Travis

Caribana Festival, Switzerland.
deebee
deebee Posted Fri 03 Apr, 2009 4:58 PM Quote
Can you guys confirm that you're playing here on the 11th June please?

Re: Caribana Festival, Switzerland.
Lucile
Lucile Posted Fri 03 Apr, 2009 5:42 PM Quote
That would be brilliant news! I was there last year and it's a great festival :)

deebee
deebee Posted Sat 04 Apr, 2009 9:04 AM Quote
Lucile wrote:
That would be brilliant news! I was there last year and it's a great festival :)

Hi Lucile. How far is it from Nyon? Is it easy to get from the train station to the festival site?

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 06 Apr, 2009 12:23 PM Quote
I drove there so I couldn't tell you exactly but I don't think it was that far. I'm sure there are shuttle buses that drive you from the station to the festival.

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 8:31 AM Quote
Still no confirmation????? TWT????????

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 9:14 AM Quote
deebee wrote:

Hey deebee, if it is confirmed that they are playing do you have someone to go with? I am determined to see the guys play this summer, but none of my friends are willing to leave the UK to see them :(

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 9:14 AM Quote
deebee wrote:

Hey deebee, if it is confirmed that they are playing do you have someone to go with? I am determined to see the guys play this summer, but none of my friends are willing to leave the UK to see them :(

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 4:24 PM Quote
Hi Nicky. I'm trying to work out how I can wangle another trip to see the guys again but although I see myself as a UK boardie, I don't actually LIVE in the UK so I can't help out on the travelling front - sorry.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 4:54 PM Quote
deebee wrote:

Hi deebee, i sent a message to TWT some days ago and they told me travis have not other festival or gig in summer.
Until in America tour, Fran told us he has not other tour this year, so... later than North America tour, will has 3 festivals in July and that´s all. That is because they wanna take a rest and write for next album.
So bad luck, but at least they are honest.

Anyway i will try to attend some festival cos maybe is the last Travis concert in the year.

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 4:57 PM Quote
Thanks Razz
What I don't understand is that Travis are listed on the Fnac website which is one of the official sites they use to sell their tickets - it's simply confusing and would be good to know one way or another :-S

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 5:08 PM Quote
Hey Debbie,
The same thing happened last year with Stereophonics. They were listed on the website for weeks until it was eventually confirmed. I remember emailing the drummer who told me he didn't know anything about it. And it was confirmed a week later or so. I wouldn't be too surprised if the promoters actually released the names of the headlining bands before getting confirmation from said bands. I just hope it gets confirmed in the end! (I remember buying a ticket to see Robbie Williams in the south of France a few years ago, but his manager knew nothing about it. I got a refund a week later for a gig that had never been planned in the first place...)

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 5:15 PM Quote

Hi guys

I'm planning to go...am I gonna meet some of u?

The guys from the site of this caribana festival confirmed that Travis are indeed gonna play on the 11th of June - although it hasn't been confirmed here yet...so...

who's coming?

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 5:28 PM Quote
I definitely want to go, but I'm waiting for confirmation from the band to buy my ticket. If they do confirm, I will certainly see you there :)

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 5:38 PM Quote
I can't believe they go ahead with the publicity when the band haven't even confirmed it, grrr! I'll hold fast and think of a way to skip work in the meantime, lol ;-D

EDIT, Lucile, thanks for your PM about Weds. Reply on it's way soon but I've got to go and make dinner first.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Mon 13 Apr, 2009 5:47 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
I can't believe they go ahead with the publicity when the band haven't even confirmed it, grrr! I'll hold fast and think of a way to skip work in the meantime, lol ;-D

But already you saw travis gonna play on the 11th of June??? Or do you think that just coz they are playing Travis?

Is pretty strange, i don´t think Travis gonna play in 2 different festival in the same country and in a twice months.
Just think the promotion and stuffs like that, is not nice for the band to play 2 times in a little.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:22 AM