Travis

question
Nell
Nell Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 10:24 AM Quote

out of privat interest can I ask u guys a question?

If the doctor tells you might or might not have an aneurism somewhere in ur brain causing insanely strong headaches etc. and you can find out whether you have one or not by a simple angiography:

Would you do it? - IF: you know - if you have it - there's most probably nothing one can do about it (too dangerous to operate) - and it can burst any day now - and it may affect all up coming decisions in ur life.

Would you still want to know? Or woul you just find a way to deal with the pain and other symtoms?
What would you do?

Re: question
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 10:36 AM Quote
if i had one and didnt know about it. The outcome wouldnt change. No matter what you should always live life for now (when possible ) and not worry about tomorrow.

mili
mili Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 10:51 AM Quote
That's tricky. Just the suspicion that there might be something will effect you in some level wether you want it or not. A full knowledge of a potentionally lethal condition on the other hand might make one over cautious.
I think it's one of those things others can't really help with, it all depends on the individual.

I'd probably would want to know for sure and then adjust my thinking accordingly. From experience, I had a health scare that required some test, and I couldn't get them done soon enough. The uncertainty was not good for my brain. The end result was negative, so I'm ok, but I can't say for sure what would've happened if the result had been reversed.

Nell
Nell Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 11:21 AM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
if i had one and didnt know about it. The outcome wouldnt change. No matter what you should always live life for now (when possible ) and not worry about tomorrow.

Yes, that's what one says..but that's not how life works, right?
I mean I'm at university - it's not what I wished to be doing - but it's the way to get to what I want....and also working for saving up money for a Bösendorfer piano etc.

so I "postpone" my wish-life for later...sure other do the same...

but thx

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 11:37 AM Quote
Thats why i said "when possible" obviously there can be an infinite amount of factors which will change how think.
I was just answering from my point of view.
Everyone has to do what is right for them and those who depend on them (children etc).

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 2:44 PM Quote
I would always want to know. That's just me, but I would always want to know. There may be nothing you can do about it, but if there is any chance that something can be done, you don't want to find out when it's too late. But as everyone else is saying, it's has to be a personal decision.

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 3:50 PM Quote
This will sound very morbid. But I've given some thought to it before.

If I had an aneurysm, I would want to know about it. I consider it a privilege in life to know how I am going to leave this world.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:16 PM