Travis

Re: Favourite Travis Video
leticia
leticia Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 10:52 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I always think of this as the official fan-video for Song To Self:

Song To Self Redux

This one does the song and the fans justice! :)

Agree!!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 10:55 PM Quote
alanistradi wrote:

*nods* (OMG! We can be agree Alex! haha)

Hehe nothing is impossible ;)

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Fri 12 Jun, 2009 10:57 PM Quote
leticia wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I always think of this as the official fan-video for Song To Self:

Song To Self Redux

This one does the song and the fans justice! :)

Agree!!

me too :)

TheBoyWithAName wrote:
alanistradi wrote:

Hehe nothing is impossible ;)

xD

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 13 Jun, 2009 12:29 AM Quote
leticia wrote:
Ben, what do you think of More than Us vid? Do you like it better than the song :P

I think there has been a slight misunderstanding with More Than Us. I think i said it was a good song but below what Travis have done since, or something along those lines. ;) For me personally, it's a weak version of As You Are. It's a good song, but certainly not one of my favourites. To be honest, i cannot remember the video. I'll need to watch the DVD soon. :P

TheBoyWithAName wrote:
The My Eyes video is pretty darn awesome too and the video really suit the story behind the lyrics! :)

Yeah, it's brilliant. Closer was good but My Eyes is their best video since Walking In The Sun. I REALLY hope the next single has a video as good as My Eyes.

Ana_Smith wrote:
I actually like that we can disagree and respect other people's opinions at the same time. And this would make a great topic for next week's chat! :D

But when it comes to "More than us", in my case, it's the same thing that happens with the song in itself, too much of a ballad...sorry!

Yes, you're right. It's very cool that we can disagree and give our opinions. We're all here because we love Travis after all. Well... in this section of the website anyway... :S I'm sure we'll talk more about the videos in the chat. ;)

Nothing wrong with a good ballad. :P Closer is surely a ballad? One of Travis' most loved songs. One of my favourite Travis songs. :)

Mmusse wrote:
I agree that Selfish Jean is the worst video. Song To Self is also very boring compared to the earlier videos. Maybe also a bit more "serious" than what you would expect? :P

You're right. The Song To Self video is very serious. I don't like watching it myself. I do wonder though what they could have done to make it interesting but i'm sure someone could have come up with something much better.

Nobody has mentioned Something Anything i don't think. This is my view on the Something Anything video: It's the rockiest song they've done in years, and you'd think one of the most energetic songs to play live. Why then do they all look like they've not slept in 4 days. I just find it really strange. Cool effect with Andy but the rest of it is disappointing.

EDIT: Oh my, didn't realise i'd typed this much! lol

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 13 Jun, 2009 5:37 AM Quote
alanistradi wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
The My Eyes video is pretty darn awesome too and the video really suit the story behind the lyrics! :)

I love that video, I really do.
The last scene with the picture of the whole family is so nice :)

Oh I love that video, so funny! Nursey Neilly is fantastic, hilarious! I love the way he walks, so... feminine and graceful lol!

I also like LWCT (this one is great, love the cinematography), Closer (Fran in a bear costume is so cute), Re-Offender, Walking in the Sun (I'm not a big fan of the song [I do like it, but...], however, the video is brilliant), Side (I like the UFO's stuff, too)... I don't know, they have a lot of great videos xD. Although I agree with Yu and Ana (I think it was them xD), the Song to Self video (the one with Fran singing alone) could be non-best one. I don't want to say "the worst one" ;oP.

deebee
deebee Posted Sat 13 Jun, 2009 9:16 AM Quote
My least favourite "unofficial" video has got to be 3 Times and You Lose. It's got no "meat" to it if you see what I mean.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 13 Jun, 2009 10:56 AM Quote
deebee wrote:
My least favourite "unofficial" video has got to be 3 Times and You Lose. It's got no "meat" to it if you see what I mean.

I think it's beautiful and dreamy ;)

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sat 13 Jun, 2009 2:55 PM Quote
I would dare say that Turn (US version) beats all others in the "non best" video category (as Alma put it :P)
I don't mean to offend anyone but it's too American, I feel like they are trying really hard to sell me something, completely unnecessary :D

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sat 13 Jun, 2009 5:42 PM Quote
l don't think they have bad videos :)

l like them all, it's just that some of them are better than the others ;)

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 13 Jun, 2009 7:04 PM Quote
I agree with Fer :)

SamHolden
SamHolden Posted Sat 13 Jun, 2009 7:19 PM Quote
I love the UK version of Turn but the US version is horrible.

it's a really really really cliched american video. quite embarrasing actually.

you'll see what i mean if you haven't seen it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qG-gSACh40

SamHolden
SamHolden Posted Sat 13 Jun, 2009 7:19 PM Quote

Mmusse
Mmusse Posted Sat 13 Jun, 2009 7:37 PM Quote
SamHolden wrote:

I didn't know another version existed :o The UK version is much better :D That's also my favourite. I don't understand why they made a US version in the first place. The first one is just so brilliant :)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 13 Jun, 2009 11:01 PM Quote
Ana_Smith wrote:
I would dare say that Turn (US version) beats all others in the "non best" video category (as Alma put it :P)
I don't mean to offend anyone but it's too American, I feel like they are trying really hard to sell me something, completely unnecessary :D

I agree.

joss
joss Posted Tue 16 Jun, 2009 4:00 PM Quote
My fav- Love Will Come Throuh:-) all songs about love are nice!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:53 AM