http://www.lanacion.com.ar/archivo/anexos/fotos/08/667008.jpg

Re: Milk bags
lilly
lilly Posted Fri 21 Aug, 2009 7:36 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
lilly wrote:
minnmess wrote:
glass bottles?? This is not 1952!

it's called "eco friendliness"!!! returnable bottles.

though I have to admit I buy the carton milk most of the times because I hate having to carry glass bottles home.

But so inconvenient! our plastic is recyclable.

Milkbags and cold pillows are normal! Oooh, a pillow made of nice cold milkbags

it's recyclable? do you put it in an extra container, then? where only plastic goes?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 21 Aug, 2009 7:39 PM Quote
lilly wrote:

it's recyclable? do you put it in an extra container, then? where only plastic goes?

They put it back on the cow of course.

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 21 Aug, 2009 7:41 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
lilly wrote:

They put it back on the cow of course.

well if plastic is recycled properly you can do aaaalll sorts of things with it ;)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 21 Aug, 2009 7:42 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Milkbags are nicer and practical... It's the way to go.

Oh dear.
Here we are, in a world where even the more conservative politicians have started to call for "eco friendly behaviour" - yet intelligent and educated people keep buying PLASTIC MILK BAGS... aaaargh...

don't tell me you still get the free plastic bags in supermarkets, too. I mean, no one really thinks about their OWN behaviour when they talk about "the environment and how to save it", it's always the others who have to change something, right... :(

sigh.

sorry, this kind of this just annoys me. very much.

Plastic bags arent free here. They are 5 cents each. And no, i use canvas whenever I can.
Maybe they will start making canvas bags-o-milk. But until then, I will use my RECYCLABLE plasic bags, or when necessary, recyclable cartons.
The weight of glass alone has got to cost a butt load to ship, more emissions, etc.

Our recycling: plastic, glass, styrofoam aluminum, etc in one. Paper, newspaper and cardboard in another. Compost, food scraps etc in another.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 21 Aug, 2009 7:42 PM Quote
I just checked, and it is recyclable. However, Argentina sucks at being eco-friendly. We don't sort the trash... at all. Well, you can try doing it (we try at least) but I've been told it's pointless because everything goes to the same place. Way to go Argentina! [/sarcasm]

BUT, I've found some interesting stuff you can do with milkbags.
Such as this lovely dress:
http://www.812fusion.com.ar/local/cache-vignettes/L250xH333/jpg_Vestido_Sachet-65f78.jpg

And a hand bag:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_y6HxiWH88kk/SQu3hMzL36I/AAAAAAAABSU/N_tbZIlhyho/s400/bolsa.jpg

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 21 Aug, 2009 7:52 PM Quote
Juli, voy a subir una foto de nuestro paquete de leche y mañana lo que puedes hacer con los paquetes!

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 21 Aug, 2009 7:54 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Plastic bags arent free here. They are 5 cents each. And no, i use canvas whenever I can.
Maybe they will start making canvas bags-o-milk. But until then, I will use my RECYCLABLE plasic bags, or when necessary, recyclable cartons.
The weight of glass alone has got to cost a butt load to ship, more emissions, etc.

true, true, the bottles are not the best way to save the environment, either. not because of the shipping costs, but apparently the production of glass bottles costs a fortune - and causes pollution, of course.
but at least they can be re-used: the problem with reclyclable stuff is that most of it never IS reclycled because it's just too much work, or because people don't even get the chance to do it...

we used to have up to 5 different garbage containers (paper, organic stuff, aluminum, plastic, other stuff) at my parents' old place - now we have two (one for paper, one for the rest). the whole reclycling-properly thing just doesn't work, it's too complicated (I hated it)... it's hopeless and we're doomed...

hey!
MAYBE they should start putting EVERYTHING in reclyclable cartons or bags!!! Like, EVERYTHING, no exceptions.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 21 Aug, 2009 7:57 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Juli, voy a subir una foto de nuestro paquete de leche y mañana lo que puedes hacer con los paquetes!

Swede Boy breaks out his language skills again.

From an attempted launch of milkbags in the UK a few years ago:
The milk bags use seventy-five percent less packaging than the plastic milk bottle and furthermore, it is estimated that if in the UK such milk bottles were entirely replaced by the pouches, one hundred thousand tonnes less plastic waste would arrive in landfills

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 21 Aug, 2009 8:03 PM Quote
I just checked, and it is recyclable. However, Argentina sucks at being eco-friendly. We don't sort the trash... at all. Well, you can try doing it (we try at least) but I've been told it's pointless because everything goes to the same place. Way to go Argentina! [/sarcasm]

BUT, I've found some interesting stuff you can do with milkbags.
Such as this lovely dress:
http://www.812fusion.com.ar/local/cache-vignettes/L250xH333/jpg_Vestido_Sachet-65f78.jpg

And a hand bag:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_y6HxiWH88kk/SQu3hMzL36I/AAAAAAAABSU/N_tbZIlhyho/s400/bolsa.jpg

more ideas for you, Juli:

http://www.creadoo.com/images/Themen/Kunterbuntes/1089280161senseo%201.jpg

http://www.doybags.com/images-bags/largebowlingbag-sklemonade-lime-small.jpg

;)

even milk cartons can get a second life
http://img.dawanda.com/Product/4206/4206578/big/1245229137-264.jpg

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 21 Aug, 2009 8:04 PM Quote
lilly wrote:

Milkbags are nicer and practical... It's the way to go.

Oh dear.
Here we are, in a world where even the more conservative politicians have started to call for "eco friendly behaviour" - yet intelligent and educated people keep buying PLASTIC MILK BAGS... aaaargh...

don't tell me you still get the free plastic bags in supermarkets, too.

sigh.

sorry, this kind of thing just annoys me.

I would still buy the glass bottles, but the milk that comes in the glass returnables is reeeeeally expensive by comparison. Glass bottles, mmmm, everything is so nice and cold in glass bottles. Pop in glass bottles, ahhhh refreshing. (Broken glass by carelesss pop drinkers all over the street, sidewalk, park, etc. not so great.)

Yes, plastic bags. Everywhere. I hate them. But I don't carry my own cloth bags around either, so I guess I contribute to the problem. I wish stores would take them back for recycling. Some do, but not many.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 21 Aug, 2009 8:05 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

More like Google Translator's language skills :P

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 21 Aug, 2009 8:06 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Oh, i thought it was a msg switch and I was just mocking. dammit.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 21 Aug, 2009 8:08 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Oh, i thought it was a msg switch and I was just mocking. dammit.

That's what I wanted you to think so that I could mock you first lol!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 21 Aug, 2009 8:11 PM Quote
Ooooh, I sooo want a milk bag purse! And a matching milk bag raincoat!

You can also cut them into strips and crochet them with a large hook and make rugs and things. I saw an old lady doing that once.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:03 PM