Travis

Psych-folk insurgence
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 05 Jun, 2009 11:33 PM Quote
Both Grizzly Bear and Animal Collective have followed Fleet Foxes' multi-vocal harmonies into the music semi-mainstream and apparently both have made superb albums, but there's mixed reviews about whose is best and whether either is actually worth the excitement. Fran recommends Veckatimest by Grizzly Bear (yes, I did have to google that) but does anyone here like them? Cheers as always for the random musical advice :)

Btw, "psych-folk" is from the newspaper. I'm not convinced either.

Re: Psych-folk insurgence
mili
mili Posted Sat 06 Jun, 2009 8:37 AM Quote
I saw the Grizzly Bear's new video and rather liked it. I also only recently really got into Fleet Foxes, but can't see myself getting too involved with the genre. I mean, how many bands like that do you need? I need some ballsy stuff, too.

Re: Psych-folk insurgence
TK23
TK23 Posted Sun 07 Jun, 2009 1:53 AM Quote
I love Grizzly Bear!! I first discovered them last year through their 'La Blogotheque' take away show video, where they sang an acapella version of Knife - (you can find it on YouTube). I think they're awesome, but you're right-- I certainly couldn't take too much of the genre. It's just good music to chill out to, and there's no doubt that they're super talented!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:28 AM