Travis

Question: Travis maybe influenced by "The Zombies" ?
JimmyDean
JimmyDean Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 7:03 PM Quote
I've always been on the lookout for a alternative band to Travis.
First of all I must say that I can not see the comparisons with bands like Snow Patrol, Coldplay, Feeder or Keane. Their songs and melodies have nothing in common with Travis except the "tenderness". When I listened to Snow Patrol & etc. I recognized that there consistently were Songs on the records that I did'nt like. The Travis' records have a quality that is more than brilliant (every song is liquefied gold.
Then I started listening to Bands that have been a influence on Fran and his Songwriting, like for example Joni Mitchell or The Band. As an alternative I recognize a lot of "Travis" in these influencing-artists.
So I come to my final question:
Travis always had something in common with the Bands of the 60's (Catchy pop-songs with a quality that is overwhelming)and I want to ask if they are also influenced by the band "The Zombies" ?! I can hear a lot of parallels between Travis and The Zombies.

Re: Question: Travis maybe influenced by
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 8:58 PM Quote
"It's the time of the season for looo-ving!"

Being that so many of the 60's bands hung out together and were being inspired by each other, from Herman's Hermits to The Beatles (what band HASN'T been inspired by The Beatles?) to the Rolling Stones, you're likely to hear influence from all over, I'd say. It's Rock Soup.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 10:05 PM Quote
i say try TEENAGE FANCLUB

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 10:19 AM Quote
I think Travis are influenced by the 60/70's music in general. It's hard to find a specific band that's had a major impact on them. Thank God they're no copy-cats!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:17 PM