Travis

Melt Festival @ Ferropolis... GROUP UP !!!!!
Luis
Luis Posted Tue 09 Jun, 2009 7:36 AM Quote
Hello guys and old friends!!!
After a long and really busy semester I will be out on vacations in 3 weeks !!!. This was my last semester of my career (Biology). Incredibly, I just won a scholarship to take a summer course in the Hochschule Hartz in Wernigerode, Germany from July 13 to 31, so I am very exciting about it… But what I think its unbelievable, is that Travis will perform in Germany on that dates!!! And not very far from where I am. I know that I must definitely go and see them since they are my favorite band! (What an opportunity eh?!).

According to the Melt festival website, they will play at midnight (is that right?). So I will have to pretty much escape from the university that gave me the scholarship (omg!!!!) that Friday and run to Ferropolis (don’t know how… lol, I just know I will do it!).

I just want some info and (or) some tips, since I will have to stay and sleep there (if you even sleep at all). Maybe we can make some kind of a group and go all together, let know if you are interested. I could really use some help since this is my second time in Europe and my first time in Germany. CYA THERE !!!!

(I am already contacting RaZzZ, Nickynooboo and Trixi, every1 else is free to join us!)

Re: Melt Festival @ Ferropolis... GROUP UP !!!!!
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 09 Jun, 2009 4:16 PM Quote
Luis! How cool that you get to see them again...and wow, in Germany! I'm glad everything seems to be going well for you...I hope you have a great time with everyone!!

Sorry, I can't help with any of that, I just wanted to say hi, and I'm happy for you!

Trixi
Trixi Posted Wed 10 Jun, 2009 4:20 AM Quote
As for sleeping - pack your tent and sleeping bag, Luis!
Well, that's what I do anyway. ;)
..oh and yes, Travis are expected to play from 0:00 to 01:00
See you then :D

EDIT: Oh übrigens, ich fahre am Samstag mit dem "Wochenend-Ticket" für 37 € in Richtung Stralsund über Berlin Hbf.
Falls jemand auch in diese Richtung muss und das Ticket mit mir teilen möchte, ich hab noch 4 Plätze im Angebot :P

(I'm going back home on saturday using the "Weekend-Ticket" for 37 € - which counts for 5 persons - up to Stralsund via Berlin CS. In case anyone need to go in that direction, too who wants to share the ticket with me...I still got 4 places to offer)

...just let me know: beatrix.hartke@t-online.de

Luis
Luis Posted Tue 16 Jun, 2009 8:15 AM Quote
Thanks Samurai!! I wish you could come with us!

Trixi, I am so excited, I am definetly looking foward to meeting you there!

However, I have a small problem regarding the Melt Festival Friday ticket. My nation dont appear in the country list of the TixForGigs website
(http://shop.mikromarken.de/affiliate/53_01/en/ticketservice.php)
It also says something about make a deposit into a German bank.

I am working on the formalities to make that from the Banco de Costa Rica, international services; but I want to get more information before sending 50 EUR. I am trying to contact the TixforGigs Crew but... no answer yet.

Where did you buy your ticket (if you bought it already). What can you recomend me in this case? Do you think its safe to make the deposit?.

Trixi
Trixi Posted Tue 16 Jun, 2009 8:34 AM Quote
Luis wrote:
Thanks Samurai!! I wish you could come with us!

Trixi, I am so excited, I am definetly looking foward to meeting you there!

However, I have a small problem regarding the Melt Festival Friday ticket. My nation dont appear in the country list of the TixForGigs website
(http://shop.mikromarken.de/affiliate/53_01/en/ticketservice.php)
It also says something about make a deposit into a German bank.

I am working on the formalities to make that from the Banco de Costa Rica, international services; but I want to get more information before sending 50 EUR. I am trying to contact the TixforGigs Crew but... no answer yet.

Where did you buy your ticket (if you bought it already). What can you recomend me in this case? Do you think its safe to make the deposit?.

Luis, can't give you any info about that either, sorry. But if you won't get an answer from the TixforGigs crew anymore I could order a ticket for you from here and you give me the money back when we see us there...if you want to..just let me know.
Good luck anyway.

Luis
Luis Posted Tue 16 Jun, 2009 8:04 PM Quote
Oh Trixi!!! you are an angel. It would be great if you can buy the ticket for me and then I will give you the money once we meet!! I will even invite you to eat for the great favor my friend.

Even though, we need to stablish a place and time for our reunion. I was thinking about meeting you in Dessau in the afternoon. Another option is meeting in Ferropolis at the festival. What do you think?

PD. I have classes in the Hartz university that day :(. I know I have a lesson in the afternoon but I am not sure about the time it will finish. I think I may ask for permission to get out a bit earlier.

Thanks again for the offer and lets keep in contact. You can also mail me to luajimbar@hotmail.com. Maybe you can give me your msn so we can chat using messenger some time.

Trixi
Trixi Posted Tue 16 Jun, 2009 9:59 PM Quote
Luis wrote:
Oh Trixi!!! you are an angel. It would be great if you can buy the ticket for me and then I will give you the money once we meet!! I will even invite you to eat for the great favor my friend.

Even though, we need to stablish a place and time for our reunion. I was thinking about meeting you in Dessau in the afternoon. Another option is meeting in Ferropolis at the festival. What do you think?

PD. I have classes in the Hartz university that day :(. I know I have a lesson in the afternoon but I am not sure about the time it will finish. I think I may ask for permission to get out a bit earlier.

Thanks again for the offer and lets keep in contact. You can also mail me to luajimbar@hotmail.com. Maybe you can give me your msn so we can chat using messenger some time.

aww that's sweet but you really don't need to invite me to eat, hehe..I'm doing that gladly, ok? ;)
As for meeting...my plans have changed a bit by now so there's a little chance that a friend will join me to Melt
(depends on if he can make it to get off from work and all) If so we will come by car.
Then we should meet right in Ferropolis but if not I'll come (alone) by train.
Then we can meet in Dessau already and take the bus to Ferropolis together.
I will let you know as soon as I know it myself, alright?
I don't have msn, sorry but I'm pretty lame at spontaneous chatting in English anyway...believe me you would fall asleep.
I need my tiiiime to translaaaate *lol*
Well, you'll find out yourself next month.
Anyway..I sent you an email about the details for the ticket order.
As soon as you confirmed that everything's correct I'll order.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:03 PM