Travis

Re: For our Mexican Friends - Swine flu
carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 2:36 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
And now Egypt is slaughtering all 300,000 pigs in the country without compensating the pig farmers. Geeeees.

Those Egyptains should be eating good for a long time then, bacon and ham wrapped pork chops ;)

I think they're mainly Muslim, though, aren't they?

Yeah I was surprised too by the amount of pigs there given that the majority of them most likely don't even eat pork.

Don't mind me, I'm just being an ass, as usual ;)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 6:16 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
And now Egypt is slaughtering all 300,000 pigs in the country without compensating the pig farmers. Geeeees.

Those Egyptains should be eating good for a long time then, bacon and ham wrapped pork chops ;)

I think they're mainly Muslim, though, aren't they?

Yeah I was surprised too by the amount of pigs there given that the majority of them most likely don't even eat pork.

They should give it to people who don't care about religious issues and would be delighted about eating pork but they haven't eaten it in their whole life because of poverty in their countries... Unfortunately, I know "a few" people like that one in my country...

ricv64 wrote:
2 cases in my neighborhood

Oh that's terrible! Stay safe maZn!

So, I decided to have a good time while the world comes to its ending. Dancing all night long, having all the booze I can, and eating like a pig... Whoops, I shouldn't have said that! But since panic's in the air, laughing is the best way to avoid it ;o).

Monica
Monica Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 4:33 PM Quote
In Spain one person got the flu although she didn't visit Mexico recently. But her boyfriend did. That really scares me...

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 4:55 PM Quote
So tell me. What exactly are you lot scared of exactly?

Are any of you outside the range of 11-65? do any of you suffer from a chronic illness? Do any of you have absolutely no access to basic medical care?

I am sure the majority on this board can say no to all of these questions.
This i am scared stuff is laughable

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 5:01 PM Quote
Yeah actually, we're millions!

And only about 150-200 death cases here in Mexico have been confirmed. Are we supposed to call that an epidemia?

We have to take care and prevent. But we don't have to scare.

Monica
Monica Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 5:05 PM Quote
The person I talked about on my previous post was no ill or anything. She was completely healthy and she just got the flu because her boyfriend went to Mexico. And yeah, that scares me.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 5:08 PM Quote
I didnt say you couldnt catch it. But the level of people likely to die is still very small . It is treatable.

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 5:14 PM Quote
Rammsfer wrote:

I agree! Getting it is not a death sentence. And this is NOT the first time ppl have gotten it. I think there was an outbreak in the 70s, and I'm pretty sure the Earth is still populated... And it's not like it is a terribly painful disease, it's just like getting the regular flu. I REALLY do not understand what everyone is freaking out about!

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 8:25 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:

I agree! Getting it is not a death sentence. And this is NOT the first time ppl have gotten it. I think there was an outbreak in the 70s, and I'm pretty sure the Earth is still populated... And it's not like it is a terribly painful disease, it's just like getting the regular flu. I REALLY do not understand what everyone is freaking out about!

Yes, there was an out break in the '70's. Here's a video of a couple of psa's about it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iJLpe1tZl8&feature=related

Did people forget about that?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 9:08 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
So tell me. What exactly are you lot scared of exactly?

Are any of you outside the range of 11-65? do any of you suffer from a chronic illness? Do any of you have absolutely no access to basic medical care?

I am sure the majority on this board can say no to all of these questions.
This i am scared stuff is laughable

I think the fact that we don't really now yet what this is and how serious it really is makes people most scared. Also the medias only act as domesday prophets. That and living in uncertainty is the reason behind this hysteria.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 9:54 PM Quote
i don't know, but my profile picture is scared of having the swine flu

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 9:59 PM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:

Hahaha, it's great you're taking care of it! :o) Remember to wash its hands as often as you can ;o).

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 3:08 AM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:

Haha!

mili
mili Posted Sat 02 May, 2009 8:29 AM Quote
mili wrote:
erikausagi wrote:
mili wrote:
The Finnish band the Rasmus has decided to continue their Mexican tour. That must be sort of encouraging

even their decided to continue, all the public places, including gigs has been cancelled until may 6th... so.. is the same for them lol

Interesting, how differently things are reported in different countries. I kind of got the idea that things are improving, and that's why they were allowed to continue. Apparently they're in Guadalajara now, on Sunday they played at Monterrey.

"We are now in Guadalajara and everyone in The Rasmus is well, the shows are going well and we are enjoying the Mexican hospitality."

http://www.therasmus.fi/start.php?language=en

Oh, well, the band decided to call it a day after all. The singer went straight from the Helsinki airport to a hospital for a check-up.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 02 May, 2009 1:09 PM Quote
mili wrote:
mili wrote:
erikausagi wrote:
mili wrote:
The Finnish band the Rasmus has decided to continue their Mexican tour. That must be sort of encouraging

even their decided to continue, all the public places, including gigs has been cancelled until may 6th... so.. is the same for them lol

Interesting, how differently things are reported in different countries. I kind of got the idea that things are improving, and that's why they were allowed to continue. Apparently they're in Guadalajara now, on Sunday they played at Monterrey.

"We are now in Guadalajara and everyone in The Rasmus is well, the shows are going well and we are enjoying the Mexican hospitality."

http://www.therasmus.fi/start.php?language=en

Oh, well, the band decided to call it a day after all. The singer went straight from the Helsinki airport to a hospital for a check-up.

What about the rest of the band? Do they think it's rock'n'roll to get the swine flu?

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:44 AM