Travis

erm... sports.
lilly
lilly Posted Wed 12 Aug, 2009 8:49 PM Quote
Apparently, this is the new "trend sport" in Germany:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foXbE33Xl4Y
Watched a report on it today - Americans seem to want to export it to the U.S., so WORLD, be prepared for... HEADIS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebkyr5dYiC0
(it's German, so just ignore the text and watch the moves *lol*)

the, er, rules explained in English:
http://headis.de/was-ist-kopfballtischtennis/headis-what-en.html (with photos)

Re: erm... sports.
DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Wed 12 Aug, 2009 10:34 PM Quote
That is...strange. It's like something you make up in your backyard when you're really bored one day but it's a real sport. Hehe.

Funny, I was actually able to read the German in the third URL and I was still confused. That can't really mean table tennis with your head can it? Haha, but it did! :D

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 11:12 AM Quote
exactly!

I saw it on TV and thought - eeeh, they MUST have mixed up something there. It looks, well, wrong. Like they forgot how to play table tennis.
It's a pity I couldn't find a video where they're jumping ON the table (with their feet and everything) and throwing themselves off again - the whole thing is just so ...strange - and hilarious!m ;D

mili
mili Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 11:44 AM Quote
I suppose it's more tv friendly than table tennis, at least you can see the ball. But really, isn't that a bit strange! I bet they suffer from stiff necks.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 12:13 PM Quote
LOL! If you can play football golf, then why not headis?

I love the way these guys look when they get a brilliant idea to play headis. You'd think it was a Mentos advert :)

mili
mili Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 1:04 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
LOL! If you can play football golf, then why not headis?

I love the way these guys look when they get a brilliant idea to play headis. You'd think it was a Mentos advert :)

Is football golf that silly sport where they use colourful kids' balls at disc golf track? If so, some people play it amongst the disc golfers near my home.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 2:43 PM Quote
mili wrote:

Is football golf that silly sport where they use colourful kids' balls at disc golf track? If so, some people play it amongst the disc golfers near my home.

It's actually a golf course with very big holes. The players then have to kick the ball and hit the hole. I only know about this because apparantly, a Danish guy is the world champion in this.

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 2:52 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
mili wrote:

It's actually a golf course with very big holes. The players then have to kick the ball and hit the hole. I only know about this because apparantly, a Danish guy is the world champion in this.

WHAT??? They have special golf courses for it? Oh my... I've got to youtube this! *lol*
At least they use their feet and not their heads...

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 5:36 PM Quote
lilly wrote:

WHAT??? They have special golf courses for it? Oh my... I've got to youtube this! *lol*

Soccer golf / football golf

I wouldn't be able to do it. My feeling for catching/throwing/kicking balls is non-existing.

lilly
lilly Posted Sun 16 Aug, 2009 2:53 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
lilly wrote:

Soccer golf / football golf

I wouldn't be able to do it. My feeling for catching/throwing/kicking balls is non-existing.

Erm, soccer golf looks... eh... like a game for small children? for birthday parties, maybe? oh my... and the video was made by Germans, of course it was... *sigh*...

me and ballgames are not best pals, either (I like watching them, but hated having to play them at school. one of the BEST things about graduating from highschool was the end of PE lessons. we ALWAYS had to play basketball or volleyball or dodgeball. I hated dodgeball.)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:31 PM