Travis

Re: My First Concert Since 1992
Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 4:54 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Just between us, I have never really been to a real, honest to goodness, shout-shout-knock-yourself-out type of rock concert. I have been to sit down and behave yourself and applaud politely concerts by washed-up singers from yesteryear (I do love my oldies, you know).

So, I'm excited and kind of nervous, too. I probably should have done the crazy groupie thing earlier in life. But I'm glad I'm doing it. I can't wait to see everyone! And then on to Cleveland! Woo hoo!

I don't know you but I saw this post and felt the urgent need to say something.

It's never too late, life shouldn't be about regrets, so you have to live it fully!
I'm usually a really quiet person, but when it comes to music, well, let's say that live concerts take the best out of me (in particular if it's a band I've learned to hold dear over the years as it's the case)
Oh, you have no idea what you've been missing!

Therefore, for all of us (who are far away) wishing we could be there, jumping, dancing and singing at the top of our voices, do as Fran says:"If you feel a bit self-conscious you are exactly the type of person who SHOULD be doing this: Let your inhibitions go, close your eyes and take off" = wise words, so true. Do a little pogo in my name and let us know how it goes.
Have the time of you life! ;)

mili
mili Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 5:23 PM Quote
Have a great time! I'm rather envious of you ABC people :^)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 5:26 PM Quote
Woo since 1992 :O!

What a lovely return to concerts ;)
lt has to be special :D lt'll be special :)

Have a great time!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 3:46 PM Quote
Let me start by saying this:

The Beach Boys in 1992--I heard it.
Travis 2009--I FELT IT. (And it felt so goooooood.)

Being in Chicago with all the boardies was great. How fun to attend a concert of your favorite band surrounded by "old friends who just met" (to quote Gonzo in the Muppet Movie). Even with the troubles that night with the microphone, I still loved it.

But I'd be lying if I didn't say that CLEVELAND WAS 100 TIMES BETTER! Now that was a Travis show. And now I understand what everyone means about seeing them live. The best way I can describe it, is that the music has more weight to it. The loud bass turns your whole body into a tympani drum and even the weight of the guys' feet banging on the floor as they jump around...everything is just heavier and more real, I guess. I hope that makes sense. (As Juli says, it's hard to say in English!)
Met the guys after the show again and I got a little souvenir.

Thank you Travis, you've given me a 4-day-weekend full of new friends and fun and rockin' music. I'll never forget it!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3585/3462857608_70e42ae93c.jpg?v=0

Re: My First Concert Since 1992/Review on Page 2
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 4:39 PM Quote
Kayte you did a good job of describing the indescribable. I couldn't be happier for you that you had such a wonderful experience.

Did you ever think writing down the name Travis after hearing them on the radio would lead to all of this??

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 6:37 PM Quote
I'm so glad you had a great time in Cleveland Kayte! You are right...seeing them live has way more weight to it. Words just cannot describe it. I too am so happy for you!!! :D

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 7:31 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Kayte you did a good job of describing the indescribable.

*nods*
so true...

Congrats Kayte :)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 8:41 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Straight to the heart!

You're right :D

l'm so happy for you, Kayte. You'll never forget it...

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 12:09 AM Quote
groovy . I recommend TFC if they make it to the D , ya gotta just gotta go mazn

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 22 Apr, 2009 6:10 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

What a great way to describe it! I totally agree. It is hard to describe the indescribable. I have a hard time answering friends who ask me "how was that concert you went to?" It sounds so lame when I reply with awesome, amazing, great, the time of my life, etc... and it really doesn't do the guys justice.

I'm glad you had so much fun!

Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 1:23 PM Quote
I think this post is such a great testament to how incredible it is seeing the guys live. I go to the symphony more than rock concerts, and actually had the pleasure of trying to explain to a friend that I couldn't use his extra ticket to the ballet because I was going to see Travis the same night. Every once in a while this girl ditches her pearls for her most pogo-friendly sneakers and has the time of her life! If you're reading and posting to this board, you obviously already know it. . . but Fran, Dougie, Neil, and Andy really create a special experience for their fans. Just when I think they couldn't possibly get any better, they out do themselves again.

Monica
Monica Posted Fri 24 Apr, 2009 4:41 PM Quote
It's difficult to describe some things... One of these is how it feels to see Travis for the first time ^^

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 25 Apr, 2009 4:44 AM Quote
Kayte, it was so great being there with you. I will never forget our little Rock n Roll road trip!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 2:23 PM