Travis

Question about Something Anything lyrics
milos
milos Posted Sun 23 Aug, 2009 8:24 AM Quote
In the CD booklet and almost every lyrics website it says that the line at the beginning of the song is "Like a melody that is impossible to play, i wait" but when listening to the song, especially the live versions (for e.g. one from the Webster Hall bootleg), it really sounds like "...that is impossible to play awake" to me. I can clearly hear the "k" sound at the end, so i just wanted to check if anyone else hears it.

I also noticed that in the booklet the line from Chinese Blues is "and you try but it just can't start" when it's clearly "and you try but you just can't stop". Maybe this is an earlier version of the lyrics.

Re: Question about Something Anything lyrics
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 23 Aug, 2009 9:26 PM Quote
I know what you mean, Milos. The booklet says otherwise, but I ALWAYS sing "like a melody that is impossible to play awake". I'm not sure if that's the right version, although I too think Fran sings "awake" instead of "I wait" in the live versions I've heard.

And I didn't know the booklet didn't say "and you try but you just can't stop". I always thought that was correct :oP.

So summing up, I agree with you :oP.

seasonticket
seasonticket Posted Sun 23 Aug, 2009 10:04 PM Quote
Nahh, it's "I wait" ... I can hear the "I"!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 23 Aug, 2009 10:35 PM Quote
I'm pretty sure its "i wait". That's the way I hear it and sing it.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 23 Aug, 2009 11:57 PM Quote
I think it's gotta be "I wait." It makes sense with the next line about keeping it bottled in because there's a time and there's a place, etc.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Mon 24 Aug, 2009 4:09 AM Quote
yeap, even on the singstar videogame the lyrics appears as " i wait".
And talking about lyrics i have some doubt about the ode lyrics:
- On Last Words, i have convienced that it says on a part "I know i know you know" but on the booklet says "i know it i know i know"
- On Broken Mirror i hear "Each time you go away, part of me, turns to grey" and the booklet says "Each time you go away part of you turns to grey"
Is just things that i believe to hear.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 24 Aug, 2009 4:13 AM Quote
I know, but for example here - minute 3:17, it sounds like Fran sings "awake". At least to me it does :oP.
Btw, I adore the performance. The three songs there are so perfect it's... I don't have words to describe it.

Edit: I hadn't seen your post, Jesús. And I agree with you too. This thread made me realize that I have changed the lyrics to every Travis song there is without noticing xD.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Mon 24 Aug, 2009 4:24 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I know, but for example here - minute 3:17, it sounds like Fran sings "awake". At least to me it does :oP.
Btw, I adore the performance. The three songs there are so perfect it's... I don't have words to describe it.

haha, you're right, i mean, english is not my natal language, so i may be wrong too, but there i hear an "awake" too,

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 24 Aug, 2009 4:55 AM Quote
Ok, in that vid you posted, Juli, I can hear "awake", too. Although I don't think it makes too much sense xD.

milos
milos Posted Mon 24 Aug, 2009 6:38 AM Quote
That video is a perfect example. There is definitely a "K" sound at the end. And i agree about Broken Mirror. I always thought it was "a part of me"!

seasonticket
seasonticket Posted Mon 24 Aug, 2009 6:50 AM Quote
Ok, so there is a "k" sound on the vid but the first sound is DEFINITELY "I" so it is more like 'I wake'???
Lemmy from Motorhead played "Eight of Spades" for an entire year to see if people would notice and they didn't.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 24 Aug, 2009 3:27 PM Quote

Well, English is not my native language, so it's more than likely I'm wrong :o).

gromit373
gromit373 Posted Tue 25 Aug, 2009 10:59 AM Quote
it could also be one of those things where fran sometimes forgets the lyrics (been known to happen ;), or can't decide on which one he likes better or something, and sings different words sometimes..... who knows?? only fran holds the truth!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:57 AM