Travis

Speak No Evil?
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 1:50 PM Quote
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8009359.stm

Now , let me just say i dont agree with her . However, are we no longer allowed an opinion in this world?

Re: Speak No Evil?
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 10:07 PM Quote
Yeah, I agree with you. I may not agree with her, but it was a weird kind of question to ask, I think. And, he asked for her opinion on the subject, and she gave an honest answer. She was judged for having the "wrong" opinion, instead of being judged for how well she constructed the reply and how well she could support that reply.

Whether you agree with what she said or not, it was still her opinion.

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 4:59 AM Quote
The question was quite provocative to begin with, and when you have someone like Perez Hilton, himself a gay man, asking the question, it was bound to stir up some controversy.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 5:18 AM Quote
Very well put Sandy and Peter. It was a super loaded question which is unfair. I wonder were all the other questions political landmines? I doubt it.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 10:29 AM Quote
"We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage,"

"I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman,"

"No offence to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

Statement issued:- I am personally saddened and hurt that Miss California believes marriage rights belong only to a man and a woman.

Where exactly does she mention marriage rights ???

Personally I agree with her, but I'm in a minority and it's not my decision to make. Also I think if you are going to allow same sex marriages then they should carry the exact same rights as any other marriage.

Dubz

*edit* I've just been watching Youtube clips and it seems Perez Hilton has raised his profile somewhat appearing on News and Talk Shows to talk about the event. I really would have to question his motives behind asking such a loaded question. If he wants to get all moral and ethical... how does destroying the career of a young girl to further his own measure up ???? Of course I may just be being extremely cynical here but I don't think so.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:03 AM