Travis

Re: Facebook's False Impressions of You
Absy
Absy Posted Sat 03 Jul, 2010 5:31 PM Quote
FB always suggests I befriend ppl I don't know because we have mutual friends.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 03 Jul, 2010 8:42 PM Quote
FB is really concerned about me needing auto insurance and offers me the AARP discount. I often forget that according in FB-land I am about to turn 101.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sat 10 Jul, 2010 5:47 AM Quote
Facebook seems to think that if I like the show Criminal Minds, I would probably also like Country Music.

I'm really failing to see the crossover potential there. ?? ;)

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Tue 13 Jul, 2010 1:16 AM Quote
Facebook suggests...
That I get on match.com, plentyoffish.com, AND eharmony to meet singles WTH?!! Is being single worse than having the plague?!!

I get an Interior Design education. Learn to design any home and earn money doing it with the Sheffield School. Get your free course catalog today!

I get a WOW psychic reading.
Are you ready for a mind-blowing psychic reading? Proven Certified Psychics® online now. You'll say wow! Guaranteed.

Shop at Mod Cloth and buy eco friendly stationery.
Modern Eco Stationery: where designs are fresh, cards are always 100% recycled and every order plants a tree!

So my luck in life is to go to a psychic so she/ he can tell me about the guy I am gonna meet on eharmony, head down to Interior Design school, start shopping at Modcloth and get some eco friendly stationery... Can I plzz pass!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 14 Jul, 2010 6:30 PM Quote
FB wants me to go to a psychic to find out if I am "ready for love"!!!

*cries*

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 17 Aug, 2010 2:40 AM Quote
Facebook wants to give me advice on how to get pregnant.

mili
mili Posted Tue 17 Aug, 2010 7:52 AM Quote
FB suggest I should buy a designer bag and daycare indoor slippers (aimed for under 6 years olds, even my kids are older than that). Also I ought to send a postcard.

Absy
Absy Posted Tue 17 Aug, 2010 7:15 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Facebook wants to give me advice on how to get pregnant.

Are you joking Kayte ? LOL

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 17 Aug, 2010 7:22 PM Quote
I just had an ad in French. I translated it and it was something like "Looking for a sensitive man?"

I had the words "en francais" in my status a few weeks ago so I think FB has decided that Im french.

Absy
Absy Posted Tue 17 Aug, 2010 8:32 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I just had an ad in French. I translated it and it was something like "Looking for a sensitive man?"

I had the words "en francais" in my status a few weeks ago so I think FB has decided that Im french.

You're canadian - almost cousins.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 18 Aug, 2010 4:23 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Make all your statuses about Picky's pooping problems and see what ads FB throws your way.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 18 Aug, 2010 7:36 AM Quote
Facebook thinks I live in Portland?! Nowhere on my profile does it say Portland. I live 3 1/2 hours away from there and 1 hour from Seattle. Whoever is running Facebook needs to study a map.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 18 Aug, 2010 12:38 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
Facebook thinks I live in Portland?! Nowhere on my profile does it say Portland. I live 3 1/2 hours away from there and 1 hour from Seattle. Whoever is running Facebook needs to study a map.

the map shortage is affecting FB too

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 18 Aug, 2010 3:08 PM Quote
It would be an interesting experiment to post something in your Facebook status, maybe in another language or about a certain country, or mention a car brand, and see how long it takes before you start getting ads about it. I'm still getting ads on Yahoo for cheap hotels in Las Vegas.

Mmusse
Mmusse Posted Fri 20 Aug, 2010 9:07 AM Quote
FB thinks I need to get silicone breast implants :S

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:47 PM