Re: Genesis - how it should be read
DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 6:13 PM Quote
bloody repeats

kiwi
kiwi Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 6:23 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
All I did was say I didn't see where that argument came from.

I've read intently through what you've said, your history with catholisism among other religeons, understood it, respected it, identified with it having had similar experiences.

I listen to what everyone says to me - you said to me, is that not a bad thing to say (referencing my comment about god). Am I just supposed to say "you're right kiwi - praise be! Thats the ticket indeed. I should change my awful ways." No, I'm supposed to clarify what I was saying since you've taken it out of context. Brick wall? If brick walls could see mate, you really want to look in the mirror. You'll find few people as open minded as me when it comes to this topic. IF you don't see the point of my comments (despite 'seeing where I'm coming from') then just don't venture there. The point is the same as any other thread (and now I'm having to repeat myself becuase you'e asked yet another rounded question) its here because its something I, and obviously a dozen or so other people find interesting. No other reason. Just that. Its not like I've ever posted this topic or any other before - to date I remember evolution, crystal therapy, the miracle power of prayer, your thoughts on an 'afterlife' - Theyre all pretty different. How different is "what are yo ulsitening to now" and "your top three music for today" "favourite peice of music this week" "least favourite song in the charts" - I like to think I occasionally bring some interesting conversations which OCCASIONALLY are about religeon, and much more often about science (admittedly, obviously). It seems any time I reference religeon you take this defensive and pseudo-offensive tone. Interesting for such an open minded person as yourself.

PS - nothing wrong with a strong vocabulary, it preserves the language, stimulates a conversation, makes it less repetative (you know, one of your requirements on someone not being a 'brick wall')

Dave, you're just a bully. I can't be bothered with this. I don't care if you don't agree with me, infact I don't care what you think because people actually come here to discuss things, not just to start fights. I've seen it on every one of your threads. Maybe it makes you feel good, I don't know. All I know is I'm over it. I thought you were a nice person, but obviously you've got one hell of a chip on your shoulder and this is your way of venting.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 6:28 PM Quote
I'd really like to know where you draw your conclusions from but its certainly not reason.
I thought that was a perfectly sensible and polite thread, all I did was say that I found your history with catholisism interesting and similar to my own experiences...
I'm obviously missing something and therefore flawed, but I have to say, you're reminding me of when we met in person. You can spend an entire day ripping the pish out of someone, then if someone says one thing you don't like you clam up and play the bully card. You've said a lot worse to/about me than I have to/about you - since thats more or less nothing.

kiwi
kiwi Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 6:36 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
I'd really like to know where you draw your conclusions from but its certainly not reason.
I thought that was a perfectly sensible and polite thread, all I did was say that I found your history with catholisism interesting and similar to my own experiences...
I'm obviously missing something and therefore flawed, but I have to say, you're reminding me of when we met in person. You can spend an entire day ripping the pish out of someone, then if someone says one thing you don't like you clam up and play the bully card. You've said a lot worse to/about me than I have to/about you - since thats more or less nothing.

You should really consider changing your name to St David. I'm currently talking to several people who have contacted me about you, and we're discussing your repetitive argument techqniques.. the personal approach is a new one. Any thing else? I could bring up some personal things from 4/5 years ago but yeah.. what's the point? It'd make me feel better.... that's about it.
I'm sure we're all eagerly looking to your next post...

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 8:00 PM Quote
kiwi wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:

You should really consider changing your name to St David. I'm currently talking to several people who have contacted me about you, and we're discussing your repetitive argument techqniques.. the personal approach is a new one. Any thing else? I could bring up some personal things from 4/5 years ago but yeah.. what's the point? It'd make me feel better.... that's about it.

The personal touch is merely a touch of your own medicine, its you who's turned what was obviously a slighted joke into something sinister.
I'll tell you one thing, I like when people come to me and tell me things they find flaws with my arguments. I'd like you to come up with a few examples of my repetative argument techniques, then it'll be less of you telling me I'm this, that and the next thing, and my arguments are such and a thing, and assuming all sorts, and more of a cotent logical argument.

