Travis

a big thanks
wonder_violet
wonder_violet Posted Sun 31 May, 2009 9:33 PM Quote
ok i guess it's been said before a 100 million times and everybody here is sick of these kind of posts but i just have to do this:
guys i adore you!! you are my audio sunshine!

i've been going throught some rough time these couple of days and i pulled out my travis record colection and got a whole new strenght. i've been listening to travis since i was 14, now i'm 21, and although i listen to their music all the time i just forgot how it feels to be totally submerged in it. and it feels fantastic!

so once again thank you so much for making this world such a beautiful place!!!
come to belgrade soon!:D i would love to hear you live

Re: a big thanks
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 01 Jun, 2009 10:29 PM Quote
So know what you mean :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 01 Jun, 2009 11:15 PM Quote
I'm also 21 and also started listening around the age of 14. I think i started liking Travis when i was 12 but didn't really get an album or anything until i was 14. :)

joss
joss Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 2:23 PM Quote
I am 15 and I liked Travis when I was 14...yes, short time!

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 2:44 PM Quote
Oh, Travis does that, the music may give you strenght and provide you with motivation among many other things...
I'd say that 13-14 is the perfect age to get to know Travis :)
I'm 22 now and I first listened to one of their songs in 1999. It's been a great journey so far!

wonder_violet
wonder_violet Posted Tue 02 Jun, 2009 11:29 PM Quote
i read somewhere- oliver sacks' musicophilia or daniel levitin's your brain on music, i can't remeber which one- that music that means the most to you is the music which you listened to when you were about 14. i know that it's generalising and i think i would love travis music even if i had disovered it later, but after reading the posts above it seems that there is something to it :)
the first travis song i ever heard was writing to reach you but it was just in passing. after the release of the invisible band i got addicted to sing and when they released flowers in the window i decided to get the album, actually my older sister bought me the album and i've been a travis fan ever since :D
as i new member of the board i must say that it's nice to see so many people apreciating travis. i'm so sick of close minded people who always label them as a boring band. but it's their loss

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 03 Jun, 2009 1:10 AM Quote
Are you me? What's going on here? lol

wonder_violet wrote:
music that means the most to you is the music which you listened to when you were about 14. i know that it's generalising and i think i would love travis music even if i had disovered it later, but after reading the posts above it seems that there is something to it :)

Interesting. Could be true. :) I certainly feel a connection with Travis' music like i feel for no other band. I know what you mean, i'm sure i would have liked Travis if i hadn't bought The Invisible Band when i did, but maybe for me, i wouldn't love them as much as i do. Which brings me to...

wonder_violet wrote:
after the release of the invisible band i got addicted to sing and when they released flowers in the window i decided to get the album

Exactly the same here! ;) I loved Sing, then Side but it wasn't until Flowers In The Window that i decided to get the album. I remember when it was, and i remember where i was. I can remember it so clearly. Weird.

wonder_violet wrote:
as i new member of the board i must say that it's nice to see so many people apreciating travis. i'm so sick of close minded people who always label them as a boring band. but it's their loss

Stick around. You'll have a lot of fun with us boring people on here. ;)

wonder_violet
wonder_violet Posted Wed 03 Jun, 2009 10:12 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Are you me? What's going on here? lol

"If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?"
wellcome to fight club :D

BenFilbert wrote:
Stick around. You'll have a lot of fun with us boring people on here. ;)

well that sounds promising. i think i will prolong my visit then :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:05 PM