Travis

breakfast / lunch / dinner
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 3:34 PM Quote
it's foodie time ya'll... ;)

i've got a healthy breakfast goin' this morning...cinnamon toast TOTAL + skim milk...and a piece of toast (no butter).

not ideal, but i'm countin' calories. ;)

Re: breakfast / lunch / dinner
DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 3:41 PM Quote
That sounds good. I didn't have time for breakfast this morning, but my favorite cereal is Peanut butter Puffins from Trader Joes!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 3:49 PM Quote
yes! i've only had original but i freakin' love puffins!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/192/502236593_f944cd9cc1.jpg?v=0

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 3:51 PM Quote
You know, Goosemeister, I've tried Total a few times and it gets so, I don't know, kinda gummy. I've never been able to eat a whole bowl of it.

I tend to eat the same thing every day. For breakfast lately it's been scrambled eggs. (Start with protein!)

Lunch is half a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (other half goes to my son) and a glass of milk. PB&J has been my lunch every day since 1st grade. Once every few weeks I'll have a ham or turkey sandwich.

Dinner is just whatever. I get so sick of having to plan dinners.

As Nikki will tell you, I'm not an adventurous eater. I like plain food. Plain ol' American food. I can barely look at a vegetable. I'm a terrible eater, really. Still waiting for those food capsules like on the Jetsons.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 4:00 PM Quote

I like everything plain too. Though, I try to try new things! I recently added Mustard and Onions to my repertoire. Before that my Tacos only had cheese on them and maybe lettuce. (Still no cooked onions. Too slimy! Texture is important! I'm looking at you, BEANS!)

I haven't tried the Plain puffins. Are they just like corn puffs? The Peanutbutter ones are nice and fluffy and they have a good flavor. I noticed they were fluffier than the cinnamon ones for some reason.

Mmmm, Trader Joes has some good stuff. I like the Perogies they have there.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 4:10 PM Quote
oh no ladies...i am a sandwich arteeest!! i have to hook up my sandwiches with lettuce, onions, mustard, a tiny bit of mayo and sometimes even pickles. i tend to stick with turkey or roast beef.

the total is ok so far but it's only day two...i tend to switch up my breakfast every week...especially since i've started countin' calories (which i'm only 2 1/2 weeks in...and finally going to the gym...lost 3lbs so far so that's encouraging).

Turtleneck wrote:
Goosemeister,
i like this! haha

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 4:17 PM Quote
Today I had a half of a bagel with sun dried tomato cream cheese. Mmmmmmmmm

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 4:27 PM Quote
I rarely eat breaky and the lunch I brought to work is fairy boring but Im meeting friends at Ikea tonight for meatball dinner. Classy, I know.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 4:28 PM Quote
Ha I had coffee for breakfast! BUT later on I did end up eating an apple (I haven't ate fruit in like MONTHs, I'm so not a fan) but I balanced that out with a good ole Crunchie bar (candy bar for you americanos).

Seriously Kayte, peanut butter and jam (jelly) sandwiches EVER DAY???? I would HATE that! I have to have something different. I don't even think I could have the same dinners each week. :(

Woohoo Goosey!!! Good Luck with the loosing of pounds :)

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 4:46 PM Quote
Breakfast - a bowl of Special K (just got back from my hols and need to shed a pound or two)
Lunch - couscous
Dinner - beef stew, rice and broccoli.

I've just hidden the chocolate bar I bought earlier in the cupboard :-P I might drag it out later whilst watching Desperate Housewives.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 4:50 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Im meeting friends at Ikea tonight for meatball dinner. Classy, I know.

lol my friend and i use to work next to an ikea and we'd go to lunch for meatballs every now and then!! loooove it! ;)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 4:50 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Ha I had coffee for breakfast! BUT later on I did end up eating an apple (I haven't ate fruit in like MONTHs, I'm so not a fan) but I balanced that out with a good ole Crunchie bar (candy bar for you americanos).

Seriously Kayte, peanut butter and jam (jelly) sandwiches EVER DAY???? I would HATE that! I have to have something different. I don't even think I could have the same dinners each week. :(

Woohoo Goosey!!! Good Luck with the loosing of pounds :)

Ah, now we see why you're hyper today! Caffeine in the coffee, apples contain salicylates which make some sensitive people hyper, and a nice sugary candy bar. BuZZZZZZZZ.

Yes PB&J EVERY DAY. It's my favorite, so why bother eating something that isn't my favorite?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 4:58 PM Quote
I love chocolate, it's my favourite but I don't eat it everyday.

*pause*

Ok actually on second thoughts, maybe I do! :-/ ek hahaha
All in all I eat a pretty balanced diet. Ok maybe too much sugary things but I love my veggies.

Gosh this has got me thinking. If you had to choose one food to eat everyday, what would it be? That's really tough. POTATOES?!? That way I can cook them loads of different ways.....hey in sooooo Irish! LOL

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 5:03 PM Quote
LOL wendy!

oh man i looooove potatoes! cheesy mashed potatoes! :( won't be savoring those for awhile i reckon'

;)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 28 May, 2009 5:11 PM Quote
If I could eat only one thing WITHOUT DYING OF MALNUTRITION, it would probably be chocolate chip cookie dough. I could eat my weight in sugar with no problem.

If it had to be an actual food, potatoes is pretty good choice, because like Wendy said, there are so many ways to serve them. Possibly pizza, I require it at least once a week. My all-time favorite food is my grandma's recipe of chicken and dumplings, but no one makes it like grandma and she's gone now. I have her recipe (that she made up herself) but it doesn't taste the same because she cooked her chicken in a pressure cooker.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:03 AM