I'll also say this, its the trademark of someone in a losing battle (not that this is actual battle for me, its a sidetracked interest) to tell the opposition that they are just 'arguing them down'. If I'm being forced to repeat what I've said (which I still don't see I have particularly) its surely because YOU the contender aren't coming up with anything to counter my argument. You would surely have to be repeating yourself. Theres many things to my personality but coming out with the same thing over and over like a stuck record without some prompt (or lack of a new one) is not a very frevolant one.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 8:04 PM Quote
Argument 1

Your arguments are repetative

Argument 2

Argument 3

Argument 4

Your arguments are repetative...

kiwi
kiwi Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 8:17 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
kiwi wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:

The personal touch is merely a touch of your own medicine, its you who's turned what was obviously a slighted joke into something sinister.
I'll tell you one thing, I like when people come to me and tell me things they find flaws with my arguments. I'd like you to come up with a few examples of my repetative argument techniques, then it'll be less of you telling me I'm this, that and the next thing, and my arguments are such and a thing, and assuming all sorts, and more of a cotent logical argument.

I'll also say this, its the trademark of someone in a losing battle (not that this is actual battle for me, its a sidetracked interest) to tell the opposition that they are just 'arguing them down'. If I'm being forced to repeat what I've said (which I still don't see I have particularly) its surely because YOU the contender aren't coming up with anything to counter my argument. You would surely have to be repeating yourself. Theres many things to my personality but coming out with the same thing over and over like a stuck record without some prompt (or lack of a new one) is not a very frevolant one.

Lol this is quite funny reading. You obviously have a much higher opinion of yourself than most people, if you feel the need to post self-congratulatory replies, repeating for about the 100th the same bollocks just to make up for the deficiency, and trying to convince people how great you are, how intelligent you are, how you do everything right. It smacks of poor self-esteem. The fact that every topic of this general kind you have ends in the same way (being you putting down people, failing to listen, or denying anything that you don't agree with) would suggest this is a helpful tool for you to make yourself feel better, it's fairly typical behaviour.
Oh and making things personal is a normal response for 'arguing someone down'? Who said anything about arguing anything down... ?? Making things personal is what people do when they have no more ideas and just want to hurt someones feelings, everyone knows that... it's what usually happens in the school yard...

kiwi
kiwi Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 8:20 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
Argument 1

Argument 2

Argument 3

Argument 4

Your arguments are repetative...

Lol, awesome. It's like being in Primary school again. Are you just putting on the crazy, or are you generally a bit gone in the brain? Or is it a joke?

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 10:18 PM Quote
Right in other words, you DONT have an argument to support what you're trying to say.

When have I put out any air of my loving myself or thinking others should? Or is that just the price someone pays for being right?

Its interesting you should say that (and this really isn't sarcasm)because just before you posted it I was literally just saying to someone "I think she has actually lost the plot this time". I'm not commenting on your bizarre debate anymore because your (lack of an) argument is completely circular. Say what you like. If you do however want to say something that a) makes sense b) is relevant or c) is a cotent argument to what I've said, I'll probably respond.

Aída
Aída Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 10:37 PM Quote

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 8:24 AM Quote

Brilliant hadn't heard this in ages !!

And lo the disciples did a run and a shriek "Oh Lord what a big fucking lizard"

Dubz

Aída
Aída Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 9:49 AM Quote

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 4:20 PM Quote
Agreed

:D

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 6:38 PM Quote

btw,

Your evoloution arguement also has it's down sides, Did you catch that Andrew Mar thing on BBC 2 last night, It was all about Darwin's Theory of Evolution and Origin of the Species by Means of Natural Selection.

One of the points he made was how during the First World War, Weapons were developed to kill, maim and basically inflict as much damage as possible without consideration of the humanity of death, this was because several people had gotten a hold of darwin's book and taken it a little to literally, These people seen themselves as the superior race and were basically wiping out the inferior races, who basically didn't matter so fuck them if they died or were maimed by things like mustard gas. They were inferior anyway.

He also mentioned that next weeks program will mention the lengths Hitler and others went to try to "breed" a new "Master Race".

Still reckon Evolution is not without it's faults ?? Surely the people who take the bible too literally are no better or worse than the people who take Darwin too literally ??

Dubz

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:12 PM