Travis

Noise Pollution and IPODS
Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 2:51 PM Quote
Ok this is my rant, please forgive me if I bore ya! :-p

I travel by bus and train everyday to work and it really really bugs me they way people sit and listen to their IPODS or mp3 players at a ridiculous level. As a fellow passenger I do NOT want to hear heavy thrash metal first thing in the morning, nor do I want to listen to Steeky rave beats.....actually WHY can you not just turn the volume down a little bit regardless of what u are listening to?!? Have consideration to those around you? No, never heard of that?

Now I am not old (only 27) and I do own and use an IPOD also but what gets me is .... is no one else aware of how bloody rude it is? Not only IPOD users but ANNOYING people who decide to listen to their music off their mobile phones and make everyone else suffer?

I want to read my book/magazine, stare out the window or take a nap if I want! Not be put through this torture day in and day out!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I am sorely tempted to nudge the next person with loud music beside me and tell them to fcuk off with their stupid loud tunes!

*breathes*

Ok rant over! :-)

<does anyone else share my pain or is it just me?>

Re: Noise Pollution and IPODS
Joe
Joe Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 2:54 PM Quote
What really pisses me off is when people get on the bus. They could just let me have it to myself, but no. They just have to piss me off my causing the bus to stop, open its doors and give them a seat. The selfish bastards!

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 3:02 PM Quote
I have cool as fuck in ear isolation headphones. They fit into the ear canal a bit like in ear monitors.

As they are in-ear you can have the volume lower as you hear more plus not damage your ear drums with crappy tinny headphones plus have noise pollution letting everyone else listen to your music.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 3:12 PM Quote
Joe wrote:
What really pisses me off is when people get on the bus. They could just let me have it to myself, but no. They just have to piss me off my causing the bus to stop, open its doors and give them a seat. The selfish bastards!

Hmmmmm that annoys me too! lol esp if they want the seat next to me and my handbag n stuff sits there! grrr so inconsiderate! lol ;)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 3:37 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
I have cool as fuck in ear isolation headphones. They fit into the ear canal a bit like in ear monitors.

As they are in-ear you can have the volume lower as you hear more plus not damage your ear drums with crappy tinny headphones plus have noise pollution letting everyone else listen to your music.

Hmmmmm where do I get them?

audrey
audrey Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 3:39 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Darran wrote:

i have those as well. you just have to be aware of how loud you turn the music up because its well into your eardrum. when im walking around delivering mail all day, i listen to my ipod, but i can keep it low because those headphones sound so good.

:D

Afterglow
Afterglow Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 3:51 PM Quote
When I lived in a dorm, one of my roomates listened to ashlee simpson 24 hrs a day and I could hear every word of it through her headphones. It was torturous. I didn't make it through the year. I blame ashlee simpson for my horrible semester (that and the fact that I was living in a single room with two crazy people)

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 4:00 PM Quote
at the risk of sounding like everyones mother;)

Listening to music through your earphones on a level that causes others to "enjoy" your music too. leads to permantly demaged ears. Same goes for frequent concert and club visitors. If you experience a beep in your ear, you can be sure to have damaged your hearing. Most concerts are 120dB but you "need" only 80dB to damage your ears.

Darran
Darran Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 4:12 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:

Here is the best deal on them

Some sites sell them for double the price.

I love my Koss Portapros as well.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 4:19 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Peewee wrote:

Here is the best deal on them

Some sites sell them for double the price.

I love my Koss Portapros as well.

Excellant! Cheers for that, think I will have to invest coz the norm earphones hurt my ears. :( those ones are a bit like the sony ericsson headphones, cool.

harry potter
harry potter Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 4:24 PM Quote

because people suck, in particular that awful mob we know and "love" collectively known as "the General Public". so i should restate, because the General Public suck.

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 4:33 PM Quote
i think it is just as rude as driving around in your car with sounding like a drive inn disco.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 4:34 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
i think it is just as rude as driving around in your car with sounding like a drive inn disco.

*agrees*

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 4:47 PM Quote
Oh, I so agree with you - it's annoying as hell! And Murphy's Law always applies in such cases. I mean when there's someone blasting heavy metal/techno/euro-trash-disco through their headphones the bus is usually completely full so there's no way you can get away from that person. Grrr! When it happens I always think please, why couldn't she/he listen to, for example, Travis instead?? :)

Evelyn

Andrew
Andrew Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 4:48 PM Quote
I love the Sennheiser CX300's Darran mentioned.

Have gone through an absolute ton of different kinds and these have lasted longer than any other ones, far more comfortable and all importantly block out most noise leaving you alone with your own tunes ;)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:17 AM