Travis

Re: House (the TV show)
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 2:12 AM Quote
That sounds like the episode with the twat who treats people in africa and wants to die of TB(I think??)

Dubz

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 2:14 AM Quote
Yeah, that's the one. I just got done watching it on USA Network.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 2:16 AM Quote
Yeah that's it. He did indeed seem like a twat.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 1:55 PM Quote
Ah, big the biggest jerk of them all was that chess-playing kid. Classic. The mom was reeeeally hoping his attitude was caused by his illness. Turns out the kid was just a jerk.

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 3:32 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nell wrote:

Gosh have u seen last nights episode? What the heck's going on with Houses vision? Has he a brain tumor or just really bad contacts?

No, I do not think House has a brain tumor.

I think they showed House's POV as Lee's (the patient) was the whole episode to show that House is "locked-in" emotionally like Lee was physically. Or else House having a brain tumor would be House health crisis #15,324,954... seriously

argh...and I - stupid as I am - didn't get that...yes...

well the last episode was pretty tough...:(

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 09 Apr, 2009 10:36 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Ah, big the biggest jerk of them all was that chess-playing kid. Classic. The mom was reeeeally hoping his attitude was caused by his illness. Turns out the kid was just a jerk.

"Is your child hyperactive or is he just a twat?" Surging Out of Convalescence - Half Man Half Biscuit

Dubz

heyjude
heyjude Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 8:34 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
My husband thinks House needs another complete overhaul in staff because this last group just didn't gel with audiences the way the first group did. Either that or the show is gonna tank soon.

I'm in that group of audience! Was a fan when the show started, loved the Cameron/Chase/Foreman trio. I read somewhere that Cameron and Chase would get more airtime this season, but noooooo. Though I'm glad they kept Foreman, my interest is hanging by a fraying thread. I say bring back the trio! Just my deux cents...

P.S. Cool that Kumar got a new job ;-)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 9:56 AM Quote
heyjude wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
My husband thinks House needs another complete overhaul in staff because this last group just didn't gel with audiences the way the first group did. Either that or the show is gonna tank soon.

I'm in that group of audience! Was a fan when the show started, loved the Cameron/Chase/Foreman trio. I read somewhere that Cameron and Chase would get more airtime this season, but noooooo. Though I'm glad they kept Foreman, my interest is hanging by a fraying thread. I say bring back the trio! Just my deux cents...

P.S. Cool that Kumar got a new job ;-)

I completely agree, I have the first 3 seasons on DVD (€25 each from HMV) about halfway through the 3rd season it started becoming "stale". I think maybe they should have finished it at the end of the 3rd Season. Instead they try to milk the format for all it got, this leads them to come up with bland, or worse, farcical plots as they have used up all the good plots, I'm not saying every episode is bad but in your heart of hearts you know it's just kinda shite and the early stuff was far better. It shoud be remembered for that. For example I'm not a huge fan of Ricky Gervais but I do admire his decision to end The Office after just two series that way everyone who did enjoy it will remember it fondly, instead of remembering the limp dog it would have become which in the end had to be put down. This seems to be the problem with a lot of stuff (Lost, 24, Nip/Tuck, etc, etc)

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 3:36 PM Quote
Don't Jump the Shark!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 3:49 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Haha brilliant, why in the name of the wee man is he still wearing his leather jacket haha

I had to "Google" the phrase tho' and I would say that changing the supporting cast (Foreman, Chase & Cameron) at the end of the 3rd series was a desperate measure to avoid "Jumping the Shark", I personally don't think it worked...

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 6:44 PM Quote
Did you ever see any episodes of Happy Days? I don't know if it was exported or not.

Whether you've seen the show or not will depend on whether I give you the long explanation about the jacket, or the short explanation.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 6:53 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Did you ever see any episodes of Happy Days? I don't know if it was exported or not.

I pity anyone who's never seen Happy Days, I used to love it :) Haven't seen it in years though :(

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 7:11 PM Quote

Yeah I remember Happy Days, I prefer the Weezer video tho'., but Happy Days was what your grandparents would probably refer to as "good wholesome fun" TV.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 10 Apr, 2009 7:23 PM Quote
Okay then, it got to the point that Fonzie NEVER took off his leather jacket. Like that was the source of his coolness. (Which is silly, because in the first episodes of Happy Days, he wasn't even wearing a leather jacket. It was more like the jacket James Dean wore in Rebel Without a Cause.) Anyway, that's why Fonzie wore his jacket water skiing.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 7:35 PM Quote
**SPOILER ALERT**: WHA???

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:46 PM