Travis

Re: Why did Fran lose the plot?
Nell
Nell Posted Mon 04 May, 2009 11:30 PM Quote

firstly: I don't think one can say what Fran or anyone else for that matter would have done (except oneself)...(or is here a mindreader or psych attending this show?)
secondly: Men this hole thing's over - so get over it (all - the pro and the contra side of this beautiful view...(yeah it's late))
thirdly: I still don't kinda get it...why again does a UK - guy has to shout bout football at a music concert? And in what way is that not offending? (sorry..I got family there too never seem to get the impression that it's ok to shout bout anything at a concert...(well not if it's not a festival) and it's still kinda rude.)

But I don't think that was all of it - but even if it wasn't it's over...

yeah..and I could just take my own advice and ignore this thing but ...yeah it keeps coming back at the top of all these threads..and it's really just...well sad?

That's was my opinion in the very begining..this whole story's just sad....but well done right? There will be always some dummasrse shouting bout something - the only thing one can do is ignore them - tell them to shut the fuck up and let them get thrown out (which was kinda too late) but hey - next time one knows better..

so where's this rage all coming from??

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Mon 04 May, 2009 11:43 PM Quote
Stupid fucking Rangers fans, sorry Boston, but at least u dont need to share a city with them. Incase u dont all know btw, Rangers fans have a tendancy to be very right wing, pro-british neo nazi's who cant go anywhere without making a scene.

See: http://www.nrg.co.il/images/archive/408x322/604/954.jpg

Sounds like what happened in Boston.

One of thier chants is: " No-one likes us, we dont care "

Well, sadly neither does anyone else. Get back in your little biggoted hole ok and stop offending innocent Travis concert goers with your never ending bile.

Rant over.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 11:54 AM Quote
Celtic fans are wee innocent people then, and not as bigoted ?

Yeah ok .

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 1:18 PM Quote
Maybe we Travis-fans should go to a Rangers game and start chanting "FRAN HEALY". That's just how people are, we have to shout from the top of our lungs everywhere we go. We're cavemen, deal with it.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 1:33 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Maybe we Travis-fans should go to a Rangers game and start chanting "FRAN HEALY". That's just how people are, we have to shout from the top of our lungs everywhere we go. We're cavemen, deal with it.

*sighs*
It would appear , from what i can gather. This "incident" was blown out of all proportion.

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 1:45 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Celtic fans are wee innocent people then, and not as bigoted ?

Yeah ok .

Generally no, can u prove otherwise? Id point towards being the only fans to recive the fair play award after Seville. So, if anything we are a good example, I hate this," they are both as bad as each other " non-sense. Check ur facts mate. Anyway, ur an Aberdeen fan, Id have thought u would tend to agree. Lol.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 1:49 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

*sighs*
It would appear , from what i can gather. This "incident" was blown out of all proportion.

It was a joke, just trying to lighten things up a bit! :)

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 1:50 PM Quote
I have no need to check my facts , you are as bad as each other.
I have witnessed it time and time again over 30 years of going to football and living in Glasgow.
But whatever :)

winatel
winatel Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 2:15 PM Quote
What's going on here? I don't get a thing..
are we talking about football thing..?

The problem that happened in that night was about football?
I thought it was about manners...
whatever they shouted, it was no very kind thing and somehow it bothered Travis, somehow offended, and caused inconviniences to the people who were there..

they ruined the whole mood of the show..

Am I wrong? I don't know what's going on..really...Celtic? Rangers? Does it really matter?

sorry no offense but I'm not used to these..sport fan things...that kind of culture. I'm so confused..

Plz somebody sum things up for me?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 2:18 PM Quote
I think we are in need of a Fran reply.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 2:22 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

*sighs*

It was a joke, just trying to lighten things up a bit! :)

Yes i know it was a joke , my reply was just a general summing up of how i felt and not directed at anyone in particular :)

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 4:18 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

No! That's what I've been trying to say! This has been blown way out of proportion! Why does he, whenever there's a problem, have to give an answer to things?.

It's so so so so so not important whether this was about football, about religion or about cheese sticks! It was rude to do so (ok I guess we've got that) and now MOVE ON! Men it's over!

And these comments ("No Fran doesn't like football" or "they're all Celtics-Fans anyway" or "whatever") is total bullshit - who knows what they like (I thought Dougie actually likes Rangers) but it doesn't matter - in this context!

I know - barely one of u agrees with me (obviously) but do me the favour and think this through:

Is this whole incident - where at least the half of us wasn't even there - worth so much discussion, anger, offence etc.?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 05 May, 2009 4:31 PM Quote
Nell wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

No! That's what I've been trying to say! This has been blown way out of proportion! Why does he, whenever there's a problem, have to give an answer to things?.

It's so so so so so not important whether this was about football, about religion or about cheese sticks! It was rude to do so (ok I guess we've got that) and now MOVE ON! Men it's over!

And these comments ("No Fran doesn't like football" or "they're all Celtics-Fans anyway" or "whatever") is total bullshit - who knows what they like (I thought Dougie actually likes Rangers) but it doesn't matter - in this context!

I know - barely one of u agrees with me (obviously) but do me the favour and think this through:

Is this whole incident - where at least the half of us wasn't even there - worth so much discussion, anger, offence etc.?

We're still arguing without knowing exactly what happened and that is why I'd like Fran to explain what these people actually said. It may be unimportant or not interesting, but at least we'll know what was going on and can leave this thread behind us. If it was about football, then we'll know that it was blown out of proportion and if it was about something else then we'll know that. I don't like discussing a thing and then someone comes and blow all of the facts away. I just want a neutral explanation of what was going on.

Sorry for keep dragging this up again and again.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sat 09 May, 2009 5:40 PM Quote
smilerjon wrote:
They were simply looking for some band interaction/banter.

Even if this was your only intention (as you claim), the people in the audience paid to see the band, NOT you. You could have done that after the gig.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 09 May, 2009 7:31 PM Quote
Why is this crap still being talked about? Don't see any reason for it to continue. I'm sure it will however.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:03 AM