Travis

Where did the gong go?
travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 1:07 AM Quote
Hi all,

Personally,I love the gong voice in the BYWY and I think it fits the song quite well.I saw once that they used the gong in Portsmouth but didn't see any other where they used it. I wondered if you know any more live performances of BYWY with the gong thing in it.

Re: Where did the gong go?
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 1:11 AM Quote
I may be wrong but i think they've used it 6 times. Yes, i'm probably wrong. lol The original 5 gigs where they played the whole album 12 months ago and one last October but i can't remember the venue. :)

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 1:23 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I may be wrong but i think they've used it 6 times. Yes, i'm probably wrong. lol The original 5 gigs where they played the whole album 12 months ago and one last October but i can't remember the venue. :)

Dude,you might actually write a book on Travistatistics sometime..haha..

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 12:52 PM Quote
Ben

I've just found the video you were talking about. Apparently it was in Astoria and yes it's on October 8th. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xEfgHsX-4M&feature=PlayList&p=B4818ECEE9D3F036&playnext=1&index=22

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 1:45 PM Quote
My husband plays drums and he said that a gong is super hard to transport as it's surprisingly delicate for being so huge. It can crack very easily.

So my guess as to why it only made appearances on the rehearsal tour is it would very hard to transport all around the world. I guess renting one in every city would also be a pain since you couldn't be sure of the quality you'd be getting and all of that.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 3:03 PM Quote
I guess it's Gong To Self now..

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 3:08 PM Quote
Or Gong With the Wind

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 3:12 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Or Gong With the Wind

LOL!

Maybe it lives in Hong Gong?! :O

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 4:13 PM Quote
LOL xD!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 4:19 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Dude,you might actually write a book on Travistatistics sometime..haha..

Me?! lol I don't think so. I learn all i know from this place. :)

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 4:20 PM Quote
Yes it was there at the Astoria in London back in October. It was amazing seeing Neil giving it a thrashing :-)
I'm assuming it won't be travelling around Germany, France and Spain though. Shame really....

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:09 AM