Travis

So Long Conan
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 5:58 PM Quote
Conan's leaving Late Night and heading to the West Coast. His show isn't going to premiere until June but tonight's his last show. The White Stripes are going to be his last musical guest, which makes sense because they have a history (He was in the video for "The Denial Twist", They performed on his show for a week straight when "Get Behind Me Satan" came out). Anyways, Conan's the only late night talk show I like watching, and it's going to be weird now that he'll be in LA and not NYC. Especially since that means no more late night face-offs with Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.

Favorite Conan Moment:

Conan Goes to Finland

Re: So Long Conan
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 6:28 PM Quote
Long ago when I was living nocturnally, I watched Conan. My favorite episode was when he and Andy had a staring contest. A giant panda appeared and did a vulgar dance, and then there was a turkey with a sign around his neck that said, "Toothpaste 5ยข." And a guy comes up in pajamas and a bathrobe with his toothbrush out. He hands the turkey a nickel and then the toothpaste comes out of the top of the turkey's head.

It sounds ridiculous, but I was laughing so hard I had tears coming out of my eyes.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 6:37 PM Quote
A friend of mine is at the taping!!!!! SOOOO jealous. Conan is great. I love his little string puppet dance, and yes Kayte, Andy and the staring contests, and Lauren, him in Finland. I love when he has animals on.
I think my all time fav Conan moment, and I havent seen it in years so the details are fuzzy, but there were animals on and his Eisenhower mug scared some sorta lizard and his little lizard gill things shot out, and then some other animal (or the same lizard?) climbed up the curtains and they lost him. And Conan was freaking out.
Oh and any moment involving his hair. I want to touch it.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 6:37 PM Quote
What??!! :( I love Conan... I always watch it when I can't sleep, he's so funny and weird! I'm gonna buy a Conan box, if there is one?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 7:00 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
What??!! :( I love Conan... I always watch it when I can't sleep, he's so funny and weird! I'm gonna buy a Conan box, if there is one?

I seriously doubt that there is one. He's done 16 seasons/ over 2500 episodes. You can find random clips online probably.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 9:08 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

I seriously doubt that there is one. He's done 16 seasons/ over 2500 episodes. You can find random clips online probably.

That's a pitty! I feel genuinely sad that he wont be around no more, but I guess he wants to quit at his peak and he's probably fed up with the show after all these years.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 9:15 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

That's a pitty! I feel genuinely sad that he wont be around no more, but I guess he wants to quit at his peak and he's probably fed up with the show after all these years.

He will be around. He is moving to the Tonight Show.

mili
mili Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 9:28 PM Quote
[quote="ElspethOllie"
Favorite Conan Moment:

Conan Goes to Finland [/quote]

I can't watch that here, but I saw the show at the time. It was pretty embarrasing how our president was making such a fuss about him while around the same time she didn't have time for Dalai Lama (if I remember right, or someone like that). Finns in general love Conan.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 10:42 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Conan's leaving Late Night and heading to the West Coast. His show isn't going to premiere until June but tonight's his last show. The White Stripes are going to be his last musical guest, which makes sense because they have a history (He was in the video for "The Denial Twist", They performed on his show for a week straight when "Get Behind Me Satan" came out). Anyways, Conan's the only late night talk show I like watching, and it's going to be weird now that he'll be in LA and not NYC. Especially since that means no more late night face-offs with Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.

Favorite Conan Moment:

Conan Goes to Finland

I was about to start a thread about this so I'm glad you already did. Conan is one of my favorite shows so I'm going to miss it very much. I agree that his trip to Finland is one of the best moments.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 11:24 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

He will be around. He is moving to the Tonight Show.

Yeah, I never said he's done. He's just taking over Jay Leno's spot at Tonight Show and moving to LA.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 4:34 AM Quote
my aforementioned friend at the taping was in the front row. I hate him

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 4:44 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
my aforementioned friend at the taping was in the front row. I hate him

Awww man! I'm jealous. I always wanted to go see Late Night with Conan O'Brien. I guess I'll just have to try and see The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien... hmph. It's just not the same! I wonder if the Max Weinberg 7 is going with him since Jimmy Fallon made The Roots his house band.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 5:58 AM Quote
Oi Kristy I just got your message. I was going to ask you what he looked like because they showed a lot of shots of the audience.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 6:11 AM Quote
maybe they will show him again when they are handing out the set pieces. He is a bigger dude. Blondish. I think he is wearing a tan stripped sweater. Left side on the aisle.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 6:26 AM Quote
I think Meg White's pregnant... she was playing the guitar (???) so it was hiding her belly a little, but she looked with child.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:29 PM