Travis

Red Dwarf: Back To Earth
thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Tue 27 Jan, 2009 2:09 PM Quote
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturenews/4348317/Red-Dwarf-to-return-in-new-series.html

For eight series totalling 52 episodes Dave Lister wanted to return to his home planet. Now, 21 years since the first series was aired, he has - in Red Dwarf: Back to Earth.

Written and directed by Red Dwarf co-creator Doug Naylor, the new show reunites Chris Barrie as Rimmer, Craig Charles as Lister, Danny John-Jules as Cat and Robert Llewellyn as Kryten.

The series Red Dwarf: Back to Earth, will kick start a Red Dwarf Easter weekend from Good Friday on TV channel Dave.

This will be followed by Red Dwarf: Unplugged, a "no holds barred" episode with no sets, no effects - and no autocue.

The weekend will climax with Red Dwarf: the Making of Back to Earth, a behind-the-scenes special from the new production.

Dave will reveal news snippets from the production at
www.joindave.co.uk

Red Dwarf is Dave's biggest commission yet and its first foray into scripted comedy.

The offbeat series, set in space, has enjoyed phenomenal success since it first aired in 1988 on BBC2.

It brought in more than eight million viewers for series eight, sold 7.25 million DVD and videos worldwide, broadcast in some 25 territories worldwide and won International Emmy and British Comedy Awards.

Good to see that some new Red Dwarf is heading our way :-D

Re: Red Dwarf: Back To Earth
Moray
Moray Posted Fri 30 Jan, 2009 8:58 AM Quote
I nearly pee'd my pants when I read this the other day. I was, and am a massive red dwarf fan.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:37 AM