Travis

Trade my Signed J. Smith 10" vinyl sleeve for your Unsigned
grace
grace Posted Mon 09 Mar, 2009 2:40 PM Quote
So this is a bit of a random request and I'm not sure which forum it belongs to.

I bought an unsigned J. Smith 10" vinyl EP from Trinity Street when it was released last June, but I received a signed version. I was supposed to send it back to them for an exchange but never got around to it. I just read that they went out of business so there goes any hope of that ever happening.

That said, does anyone want to trade their unsigned J. Smith vinyl sleeve (just the sleeve, no record) for my signed J. Smith sleeve? I'll throw in a promo poster of the band, some pins/badges and some other stuff if I can find the rest of my old collection. Postage would be super cheap since it's just a wee bit of cardboard sandwiched b/t thicker sheets of cardboard so it doesn't bend. I'd prefer to trade w/ someone who's also in the U.S. but I'm open. Anyone?

(Sorry for the huge photo. It's the one I sent to Trinity Street but w/ my info blurred out for obvious reasons.)

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu17/gcphotosdc/JSmithSignedVinylGrace.jpg

Re: Trade my Signed J. Smith 10
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 09 Mar, 2009 3:28 PM Quote
Out of curiosity why do you want an unsigned sleeve?

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 09 Mar, 2009 7:05 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

yeah? isn't better in that way? :S

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 09 Mar, 2009 7:08 PM Quote
I've always wondered why instead of "por avión" it says "par avión" (air mail) :S

The signed copy is cooler in my opinion :)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Mon 09 Mar, 2009 8:44 PM Quote
What?

Lucky you!

l prefer the signed vinyl...
;)

grace
grace Posted Mon 09 Mar, 2009 9:59 PM Quote
alanistradi wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

yeah? isn't better in that way? :S

I would've liked to have had it signed and personalized specifically for me by the band instead of pre-signed. I actually don't want it signed at all though since I was hoping to display it. I like the artwork and the autographs really distract from it. I already have signed stuff so I was hoping to leave this one the way it is :/

Monica wrote:
I've always wondered why instead of "por avión" it says "par avión" (air mail) :S

I wikipedia'd it and they say it's b/c, "French [is] traditionally the international mail language."

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 09 Mar, 2009 10:48 PM Quote
I understand that request as I have mine on display and I love it as art and the sigs do take away from that ( no offence guys!_)

grace
grace Posted Tue 10 Mar, 2009 12:56 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
I understand that request as I have mine on display and I love it as art and the sigs do take away from that ( no offence guys!_)

I'm so glad you understand (and posted!) as I thought most people would think I was weird. Definitely no offense to the band! More props to Franny perhaps b/c he did the artwork?

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 10 Mar, 2009 4:31 PM Quote
grace wrote:
Monica wrote:

I wikipedia'd it and they say it's b/c, "French [is] traditionally the international mail language."

Interesting. Didn't know that. Thanks for the explanation ;)

TK23
TK23 Posted Tue 10 Mar, 2009 9:55 PM Quote
Holy cow! I sure wish I had an unsigned copy to trade... but alas, I do not. I was devastated when I couldn't get a signed copy. : (

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:14 AM