:)

I agree, move on. Despite the fact that he keeps getting fired for showing up to work drunk, you are putting in all this effort for a guy who isn't really responding. The only explanation it would seem is that he's not interested. Don't waste your time.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 2:42 PM Quote
I don't think any objective outsider would say this guy is worth any more of your time.

As Meridith said, aside from showing really poor judgment by showing up to work drunk (seriously???), he doesn't seem interested in you...or interested enough.

Move on.

cosmic
cosmic Posted Mon 21 Sep, 2009 1:11 PM Quote
Haha, thanks guys. Yeah, his pals told me he got paid off at his work cos he showed up still drunk from the night before... that was all the details I got. Well, you're right... its just not going to work out this time I guess. I've not got any ill feeling towards him cos I've gone through the man-hating banter once and it was not nice and I don't think I want to revert to that person again haha. At the end of the day its not as if he hurt me all that badly, he's just gone quiet. No point wallowing at the end of the day.

That was yesterday's dilemma. Today's dilemma ... unwanted attention from a 40 year old weirdo who can't take the hint. Methinks I should just lose my head at him once and for all.

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Tue 22 Sep, 2009 11:38 AM Quote
if he likes you
you should have started dating weeks ago

you have been texting for a month and he still haven't asked you out?
just move on
you're still young

btw how did you know him?

cosmic
cosmic Posted Sat 17 Oct, 2009 1:12 AM Quote
Yeah so very true. I'm just an uber picky kinda girl and it takes a lot for me to dish out a phone number. problem is, I hand it out and think should I have done that... so get scared for a few days and think snap outta it. Ach, him and his mates came into the bar I work in one Friday night a good wee while ago now, obviously. I was hyperactive as I had already played cupid to another fledging couple (that came to nothing) that night but nevermind. His pal came in and asked me for my number cos "I had fans" which was him and his pal, the guy I ended up texting and it came to nothing. The one that came in and asked for the number was from Oz and I think he's away back over... he was really funny, would have been good mate material. Nevermind, its done now, nothing I can do. He's had his chance and well its done... I found him on facebook a few days ago and he seems to still be unemployed. But guys are guys... I'm still young and if anyone's worth anything, you let them go and see if they come back or not. if they don't come back, well they couldn't have been much worth in the first place.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:55 PM