Travis

The Script,the wrestler,revolutionary road
SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Mon 26 Jan, 2009 11:55 PM Quote
hey what's up everyone? it's been a while. there are a couple things i want to get your opinion about.

one: the script: i just bought their cd cuz i heard "the man that..." and though it might be worth my $15

do you guys like them? the cd?...just wondering

also, what do you think of "the wrestler" and "revolutionary road"?

thanks in advance for the feedback

Re: The Script,the wrestler,revolutionary road
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 27 Jan, 2009 12:25 AM Quote
the wrestler is a great flick , a must see

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 27 Jan, 2009 12:33 AM Quote
Not a huge fan of the script, sorry, there are loads of other bands out there sound pretty much the same.

I really want to see the wrestler it's getting massive reviews here, according to most it'll get Mickey Rourke back into the light in much the same way Pulp Fiction did for Travolta,

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 27 Jan, 2009 2:39 AM Quote
the wrestler is not for those sqeemish about blood

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 27 Jan, 2009 3:58 AM Quote
I'm going to try and see Revolutionary Road on wednesday or thursday. I'll let you know what I think.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 27 Jan, 2009 11:39 AM Quote
Cant say i enjoyed the Wrestler. I just thought it was a mixture of the Champ and Rocky but with wrestling instead of boxing.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Tue 27 Jan, 2009 12:14 PM Quote
I also recently bought The Script's album. So far I'm quite enjoying it. I agree with Dubz that they're one of many in this genre. But as it's a sound that I go for, no complaints from me :)

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 27 Jan, 2009 2:46 PM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:

also, what do you think of "revolutionary road"?

so boring! the acting was good don't get me wrong but it was such a boring storyline.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 27 Jan, 2009 5:58 PM Quote
The Script are huge here, cos of course they're Irish, they kinda sprang out of nowhere though! I'm not overly interested in them but i do have to admit that they are much better than alot of what's popular nowadays, and that they do actually have "real" songs.

I can't wait to see Revolutionary Road, I love Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes is a great directer. Hopefully i'll see it at the weekend, although I also wanna see Australia and The Reader!

Nice to see you btw Sam :)

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 27 Jan, 2009 8:27 PM Quote
ok good, i'm glad i'm not the only one who likes the wrestler, i also like rev road, very different movies,topics, very well done. i'm rooting for rourke to win an oscar.

the script are growing on me, but i have to see them live before i can really say whether i'm a fan or not, i like that they are trying to be different, at the very least

thanks guys

steeler62
steeler62 Posted Wed 28 Jan, 2009 9:08 AM Quote
I loved the Wrestler, i cried at the ending. It was a amazing film and why the director isnt nominated pissed me off so much. It should be up for best picture because slumdog is good but the wrestler is better .

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 28 Jan, 2009 11:53 AM Quote
Not a fan of The Script. A friend of mine who spent the summer in Ireland came back to Spain telling me I should get the record. I didn't so she made a copy and gave it to me :) My favourite song is this one, anybody there.

DucatiMonster
DucatiMonster Posted Wed 28 Jan, 2009 12:01 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
Not a fan of The Script. A friend of mine who spent the summer in Ireland came back to Spain telling me I should get the record. I didn't so she made a copy and gave it to me :) My favourite song is this one, anybody there.

I love them, they sound like a cross between The Verve and Cast

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Thu 29 Jan, 2009 12:05 AM Quote
Monica wrote:

That must be bonus track cuz my cd doesn't have it,i hate when they do that....ugh

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 31 Jan, 2009 7:36 PM Quote
Yeah, I think it's a bonus track but I'm not sure ;)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:52 AM