Travis

A Question
haz
haz Posted Thu 12 Feb, 2009 9:32 PM Quote

it looks like the band are playing smaller venues than usual when they visit the 'States for the US leg of the tour. why are they playing these types of venues here, anyone know?

haz
xxx

Re: A Question
Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Thu 12 Feb, 2009 9:38 PM Quote
because they're expecting fewer people than the last time? that would make sense, but what do i know... ;)

On Second Thoughts
haz
haz Posted Thu 12 Feb, 2009 9:49 PM Quote
Orpheum Theatre: 2763
Bank of America Boston Pavillion: 5000
House of Blues (Boston): 2300

the house of blues is comparable to the orpheum size-wise, so that's a good thing. for some reason i felt that the house of blues was way smaller.

that gig a few years back in the pavillion was beyond depressing, way too big with too few bodies :/

well, good for them i suppose.

haz
xxx

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 12 Feb, 2009 10:12 PM Quote
I don't know, but I actually like it better that way. The Depot where they are playing in SLC holds 1,200 I think. I like the more intimate settings with the band.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 13 Feb, 2009 12:25 AM Quote
While I wish more people in the US were familiar with Travis I do like that they are playing smaller venues because I prefer the intimate setting.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 13 Feb, 2009 2:11 PM Quote
Yes I agree, you are lucky getting them in smaller venues. Always better!

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 13 Feb, 2009 6:24 PM Quote

Me too - went to see Oasis (got a ticket from a friend) in a a big stadion (for us - here is everything small) like 16 thousend people -

it was very enegetic -but very unpersonal - very anonymous...For me just fine - since I don't really care about Oasis - but if it was Travis I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much. Dancing was -because of the big crowd almost impossible - and without the screen I would have missed the coolest parts...But then again - I don't wanna watch them on the screen otherwise I can watch them at home on tv...

so, I really don't like the big venues - I'm perfectly happy with the small ones.

More concerts instead of bigger venues!

haz
haz Posted Fri 13 Feb, 2009 8:13 PM Quote
thanks for the responses. just to be clear, i wasn't having a go at the band's ability to fill a hall. i was just surprised at the boston gig locale. i'm over it now though, but yes it's true...just like my wife says to me all the time:

smaller is better.

haz
xxx

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:35 AM