Travis

Re: Song To Self Video!
Intergalactic91
Intergalactic91 Posted Tue 06 Jan, 2009 10:01 PM Quote
WOW!! I can't believe I made it into the video for 13 seconds!! :)..me in the dark though I have bug eyes^^

Though It is a shame that not as many people made it as their should of been..the rapping happy mondays dude got loads while some people who made as much effort got nothing..I find it a little upsetting cause I know how much hard work making and editing the movies are!!
Anyway everybody should be proud of themselves!!

Bryn
Bryn Posted Tue 06 Jan, 2009 10:52 PM Quote
frandougeil wrote:

Me and my sis put in our entire efforts as well.Went through a lot of hurdles making it.But yeah its a competition and there are winners and losers.I'll get over this.(though it might take a while)

We did the video while sticking closely to the sad theme and mood of the song but guessed ours turned out too serious and not funny enough? to make the cut.

I don't know if it will make you feel any better, but I think yours was one of the best videos -it really fit the song, I thought.

Anyway, yeah, I agree with everyone. (Although I do think Spike McHeavy is kind of awesome... but that was too much awesomeness.) I really thought they would be able to find room for a couple of seconds of everyone's... I don't really get it... yeah it was a competition I guess, but wouldn't they want to show that they have lots of fans? That to me was the coolest part... everyone singing along, and I would have thought the more the better.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 12:40 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:
Very nice video!
l'm proud of all of you lol :P!

Remember, everyone's a winner :)

And l don't think that guy looks like Noel Gallagher xD

Are you guys talking about the dude with the sunglasses? I think he's trying to be Bono....maybe? I don't get it, really. lol.

Haha l don't get it either!

Bellringer
Bellringer Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 2:02 AM Quote
Was pretty decent.

Thought that guy was Bonoesque as opposed to Noelesque.

Best bit was when those two girls were walking backwards into the kitchen and the cover for Ode To J Smith was hanging off the fridge, thought that was really good...well done if you're here on the forum somewhere...

flosadone
flosadone Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 2:21 AM Quote
Bellringer wrote:
Was pretty decent.

Thought that guy was Bonoesque as opposed to Noelesque.

Best bit was when those two girls were walking backwards into the kitchen and the cover for Ode To J Smith was hanging off the fridge, thought that was really good...well done if you're here on the forum somewhere...

Many thanks!!! ;) I'm the one with the violet shirt!!
Kisses from Argentina!!
Flor!

Bellringer
Bellringer Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 2:51 AM Quote
COngratulations again...must've been pretty cool to see that you made the final cut.....you looked stunning! certainly got my attention!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 3:44 AM Quote
I have to admit that I thought Spike McHeavy was one of the douchiest guys I'd ever seen.

I still think that.

But doing a little research I've come to realize I was mistaken about one thing: he is totally not serious.

Spike McHeavy is a character!! If you look at his youtube channel you'll see other videos introducing this "rockstar."

Also on Facebook he has a music page.

I still think he got too much time in the video and I wish it was a bit more apparent that he was kidding but I am relieved it's a joke.

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 6:04 AM Quote
Bryn wrote:
frandougeil wrote:

Me and my sis put in our entire efforts as well.Went through a lot of hurdles making it.But yeah its a competition and there are winners and losers.I'll get over this.(though it might take a while)

We did the video while sticking closely to the sad theme and mood of the song but guessed ours turned out too serious and not funny enough? to make the cut.

I don't know if it will make you feel any better, but I think yours was one of the best videos -it really fit the song, I thought.

Anyway, yeah, I agree with everyone. (Although I do think Spike McHeavy is kind of awesome... but that was too much awesomeness.) I really thought they would be able to find room for a couple of seconds of everyone's... I don't really get it... yeah it was a competition I guess, but wouldn't they want to show that they have lots of fans? That to me was the coolest part... everyone singing along, and I would have thought the more the better.

Thanx Bryn for liking my vid even after not making it through and thanx to everyone who mentioned everyone being winners=)

Lol about Spike Mcheavy.I don't thk he looks like Noel nor Bono.haha.Screw Spike Mcheavy.He probably got featured the most coz he unleashed the most ridiculous alter ego.

I second what u say Bryn.The more the better.Maybe they had their reasons for not being able to squeeze in all.

But I feel better now.Hope the others who didn't made it feel better too as well!

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 7:59 AM Quote
I already see it and I think it's a good one video, but really is a shame that Kayte and Nikki's video and Alma's video and the girls in the railways, and more of them wasn't incluided at the final cut. Kayte and Nikki's was the best of them, but well... they know the reasons... and that Spike were 5 times?? wow... the video was OK, but that's all... 5 times its too much for one... they can use these time using for more videos...

anyways... congrats to all of them who were in the final cut... and well... the important was be in the competition ;) and thanks for sharing us all your lovely videos!!!

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 8:27 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I have to admit that I thought Spike McHeavy was one of the douchiest guys I'd ever seen.

I still think that.

But doing a little research I've come to realize I was mistaken about one thing: he is totally not serious.

Spike McHeavy is a character!! If you look at his youtube channel you'll see other videos introducing this "rockstar."

I still think he got too much time in the video and I wish it was a bit more apparent that he was kidding but I am relieved it's a joke.

Anne, I'm with you.

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 10:34 AM Quote
Chiito-chan wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

I still think that.

Anne, I'm with you.

Me too.

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 11:18 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I hate to sound like a sore loser, but I am extremely disappointed.

Some people appear in the video multiple times, and Spike McHeavy appears 5 times while others were passed over completely.

I know I can't say, "It's not fair," because it was a contest and I guess they were looking for something other than what Nikki and I did. But we did put a lot of effort into making a nice video--way more effort than some. I really was expecting we'd make the cut. Not to mention that we're loyal boardies.

But, I guess that's life and I'll stop being a crybaby about it. Congratulations to the winners.

Hey Kayte,

Just came across this thread today, I hadn't spotted the news link yesterday. I was looking forward to seeing who made the cut, however I must say I share your disappointment for your video not making it, for all the reasons listed above.

Just take solace in the fact that all us boardies really enjoyed the video you & Nikki made, and appreciate the hard work you both put into it. I still think you both did a really good job, worthy of inclusion in any video. Just a shame it wasn't one of the boardies making the decisions.

Did Anne make the cut? I can't watch it until I get home from work. I hope at least one of you guys did, I'd be gutted if Anne didn't make it either.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 12:26 PM Quote
anne is at the very beginging

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 4:15 PM Quote
Thanks, Moray.

It's a consolation that we seem to have won the "People's Choice Award."

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 07 Jan, 2009 4:18 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Thanks, Moray.

It's a consolation that we seem to have won the "People's Choice Award."

I want to make you guys each a trophy.
Or a participation ribbon. But of the non mocking, all love variety.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:49 AM