Travis

The Apprentice
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Wed 25 Mar, 2009 9:09 PM Quote
Yay, it's back :D

Re: The Apprentice
moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Wed 25 Mar, 2009 10:44 PM Quote
I went to school with the curly red head girl - Paula. She didn't say much tonight but think she'll get louder as the weeks go by!

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 26 Mar, 2009 10:46 AM Quote
The blonde 'bombshell'. Katie? Is a distant relation of mine.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 26 Mar, 2009 11:06 AM Quote
Considering the complete and utter tool he employed last year. Is winning this competition really much of an achievement?

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 26 Mar, 2009 1:01 PM Quote
I don't normally follow it but tuned in last night. The show is utterly ridiculous. Last nights first task was to set up a cleaning company. They were given a budget, contact details and they set up meetings with potential cleaning customers - one selected cleaning high end cars, the other cleaning in bulk for a mini cab company. No problem there, thats good. They made a strategy, pitched for a contract, ensured they could make a profit, balanced their books etc.

but why then make the whole lot of them actually clean the cars?! What do they know about cleaning cars - expecially professionally valeting the high end ones. There's specific companies out there with pretty skilled guys who take great pride in giving a good valet. Of course they were going to fall flat on their face and make a shit job of doing that. But what did that prove? They're not cut out for a career as a cleaner? The apprentice isn't called "The Apprentice: How Good are you at cleaning a car". Its a fundamentally flawed and moronic basis for a show. At best the team should have been told to manage a team of car cleaners, that would have made sense.

End of rant.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 26 Mar, 2009 1:05 PM Quote
Now where would the entertainment in the show be, if they didnt make an arse of themselves hmmmmmm.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:16 AM