Travis

Re: Life In Technicolor ii music video
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 1:06 PM Quote
life in technicolour ii, is that the one on the EP they released? Cos I don't have that, is it worth downloading (all of it)?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 1:15 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
life in technicolour ii, is that the one on the EP they released? Cos I don't have that, is it worth downloading (all of it)?

The EP makes the Viva La Vida picture better, it's got some really interesting tunes mixed with classic Coldplay. I love it!

Life In Technicolor ii (In my opinion one of Coldplays best)
Postcards From Far Away (Beautiful little piano piece a lá Parachutes)
Glass Of Water (Modern Coldplay mixed with Politik)
Rainy Day (Only tune I don't really like on the EP)
Prospekts March/Poppyfields (PARACHUTES magic!)
Lost+ (Skip it)
Lovers In Japan(Osaka Sun Mix) (I prefer this version)
Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground (Til Kingdom Come ii)

Download it!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 2:35 PM Quote

Definitely.

Lost and Lovers In Japan i skip (don't know why they're on there) and i don't like Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground but all the others, especially Life In Technicolor ii, Rainy Day (which i really, really love) and Glass Of Water are brilliant. :)

In fact, the first 5 tracks could have been the first 5 tracks of their next album i think. :)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 5:46 PM Quote
Aída wrote:
she's already seen them in september 2007. with me! :D

Yeah but, once again =0

rebekah
rebekah Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 6:49 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Definitely.

Lost and Lovers In Japan i skip (don't know why they're on there) and i don't like Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground but all the others, especially Life In Technicolor ii, Rainy Day (which i really, really love) and Glass Of Water are brilliant. :)

In fact, the first 5 tracks could have been the first 5 tracks of their next album i think. :)

Agreed :) And I looveeee Prospekt's march/Poppy Fields :D I think that and Glass Of Water are my favourites.

Monica
Monica Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 7:25 PM Quote
Rammsfer wrote:
Aída wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:
Monica wrote:
Of course not, darling!

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_nCfw50-9ZX4/SFhJ2wnkPVI/AAAAAAAAFdw/A8E3Tc2vV6o/Guy_Rupert_Berryman_Bajista.jpg

He is beautiful :$

Lol.

Damn, you'll see Coldplay =/

Yeah but, once again =0

Hahaha. Anyone talking about me? :p

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 7:36 PM Quote
The EP is excellent - but spoiled a bit by Lost + (just....why? Chris Martin, what mushrooms were you eating when you decided that was a good idea?) and Lovers in Japan which is a nice song, but just a remix and only subtly different from the one on the album. Very, very subtly.

Those two tracks kinda stop it from feeling like a 'proper' album and I dunno, cheapen it somehow.

Everything else is great. Life in Technicolor II might well be my favourite Coldplay song ever. And it takes a LOT to topple Everything's Not Lost or Yellow.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 8:12 PM Quote
Yeah Luke it's definitely worth it, Glass of Water and Prospekt's Fields (to summarise the title :P) are both mega. On my MP3 player, I've replaced the album version of Lovers in Japan for this one (I can't hear a difference but I prefer this one :P) and got rid of Lost+ (I think it works but it's not my cup of tea) to leave a 6 track EP.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 9:13 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:
Aída wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:
Monica wrote:
Of course not, darling!

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_nCfw50-9ZX4/SFhJ2wnkPVI/AAAAAAAAFdw/A8E3Tc2vV6o/Guy_Rupert_Berryman_Bajista.jpg

He is beautiful :$

Lol.

Damn, you'll see Coldplay =/

Yeah but, once again =0

Hahaha. Anyone talking about me? :p

Yes :P
xD

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 9:47 PM Quote
Lovers In Japan(Osaka mix) is a couple of bpm:s faster :P
Nerdy as I am I can't listen to the Viva La Vida version anymore, I think it's to SLOW! :S

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 10:01 PM Quote
Mmm... maybe. To be honest I can't hear a difference. lol For me, even though it's great, it shouldn't be on the EP. Lost is totally ruined on the EP. I seriously don't know why they put either on.

To be honest I don't know why they released the EP at all. I mean, 5/6 are DEFINITELY good enough to be part of album 5. And I'll go as far to say it would be half of what could be their best album. If they've made the right choices, album 5 is going to be AMAZING because if these aren't good enough, I'm excited. :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 10:12 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Mmm... maybe. To be honest I can't hear a difference. lol For me, even though it's great, it shouldn't be on the EP. Lost is totally ruined on the EP. I seriously don't know why they put either on.

To be honest I don't know why they released the EP at all. I mean, 5/6 are DEFINITELY good enough to be part of album 5. And I'll go as far to say it would be half of what could be their best album. If they've made the right choices, album 5 is going to be AMAZING because if these aren't good enough, I'm excited. :)

Yeah if they could have mixed the best of Viva La Vida and the best of Prospekts March in the first place, it could have been almost....PERFECT... I think that was their original plan though because they always wrote Prospekts March on their webpage during the recording process of Viva La Vida. Maybe they couldn't agree which songs to throw away, cause all of the tracks are very different, but GOOD, or maybe some songs weren't finished and they had a deadline so they had to release the tracks they actually had on their hands.
Coldpay seem to spend way too much time in the studio and complex tracks like Yes must have taken ages to recort as well...

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 10:29 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Oh dear, I sense a transfer of the album/single/b-side debate to Coldplay too :( :P I think they had always wanted to record these songs for the album but they could only get a certain number done. Instead of saving the songs they released them fresh quickly. A blank slate suits their sound at the moment, they can take it in any direction they like. Besides, they've never really released any amazing non-album tracks before and I think that every great band should do that sometime (Travis are giving it a go too).

rebekah
rebekah Posted Tue 20 Jan, 2009 9:16 PM Quote
The video is now up.
It is quite puppet-tastic :)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Wed 21 Jan, 2009 1:15 AM Quote
I love it!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:02 PM