Travis

Re: THANKS DOUGIE FOR YOUR SONGS!!!!
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 11 Mar, 2009 1:24 PM Quote
Dougies songwriting is just getting better and better! The fact that he's been involved in writing 4 of the best tunes on Ode says it all! The more I listen to Last Words, the higher I put it on my Travis ranking-list ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 11 Mar, 2009 1:32 PM Quote
Would be nice to know a bit more. We know Fran wrote the lyrics to Long Way Down and we know Dougie wrote the lyrics to Last Words with a little tweaking from Fran. Who wrote the main bulk of Quite Free. I'm guessing Fran as his name is mentioned first when on Last Words it is Dougie's name first. :)

I think Dougie is getting better and Last Words is definitely his best song. But for me, he has never written anything close to 30 or more Fran songs, apart from Last Words. I do hope we get some Dougie sang b-sides next album though. Miss hearing Dougie sing.

milos
milos Posted Wed 11 Mar, 2009 5:56 PM Quote
I love Dougie's songs and in my opinion the ones he has written on last two albums definitely deserve their place. And according to this article from last December, he has already written some songs for the next album!

I think it's great because it makes them more creative and productive. It can also shorten the breaks between albums as there is more material and less pressure on Fran. And i definitely agree that he should sing again, at least on b-sides! :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 11 Mar, 2009 6:09 PM Quote
Thanks for the link. Fran did say on here he hadn't written any for the next album but we'll see. I like "pop songs" there. Another Walking In The Sun please guys! :) Can't wait for the next album, from that it sounds like it may not be out this year. Which goes against pretty much everything they've said in the past 12 months.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Wed 11 Mar, 2009 6:19 PM Quote
Quote:
Payne added: "We haven't taken a break after the last two albums, so we will disappear at some point next year."

I'm the only one who feels kind a depress when heard this (obvious) news? hahaha XD
I'm frightening with the idea of wait long time for a new album (2? 3? or 4 years? OMG :S hahaha lol!)

and, of course, agree about skills of Mr. Payne, is getting better and "Last words" is sample of that improvement :)

milos
milos Posted Wed 11 Mar, 2009 6:23 PM Quote
It would be GREAT (three albums in three years!) but i don't think it will be out this year. They'll probably want to take a break after the tour. My guess is spring/summer 2010.

milos
milos Posted Wed 11 Mar, 2009 6:27 PM Quote
alanistradi wrote:
I'm the only one who feels kind a depress when heard this (obvious) news? hahaha XD
I'm frightening with the idea of wait long time for a new album (2? 3? or 4 years? OMG :S hahaha lol!)

Based on what they've been saying lately, I'm pretty sure it won't be such a long break. We'll probably get a new album next year. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 11 Mar, 2009 6:51 PM Quote
Agree. Spring/early Summer 2010 probably. Any later than that and it'd be a change of plan by the band. Ooh it's exciting though! lol :)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Wed 11 Mar, 2009 8:23 PM Quote
They deserve the break

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 11 Mar, 2009 9:39 PM Quote
Rammsfer wrote:
They deserve the break

Definetely and I don't want them to release something in a haste. I'd rather have nothing than something less good or thoughtful than the guys usually come up with :)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Thu 12 Mar, 2009 2:40 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:
They deserve the break

Definetely and I don't want them to release something in a haste. I'd rather have nothing than something less good or thoughtful than the guys usually come up with :)

Yes!
I agree with you.

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 12 Mar, 2009 5:12 AM Quote
Rammsfer wrote:
They deserve the break

agree

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Thu 12 Mar, 2009 5:06 PM Quote
milos wrote:
alanistradi wrote:

Based on what they've been saying lately, I'm pretty sure it won't be such a long break. We'll probably get a new album next year. :)

that would be great! Definitely they need a break (there's no doubt!) after 2 albums and travel around the world but isn't good to take long breaks neither (musically speaking):)

BenFilbert wrote:
Agree. Spring/early Summer 2010 probably. Any later than that and it'd be a change of plan by the band. Ooh it's exciting though! lol :)

your words will come true? we hope so! :)

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 1:36 PM