Travis

Radio stations in Travisland?
silvella
silvella Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 11:03 AM Quote
Hi!
We are going on a round trip across Scotland, starting this Sunday at Edinburgh for 15 days by car. The route is Aberdeen, Inverness, Torridon, Skye, Fort William, Oban, Stirling. We stay for a few days in each of these regions. Does somebody know which radio stations can be received where? And which are recommendable? To say: which station is Travis-friendly?? Thanks!!

Re: Radio stations in Travisland?
mili
mili Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 12:11 PM Quote
Just a guess, Radio Clyde?

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 3:08 PM Quote
You are very unlikely to hear travis on any radio stations in the U.K.

Most certainly not on a regular basis.

SamHolden
SamHolden Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 8:22 PM Quote
if you are very very very very very lucky you might hear sing or why does it always rain on me. if that car can go back in time 8 years then most songs you'd hear would be travis. although i don't think the time travelling car has been invented yet.

take a CD

silvella
silvella Posted Thu 25 Jun, 2009 6:41 AM Quote
Thanks for your answers!! Although I'm a bit disappointed... seems like to be in Germany: "Sing", and once in a year "Closer" or "Flowers..". I haven't expected to hear Travis all day long in Scotland, but... hey, almost never???

So, I'll wait and see. And yes, I'll take a (two, three...) CD with me and try to find Radio Clyde. If I will be lucky to hear Travis, I'll let you know then!! ;)

To all of you guys: Have a good time!! See you in two weeks! Stay creative!

Craigyboy
Craigyboy Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 2:13 PM Quote
hey enjoy your trip around my country i'm currently up in aberdeen seeing my in-laws and a station called original fm 106 plays WDIAROM and Flowers often back down towwards glasgow clyde might play the odd track on clyde 1(102.5fm) and i've heard them on clyde 2(1152am) as well more often.

hope that helps

silvella
silvella Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 3:04 PM Quote
Craigyboy wrote:
hey enjoy your trip around my country i'm currently up in aberdeen seeing my in-laws and a station called original fm 106 plays WDIAROM and Flowers often back down towwards glasgow clyde might play the odd track on clyde 1(102.5fm) and i've heard them on clyde 2(1152am) as well more often.

hope that helps

Thank you so much!! Yes, that helps a lot, cause if you are not so good in common speech (even more in scottish...) it's not so easy to find a good radio station. I'll let you know how many Travis strikes we've scored... (is that the correct word??) ...and how I've enjoyed Scotland. Bye!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:16 PM