Travis

Phantom of the Opera
Hanne
Hanne Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 7:51 PM Quote
I was at the theatre last night to see it, and it was absolutely amazing :)

Is there anyone else here who loves this musical?

Re: Phantom of the Opera
barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 8:25 PM Quote
oh you lucky girl . Phantom is my favourite musical I have seen it 7 times. It is so magical,scarey exciting and romantic all at the same time. I cried the first time I saw it . I just wanted the Phantom to get his love. It is a most beautiful love story. Did you like all the special effects?The chandelier the boat and all the trap doors. And the musical score is fabulous.I would love to see it again but it hasn't toured the uk for years and I can't afford to go to London. The dvd is quite good.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 8:26 PM Quote
Yeah, I loved it for years before I knew what it was cos my mom used to have an Andrew Lloyd Webber tape that she'd play in the car when I was small. I love the movie but I can imagine it's amazing live! Would love to see it!

Hanne
Hanne Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 8:32 PM Quote
I knew the movie and the music but this is the first time I've seen it live. It's on for another couple of months so I'm hoping to be able to go to Copenhagen again before then...

The special effects were brilliant and I reeeaaallly had to fight the tears at the end, didn't want a runny mascara lol. It was so touching. That poor, poor soul.
I also love the theatre directors. As they say, half the cast disappears but the crowd still cheers. And that seems to be their motto :P

Anyhow, the only thing I that made me chuckle a bit was the first time Christine and the Phantom came sailing in that boat. When they got out, the boat turned around and sailed back out on its own volition. Looked a bit odd, although I know they need to get it off stage again.

Oh, and can I just say that I would try to get tickets a bit further back the next time? I almost got a chandelier in my head!

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 9:19 PM Quote

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Sun 08 Feb, 2009 9:24 PM Quote
Whoops. If you go again try and get seats to the front of the dress circle in the middle, if you get them at the sides you miss half of Masquerade (Act 2 scene1) Aww I want to go see it again. I love it at the end when she winds the monkey up and they play those Chords and the Phantom is gone. It really is amazing. It's so full of passion ..Perfect for Valentines Day

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:35 PM