The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 10:08 PM Quote
Here is the Fitzgerald short story on which the film is based:

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~HYPER/Fitzgerald/jazz/benjamin/benjamin1.htm

Re: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 10:14 PM Quote
My sister bought a book of his short stories after she saw the movie. She loves them all, says they're all the kind you could read over and over again. But that Benjamin Button is a lot different, as you would expect with the movie being around three hours long! I haven't read it or seen it, but I keep meaning to read The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 10:22 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
My sister bought a book of his short stories after she saw the movie. She loves them all, says they're all the kind you could read over and over again. But that Benjamin Button is a lot different, as you would expect with the movie being around three hours long! I haven't read it or seen it, but I keep meaning to read The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Oh you should, it's a classic. Then go see the film lol.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 10:26 PM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:

Which, Benjamin Button or The Great Gatsby? I think I saw the Great Gatsby years ago. I don't think I'm gonna make it to Benjamin Button unfortunately, I'm just not in the mood these days to go see a movie that long. :( Is it sad? I don't want to see it if it's gonna make me depressed!

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 10:37 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
MusicGirl99 wrote:

Which, Benjamin Button or The Great Gatsby? I think I saw the Great Gatsby years ago. I don't think I'm gonna make it to Benjamin Button unfortunately, I'm just not in the mood these days to go see a movie that long. :( Is it sad? I don't want to see it if it's gonna make me depressed!

I was talking about Gatsby (it sounded as though you'd seen Benjamin Button).
Well it's quite sad but very well done. Did not care for the soundtrack tho (most people don't pay attention to it anyway but I always notice). The beginning is a bit slow but the rest is fine. I'm about to read the short story myself to see how much they've strayed from it.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:48 AM