Travis

F*cking burglars (again)
Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 10:55 AM Quote
I can't believe it. I came home yesterday, and my door had been kicked in. Laptop and camera was gone, and my piggy bank had been smashed.

And on top of that the burglar had the nerves to smoke inside my home - there were ashes on the floor. Blah!

It's only been 18 months since the last burglary, and that was a different flat. Now I live directly across from the police station, and still this happens. Urgh.

Gotta look at it from the bright side; they didn't break anything apart from the piggy bank and maybe my iron (which was used to smash the pig). And they didn't take my signed travis ticket :)

Re: F*cking burglars (again)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 12:45 PM Quote
Well , as ong as you are ok. Everything else can be replaced.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 1:37 PM Quote
You're right. Except I didn't really back up anything on my laptop so it's buh-bye to a lot of photos and documents. My bad, I know. I guess have to learn to back up the hard way :)

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 2:42 PM Quote
oh lord..
it's good to know that you're ok!
it's such a shame that you had lost the photos and documents in your laptop though :(
i never back up my stuff until i'd lost some of them when my computer broke down last month
maybe we should at least put in online, facebook, myspace, send them to your email account, whatever
my dad always burns his photos into cds

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 2:54 PM Quote
Hanne that stinks. I remember you posting about this last time. Can't believe it happened again. So glad you are OK. Like Gladly said, stuff is replaceable but you're not.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 3:39 PM Quote
:/ sorry Hanne...what bastards!

mili
mili Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 5:21 PM Quote
Sorry to hear about that, Hanne! Obviously not a civilized burglar for not taking the signed ticket.

My bag was once stolen from my then office. Lost amongst other things were my favourite bag, sunglasses and wallet with important pictures (personal value), bus ticket, credit card and driving license. The last item was later found in a bus (!), so I didn't have to pay for a new one, but I had some photos in the same plastic pocket with the cardboard license, and they were gone. I think that was just mean.

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 5:25 PM Quote
Ohhh Hanne, that is terrible. I am so sorry that you have lost those things, but so glad that you are safe and unharmed!
Just remember....what goes around, comes around. The burglars will get their dues.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 5:38 PM Quote
l'm so sorry Hanne...
That sucks!

But yeah at least your ok :] And they didn't stole your Travis signed ticket :D

l hate burglars! They once stole my Play Station and GameBoy Color!

Hope you're better :)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 6:30 PM Quote
Hanne!!!

That is so scary! :( Evil people, I just don't understand! Get better locks!!!!!!!! I hope your insurance covers some of it :(

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 7:12 PM Quote
That sucks, Hanne! Glad you're ok. But still it's so frustrating when these things happen...

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 8:16 PM Quote
Thank you all so much for your kindness :) It really helps.

My insurance covers almost everything, and I've learned my lesson about backup. The other day I bought a bunch of CDs to back up my pictures... Guess they'll have to wait for the next pictures I take.

I moved since the last burglary and I now live directly across from the police station. At the first burglary, the police was there about ten minutes after I called. This time it took them three hours. Hmm...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 19 Apr, 2009 1:51 AM Quote

Sorry to hear this Hanne, it really is quite shitty, glad you are ok, and it is commendable that you ar so upbeat about it, I would be walking the streets with a big fuck off stick searching for the fuckers, but hopefully in your case karma will intervene.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infect their underpants!!

Dubz

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:17 AM