weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 31 Jul, 2009 6:21 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I'm very curious about Peanut Butter Cups

Good stuff.

Meggy has your candy arrived yet?? I'm getting worried some customs agent has eaten your candy.

Dear Anne, please look up and read my previous post ;). I did in fact get it!

Ermmm....I'm not quite sure how I missed that post. But I am really really glad you got it and it wasn't a big ol' mess. I'm very interested to hear what you think of everything. I know the lollipop is so pretty but you can eat it. I can send you another one to be a decor item.

Re: Candy Exchange Partners
hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Fri 31 Jul, 2009 6:55 AM Quote
Lucia, has your candy package arrived yet? I'm starting to worry :S

nessyta
nessyta Posted Sat 01 Aug, 2009 3:22 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
Lucia, has your candy package arrived yet? I'm starting to worry :S

unfortunately no =(... but I hope it arrives soon, I'm getting a little anxious..

But not too anxious, a couple of times I bought some cds on ebay and they took 2 months to arrive from the US, I think they where from california. Other times they took less than a month or a week... so I know the US post service sometimes takes more or less than they say =P

So I'm keeping myself with positive thoughts! ^-^

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 01 Aug, 2009 3:50 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I have to tell the world that I am very disappointed with the changes made to Everlasting Gobstoppers. When I was a kid, they were BIG. They only came in packs of 2, but they were BIG. They changed colors several times, not just twice. And the sour stuff in the middle tasted better. Why did they have to change quality for quantity??

Kids are loving the candy. Violet said, "This is wiwwy GOOD! Mmmm I wuv it!" Today we had the Nugaton bars. Yum, like a big Kit Kat.

For those of you who received Junior Mints, try putting them in the fridge. They are delightfully refreshing when chilled!

Bigger and with more flavours? That must have been awesome! But for someone who hadn't tried them before, I must say I really like Everlasting Gobstoppers :o).

Aww, what a cutie! I'm happy that your kids are enjoying the candy! :o)

I followed your advice, so my Junior Mints are in the fridge.

minnmess wrote:

Between this and friendship day, you are such a lovely people.

LOL! Yeah, this made me realize that we have some sweet traditions in July... Maybe it has to do with the fact that it's winter and since it's cold we seek candy and affection? :oP

Almond, yes! Great stuff! In the end we tried the 3 Musketeers bar yesterday. It was so good! The fluffy filling was cool, I don't think we have stuff like that here.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 01 Aug, 2009 6:56 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Almond, yes! Great stuff! In the end we tried the 3 Musketeers bar yesterday. It was so good! The fluffy filling was cool, I don't think we have stuff like that here.

It's delicious! Unfortunately I have a very hard time trying to find it here in Mexico :o(. I found one of them in a little supermarket nearby my house one month ago or so. I love that chocolate bar for two reasons: it's yummy stuff and it reminds me of my childhood (when it was easier to find and buy). The picture of my mom coming back home from work with a bar for us to share hits my mind like a train when I bite it :o).

Sorry about that! But delicious chocolate + good memories = great life :o).

mili
mili Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 8:49 AM Quote
Anyone else still waiting for their parcel? Should I worry?

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 9:50 AM Quote
mili wrote:
Anyone else still waiting for their parcel? Should I worry?

Got my parcel from Nikki yesterday :) Took some photos but I just haven't had the time to upload them yet. Will do tonight or tomorrow!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 3:00 PM Quote
Whewwww! We tore through that box of candy like a pack of wild dogs! I think we have a few lonely "Drops of Love" left and that's it! Everything was delicious, Juli. I think my favorite were the Bon-o-Bons with the peanut cream inside. There was one other especially "yumular" (that's a made up word) chocolaty thing, but I can't remember the name. The chocolate was very smooth and velvety.

I have to say that not only are these exchanges fun, they have been quite educational for Rachel. We always look on the map (Yes, we have a map!) to see where the package came from. And she's also learning that there are good things about every country; good people, good food, and different things each country is famous for. Boardie exchanges are great!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 3:15 PM Quote
I haven't gotten mine yet :(

I agree with Kayte that it's very educational. And yummy. I hope some customs guy isn't eating my Polish delights.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 3:27 PM Quote
Moray still has yet to reply with his address so I can send him his candy. HINT HINT Moray. :)

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 3:52 PM Quote
(today I saw the PERFECT boardie unsecret santa gift! why oh why is it only August now...)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 4:21 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I haven't gotten mine yet :(

I agree with Kayte that it's very educational. And yummy. I hope some customs guy isn't eating my Polish delights.

If you don't receive it till Monday-Tuesday, I will send another one. I'm heading to Denmark in two weeks and I want you to get the candy!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 4:57 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
(today I saw the PERFECT boardie unsecret santa gift! why oh why is it only August now...)

I feel like that was the smashing success of boardie exchanges and should be done again. Perhaps in October I will start planning for another Christmas time exchange

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 2:40 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Whewwww! We tore through that box of candy like a pack of wild dogs! I think we have a few lonely "Drops of Love" left and that's it! Everything was delicious, Juli. I think my favorite were the Bon-o-Bons with the peanut cream inside. There was one other especially "yumular" (that's a made up word) chocolaty thing, but I can't remember the name. The chocolate was very smooth and velvety.

I have to say that not only are these exchanges fun, they have been quite educational for Rachel. We always look on the map (Yes, we have a map!) to see where the package came from. And she's also learning that there are good things about every country; good people, good food, and different things each country is famous for. Boardie exchanges are great!

I'm so glad you liked everything! And I agree, Bon-o-Bons are great! I don't know what's the other thing you're talking about, but it's good you enjoyed it :oP.

I still have some goodies left! I like saving my candy for "special moments". Peanut Butter Cups and Reesee's Pieces are my favourites so far. My brother and sister are enjoying this exchange very much too :oP.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 1:48 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

If you don't receive it till Monday-Tuesday, I will send another one. I'm heading to Denmark in two weeks and I want you to get the candy!!

Didn't even know that you're coming to my country :) Where will you be staying?

Pages Previous 1...8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:47 PM