Travis

Rockville CA
Travis Web Team
Travis Web Team Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 1:01 PM Quote
http://www.travisonline.com/myspace/rockville_teaser.jpg

Travis are one of the bands featured in the lineup for 'Rockville, CA', a music-themed web series created by Josh Schwartz airing later this year at http://www.thewb.com

In the series Travis will play a set at the fictional club in the show - Rockville, as part of the scripted drama.

Re: Rockville CA
Bruno
Bruno Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 2:13 PM Quote
Wow! Great news!

But it´s a shame that The WB can only be viewed in the United States.

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 4:59 PM Quote
inofficial info:

if it's the same system as on the Fox/ABC - networks: The server checks your IP to make sure your pc is currently in America:
Now this system is avoidable: There is a software on the net available which can hide or disquise your IP - so that the US server "thinks" you actually are in the US - at the moment.

So then you can watch all those series (House, Grey's Anatomy, whatever - and all those Webseries...) As long they just check your IP-adress...(what else would they do...)

Wanna try? I'd have to find the link again - but I can try?

cheers

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 5:50 PM Quote
I just watched the preview for the show, and I gotta say it looks pretty bad. It might appeal to me if I were younger, but quite frankly it looks cheesy as all hell. I will watch at least some of it though because they've got some good bands performing.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 6:33 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
I just watched the preview for the show, and I gotta say it looks pretty bad. It might appeal to me if I were younger, but quite frankly it looks cheesy as all hell. I will watch at least some of it though because they've got some good bands performing.

Yeah...that's some pretty bad acting there. Yikes! But I will watch for Travis. Did you see the Ode eyeball poster in the background of the preview? :)

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 7:26 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:

Yeah...that's some pretty bad acting there. Yikes! But I will watch for Travis. Did you see the Ode eyeball poster in the background of the preview? :)

I did not see it. Don't tell me I have to watch it again ;)

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 7:32 PM Quote

I guess you two are from the States then...:)

One of the programs I mentioned is "Hotspot shield" - the server is not able anymore to track you down - and opens up for you :)

and you can still serve anonymously through the world wide web....But it slows down the connection. Sure enought to watch the video - but remarkable slower than before....

I might install it though - wanna watch Travis :) -

Am I right Travis is just one of lots of groups who are playing as a gig in one of these episodes? ;) (Like in Charmed - or sometimes in OC?)

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 13 Jan, 2009 7:39 PM Quote
Yes, here is the list of bands on their website...

Kaiser Chiefs
Phantom Planet
Travis
The Duke Spirit
Eagles of Death Metal
Earlimart
Frightened Rabbit
The Kooks
The Little Ones
Lykke Li
Nico Stai
Passion Pit
White Lies
Anya Marina
Bishop Allen
The Broken West
Cass McCombs
Lights
Oppenheimer
The Republic Tigers

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Wed 14 Jan, 2009 10:06 AM Quote
what a...!!!

only for US?? so??? what we can do?? and... there's not on youtube :(

Nell
Nell Posted Wed 14 Jan, 2009 10:22 AM Quote
erikausagi wrote:
what a...!!!

only for US?? so??? what we can do?? and... there's not on youtube :(

of course there's nothing on youtube - it hasn't started yet.

I guess if it was possible to record it - you can hope for that - or you can hide your IP - otherwise: nothing...

Phantom Planet :) Funny...they seem to appear everywhere where Josh Schwartz appears :)....didn't they do the main theme on "The OC"? :) "California" or something was it called....

but great list

so Travis will be playing one song - as a band in the show - like everyother band .....well ok....so people in Europe won't miss tooooooooooooooo much (although ....well....)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 14 Jan, 2009 5:53 PM Quote
Josh Schwartz's shows always have great music. FACT.

Ohhhh, Eagles of Death Metal!. I like!

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 12:21 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Josh Schwartz's shows always have great music. FACT.

I'll agree with this. Heh.

I love Chuck, I will admit letting loose a "squee" or two upon hearing Frightened Rabbit (Twice!) and Ra Ra Riot during the show!

And the OC was a massive guilty pleasure of mine back in the first couple of seasons at least.

I may watch it just for giggles, I am happily a fan of many hugely cheesy things. ;D

rocknout89
rocknout89 Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 2:45 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Yes, here is the list of bands on their website...

Kaiser Chiefs
Phantom Planet
Travis
The Duke Spirit
Eagles of Death Metal
Earlimart
Frightened Rabbit
The Kooks
The Little Ones
Lykke Li
Nico Stai
Passion Pit
White Lies
Anya Marina
Bishop Allen
The Broken West
Cass McCombs
Lights
Oppenheimer
The Republic Tigers

OH MY GOD. AMAZING LINE UP.

ieatgrapes
ieatgrapes Posted Fri 23 Jan, 2009 8:21 PM Quote
I agree with Nell, I would try this: Hot Spot Shield (http://www.hotspotshield.com/)

It would be worth it just to check out Travis' live performances (they will play two songs), also get on the list to you know when their episode it coming up and if there are any giveaways or such.

jayg
jayg Posted Tue 27 Jan, 2009 7:16 PM Quote
Just to let you know each band will have 2 performances available (in addition to their clip in the episode) on www.rockvilleca.com the week they are featured. We'll also be sending news, info, video and photo exclusives to the people who subscribe to the Rockville mailing list.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:19 PM