Nell Posted Wed 03 Jun, 2009 2:25 PM Quote

Lovely Rita
Making of

I like those vids...special

Re: Funny, amazing, or in any kind special vids of Travis
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 03 Jun, 2009 3:26 PM Quote
Great videos thanks. :)

Seen that Sing video loads of times but it never gets old, classic! Haha. Loving that Eyes Wide Open. They did that middle bit in Eyes Wide Open just before they started doing it in Side. I wonder if we saw the moment Fran came up with the idea, what with him going over to Andy. It wasn't planned. :)

They do a lovely version of Lovely Rita.

Nell
Nell Posted Wed 03 Jun, 2009 4:48 PM Quote

I think the middle part in "Side-Eyes wide open" is a bit different. They do this amazing thing - before Dougie and the rest start the intro of Eyes wide open again (you know..the one with this cool bass line).

But here - because it was not planned (I guess...;) ) - they just repeated playing this intro -thing :)

Pretty cool idea though - I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee spontaneous action on stage!

:D hope to find more

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 03 Jun, 2009 5:35 PM Quote
Yeah, it looks unplanned. They did those middle bits in Eyes Wide Open a few times last summer and then started doing it in Side at the end of the year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb2iGHvH5qY&feature=channel Then they did Side Wide Open. :)

Nell
Nell Posted Wed 03 Jun, 2009 6:25 PM Quote
Ring out the bell Munich

I was there right before Dougie (Well not at this song)

And it was so funny when Fran realised he screwed up and couldn't find his way back into the song - then Dougie relised something's wrong looked back- smiled and tried concentrating again - haha I'd have blushed like hell

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Thu 04 Jun, 2009 12:58 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I've grown to like 12 Memories more and more and more as time has passed. I think songs like Walking Down The Hill are very special. We never talk about that song, maybe because most people don't like it i don't know, but i think it's wonderful. A song i forget myself but on the rare occasion i hear it, i'm amazed how awesome it is. I personally love Paperclips. It's really only The Beautiful Occupation i'm not so wow on from that album.

Oh wow,u totally said everything I could ever think of about those songs Ben!I adore Walking Down the Hill and yeah I wonder why it doesn't really get mentioned a lot here..It is a wonderful track to me too:)Same with Paperclips.The only track I wasn't really bowled over with
are The Beautiful Occupation and Mid-Life Krysis..I don't hate them but there's just a lot of other songs in 12 Memories that i much prefer;) But i think TBO is a song that gets better and better each time u hear it..I've grown to like it more now:)

And GREAT videos everyone!Thanks for sharing=)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 04 Jun, 2009 4:52 PM Quote
I really like Mid Life Krysis but it isn't one of my very favourites on the album. :) Hopefully they'll play Walking Down The Hill live one day. Would be super! :)

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Thu 04 Jun, 2009 6:42 PM Quote
OMG, how did I miss that TOTP performance!? I'm laughing like I haven't in a really long time, there's sth about throwing pies...

And I remember watching a Ring Out The Bell video inwhich Fran messed up one of the last chords. When they finished, apologized to Dougie for screwing up his song, to what he replied something like: "No problem, man" :D
Now, I can't find it!!

I like the "Making of" Lovely Rita, I always wondered how they had done that whistling-like sound :)

Finally, I always thought that The Beautiful Occupation was one of the best 12 Memories' songs so it's hard for me to understand why anyone would differ...sorry!

As the YouTube addict that I am, this thread feels like Heaven on Earth, thanks!!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 04 Jun, 2009 7:04 PM Quote
Ana_Smith wrote:
Finally, I always thought that The Beautiful Occupation was one of the best 12 Memories' songs so it's hard for me to understand why anyone would differ...sorry!

It's a good song, certainly not the worst album track. I think i was probably a bit harsh on it. ;) I'm not a huge fan of the lyrics. All of Fran's lyrics seem so effortless but i don't feel that with The Beautiful Occupation. Seem a little forced. I don't know. Not that i'm a big lyrics person really.

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Fri 05 Jun, 2009 7:42 PM Quote
I guess I get what you mean about TBO, but I like their attempt at dealing with the politics of the time through music...most of times I'm more of a lyrics person :)

Hey! Look what I found...
Fran's intro is hysterical, he's great at talking to the crowd: some shaving tips (chest hair talk included - apparently feeling like a man, haha), angry viking shouts for Claes (genius!)...I'm still taking it all in :D
Well, I better leave the rest for you to see if you haven't already seen this:

Good Feeling live in Portland, 2007

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 05 Jun, 2009 9:01 PM Quote
I love the "But have a nice day then"-part! :)

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 05 Jun, 2009 10:03 PM Quote
dubbbbbbb

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 05 Jun, 2009 10:05 PM Quote

Travis busking - sry bout quality

Why does it always rain on me

Turn

Fran alone: Sing

And just 4 fun
Tony Bony (Singles DVD)

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sat 06 Jun, 2009 4:28 PM Quote
I enjoy how honest Fran and Dougie are here:

A MuchMusic interview

It's a bit old, so you've probably seen it already, but there are some cool moments that deserve re-watching :)

Oh, another one! More "recent"...Andy and Fran on the tour, life on the road and what it was like recording OTJS:

Scottish Daily Record

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 06 Jun, 2009 6:20 PM Quote
Ana_Smith wrote:
I enjoy how honest Fran and Dougie are here:

A MuchMusic interview

It's a bit old, so you've probably seen it already, but there are some cool moments that deserve re-watching :)

Oh, another one! More "recent"...Andy and Fran on the tour, life on the road and what it was like recording OTJS:

Scottish Daily Record

Haha totally forgot bout these - thx for posting! U don't know by any chance if there's a vid from this night where Andy slipped and fell whilst "selfish jean"?

SJ live with Dimitri ( I think he's screwing up)

And I know it's the off. video- but I think it's very special and funny!!!

SJ

thx alanistradi:

Fran&Ali-G still not quite sure whether I find this funny or ....well dunno

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:52 PM