Re: Introducing... (Wolfy's thread)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 30 Jan, 2009 1:34 PM Quote
HAMMER TIME !!!!!!!!!!

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 30 Jan, 2009 1:59 PM Quote
"über-creative"?

Über- is a German word! You can't speak German, can you??

yeah you already showed us "flower" - why is there jus one verse? :) Finish it :) and show us the other 19....

but yes....;) I figure you don't have much time for anything else, do you :) :D cool

Sweden is then a very cold, dark, triste place?:.... ;)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 01 Feb, 2009 3:38 PM Quote
Well here's another little pile of shit I've written:

Miracles

What if I could turn back time
What if I could make you mine
There are no excuses or innocence
From love you can not hide

I'm only talking to you now
Hoping you could hear me somehow
I don't know what to do
I'm only talking to you
I'm only waiting for miracles

What if I could walk against the tide
What if my feet wouldn't slide
There are no secrets in the truth
There is no perfect crime

I'm only talking to you now
Praying there's a God above
I don't know what to do
I'm only talking to you
I'm only waiting for miracles
Miracles...

And I'm about to finish "Flower" and I have a interesting song on it's way, it's called Sam & Sue or Sue & Sam, I'm not sure ;)
Sue is a good rhyme so I borrowed your name ;)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 01 Feb, 2009 5:14 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I guess this one is about love, hope and a wish for something more..
But when I write, the lyrics just come to me from nowhere.. I can write a song about a murderer that doesen't even exist! Totally weird! LOL!

Nell wrote:
Well that's naturally, isn't it? I mean how could you write about something you've never experienced in your life before - from any perspective. Or did I missunderstand you?

Well just to say that again: I like that kind of sadness within these lines that you wrote - or again : I just missinterpreted it - again...

Alex, those lyrics are great! They're very effortless and natural (that's a compliment :P) Quite nostalgic, sad but full of hope.

I know what you mean about writing things that you haven't experienced. I think of it like acting, it's interesting to imagine the feelings of someone completely different and write about them. I find it easier to write about something that's close to my heart at the time but sometimes I run out of emotions so it's like pretending instead :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 01 Feb, 2009 6:00 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I guess this one is about love, hope and a wish for something more..
But when I write, the lyrics just come to me from nowhere.. I can write a song about a murderer that doesen't even exist! Totally weird! LOL!

Nell wrote:
Well that's naturally, isn't it? I mean how could you write about something you've never experienced in your life before - from any perspective. Or did I missunderstand you?

Well just to say that again: I like that kind of sadness within these lines that you wrote - or again : I just missinterpreted it - again...

Alex, those lyrics are great! They're very effortless and natural (that's a compliment :P) Quite nostalgic, sad but full of hope.

I know what you mean about writing things that you haven't experienced. I think of it like acting, it's interesting to imagine the feelings of someone completely different and write about them. I find it easier to write about something that's close to my heart at the time but sometimes I run out of emotions so it's like pretending instead :)

Thanks man! I think you describe my lyrics better than I do, haha! But yeah I like them to come natural, when I look back at stuff that I've written in desperation to write a good song, I find them very strained and unnatural :P Just sitting by the piano and letting things come out as they want is really a great way to get in touch with your true feelings!

So you write some stuff? I would like to read them :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 01 Feb, 2009 7:54 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Thanks man! I think you describe my lyrics better than I do, haha! But yeah I like them to come natural, when I look back at stuff that I've written in desperation to write a good song, I find them very strained and unnatural :P Just sitting by the piano and letting things come out as they want is really a great way to get in touch with your true feelings!

So you write some stuff? I would like to read them :)

Yeah, when you most want to come up with something good it's normally the hardest time to write. The problem is that if I just let things come out I write the same rubbish every time, it's a hard balance between making the lyrics meaningful or making it too sterile and thought out.

When I read your lyrics today I sat and wrote something so I might post it once it's been tidied up a bit more.

Pages Previous 1...7 8 9 10 [11] All Times BST Current Time 12:05 PM