Travis

Listen to the WRNR Private Showcase with Fran & Andy
TheFourJs
TheFourJs Posted Sat 09 May, 2009 9:36 AM Quote
The WRNR Private Acoustic Showcase with Fran and Andy that was recorded on April 23, 2009 will be aired this weekend on www.wrnr.com. Just click on the 'Listen Live' box in the right hand corner.

The show will air on May 9th at 9AM EST and on May 10th at 9PM EST.

Enjoy!

Re: Listen to the WRNR Private Showcase with Fran & Andy
Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sat 09 May, 2009 1:36 PM Quote
Thanks so much for the tip!! I'm really glad I woke up early to study ;)
Just half an hour away...

cornax
cornax Posted Sat 09 May, 2009 2:33 PM Quote
Just caught the last half. I was glad that we got to hear the "real" Sean Connery story! And Ioved the audible "awwwwwwwww" at the end when Fran gave his pick to Justin. : )

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 09 May, 2009 2:46 PM Quote
erm 9pm EST is like 1am GMT, right?

shit...

anyone care to tell the story? I only know bout these dreams Fran said to have bout Sean C.

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 09 May, 2009 2:50 PM Quote
ah yes...and is it possible to record this inteview?

Can smb. plz do that?

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sat 09 May, 2009 2:51 PM Quote
I'm listening to it as I type this post, amazing!! (I'm at the end of the world and usually miss this kind of things...)

[Spoilers alert] :P

A special mention to the family who flew from California, BTW Justin sounds adorable :)

Pipe Dreams..."I'd pray to God if there was heaven, but heaven seems so very far from here...whether you win or you lose isn't going to change a single thing" I can honestly say I like Frandy, definitely!

One of their favourites, Fran talks about Glen Campbell covering Sing :D "...nothing, nothing, nothing...nananana...but if you sing, sing, sing"
Fran's not sure where the other members of the band are...Neil is watching James Bond in the bus...Oh, a Sean Connery imitation, hehe...priceless!

Closer..."Keep waking up without you here, another day, another year...and when I need you I know that you'll be there with me, I'll never leave you" Loved the guitar in the end...

Sean Connery anecdote: some friends from Edinburgh met him in New York while they were having dinner. It goes more or less like this: "Excuse me Mr Connery, sorry to interrupt you, we're from Edinburgh, we are here for only a couple of days..."
Sean Connery's reply? (Since in the backstage there were no children...) "F*** off" It'd be cool to get a "F*** off" from Sir Connery :)

Driftwood..."and you really didn't think it would happen but it really is the end of the line..." Oh, my, I dig Fran's voice here, and his last breath...

YAY!!! Out in space LIVE! "But all I see is black and all the stars look back at me...we would see so clearly, we blame ourselves as much as we'd blame we..." Beautiful whistling.

And it's all over now...lovely showcase, you have no idea how much I appreciate you posting the link to the live radio, THANKS, THANKS, THANKS!!
If anyone was able to record it and can somehow upload it, it'd be awesome!! If you haven't listened to it, you're missing a great set, so please do!
I'm happy, oh, so happy, today's going to be a perfect day ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 09 May, 2009 10:52 PM Quote
Thanks a lot. Missed it though and not exactly sure of the time it's on again. I hope someone records this, especially "Out In Space". :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 09 May, 2009 11:30 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Thanks a lot. Missed it though and not exactly sure of the time it's on again. I hope someone records this, especially "Out In Space". :)

Eastern time is 5 hours behind Board time, so 9:00 PM on Sunday would be...2:00 AM Monday on Board time. (But really like laaaate Sunday night.)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 09 May, 2009 11:39 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Eastern time is 5 hours behind Board time, so 9:00 PM on Sunday would be...2:00 AM Monday on Board time. (But really like laaaate Sunday night.)

Thank you. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 11 May, 2009 1:33 AM Quote
Does anyone know if i missed this? Or is it coming up soon? I just have to click "listen live" i guess...

grace
grace Posted Mon 11 May, 2009 1:48 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Does anyone know if i missed this? Or is it coming up soon? I just have to click "listen live" i guess...

it should be on in about 15 minutes if it's broadcasting at 9 PM EST.

it would be fantastic if someone could record it. fran's whistling skills are impressive. i can't whistle songs at all.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 11 May, 2009 1:56 AM Quote
grace wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

it should be on in about 15 minutes if it's broadcasting at 9 PM EST.

it would be fantastic if someone could record it. fran's whistling skills are impressive. i can't whistle songs at all.

Thanks very much! :) I'm going to TRY, and i really can't promise anything, TRY and record it. In my own special way because i really don't know what software to use to do it. I tried Google but i didn't know what i was looking for. So i'm going to TRY another way and it means i won't be able to listen to it as i record it so i hope it works otherwise i'll miss it completely. Ahhh. It's worth it though i think.

And if someone can tell me when it's finished so i know i can stop recording it! lol

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 11 May, 2009 2:20 AM Quote
Woooohooo!
Playing now: Driftwood :)

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 11 May, 2009 2:42 AM Quote
Just caught 'Driftwood' and 'Out in space'
Really nice :)

BenFilbert