Travis

Noisy neighbours
seasonticket
seasonticket Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 7:46 PM Quote
I moved into my flat in Denmark a few months ago, my neighbour likes to have noisy parties most weekends where he listens to the most appalling music. (He played the Norway winning entry to Eurovision on repeat at midnight a few weeks ago)

I, for my part, listen to Travis on repeat while I write and play my guitar too loud (usually Travis songs, though some other bands).

It's Friday night and he is listening to music too loud again but this time, it is WTRY! I must have rubbed off some of my good taste?

Re: Noisy neighbours
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 10:43 PM Quote
Thats funny :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 20 Jun, 2009 12:09 AM Quote
My old neighbour used to play REALLY loud music at 2am in the morning every few weeks. Wasn't nice. We got everything and anything you can possibly imagine... but we never got Travis. :(

seasonticket
seasonticket Posted Sat 20 Jun, 2009 2:31 PM Quote
Oh. Nevermind, he's listening to Girls Aloud today. >.<

Mmusse
Mmusse Posted Sat 20 Jun, 2009 4:13 PM Quote
I had a neighbour who lived on the floor below mine. He had a puppy which was home alone almost all day and it barked and wailed all day long when he wasn't home. And sometimes when he got home I heard him yelling at it because it had done something it shouldn't (because he hadn't walked it). It was terrible :S You shouldn't be allowed to have an animal that needs that much attention if you can't take care of it properly :S And we are not even allowed to keep animals here .. Everyone in the building complained about him also because he partied 3 times a week (very loudly). But it took 2 months before he was kicked out.

seasonticket
seasonticket Posted Sat 20 Jun, 2009 4:59 PM Quote
Next door has two dogs who just cry all day too. The only reason I do not have a dog is because I work outside of my house. Too many people think that they are the most important being in the universe.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 7:37 PM Quote
ALWAYS phone RSPCA - that's what they are there for. I rescued 3 pedigree cats couped up for breeding , pacing cage of about 4 ft all day going insane AND fish in Manchester picadilly train station cafe in small bloody portholes of 18 inches for US to admire !!!! some people are so thick and selfish grrrrr that's before we even look at the dogs in China : (

seasonticket
seasonticket Posted Tue 23 Jun, 2009 10:20 PM Quote
I would if I knew the Danish name for it, the number and how to speak Danish... I don't even know if they care about their animals in the same way as back home, I have heard of people having puppies put down when they stop being cute and getting new baby ones here. :/

Mmusse
Mmusse Posted Wed 24 Jun, 2009 12:13 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
ALWAYS phone RSPCA - that's what they are there for.

I don't think we have RSPCA in Denmark :S Well, we have Dyrenes Beskyttelse. I guess that's kind of the same thing. But I don't think they'll do anything about it :/ I mean. I think he fed it (I haven't been in his apartment and I didn't see the dog so I couldn't know), but it was "just" home alone all day I don't know if that's something you can report him for?

seasonticket wrote:
I would if I knew the Danish name for it, the number and how to speak Danish...

Oh, I thought you were Danish :D

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Thu 25 Jun, 2009 4:18 PM Quote
Funny enough, I am the one who gets the noise complaints because I play my music too loud. =)

To be fair, my idiot of a next door neighbor was incessantly hammering away on a Sunday morning and woke me up. So I blasted Journey right back at full bass with the speakers right against the wall. Quid pro quo buddy.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 30 Jun, 2009 9:46 PM Quote
Confession.....I am a Travis noisy neighbour! - Not as bad as i used to be since my last telling off AND I was accused of having a screw loose dancing around the room at 3am!
( no comments please ! ) I mean WTF is someone doing looking through my window ; all I can say is, it must be good :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:47 AM