I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 2:37 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
The Worst Travis Gig = No Travis Gig.

Amen!

Re: Prediction Mexico City: Worst Travis Gig Ever
Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 6:40 PM Quote
Totally agree with Jesus, Alma and Erika

l think every real Travis fan would like to see them, at any venue, alone or with any other band or artist.

What it really matters is the moment, the fact that they're there, up in the stage, playing FOR YOU!

l don't care where l could be, or how expensive the tickets are. l'm making a big effort to be there, because l want to see Travis, near or far, but l want to see them.

Oh, and, should we talk in Spanish, maybe? xD

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 6:51 PM Quote
yes, thanks carlotta, i'm gonna listen some music of Peter Gabriel, i'll give him a chance XD.
That's it, can't wait to see Travis again! by now, i'm poor, i'm gonna buy my ticket on febraury

Versus
Versus Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 7:49 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
Versus wrote:

They should do it for themselves, coming from the country known for booing support acts offstage for no reason whatsoever. I know Travis is underrated, but they can do better. And we fans could do better aswell, there's a lot of travis fans in Mexico, I'll give you that, but I'm sure we could never be the majority in a venue that holds tenths of thousands where the band members are just little dots on the landscape and the sound is either swallowed by the people or flies towards the polluted yet beautiful spring skies of this peculiar-open air-BASEBALL STADIUM. Good gig experience? I don't think so.
Don't look good peeps, in comparison with the past gigs...

Ps. There ain't such thing as a too long Travis set, only for the wonderwallers who are everywhere. 'No mames we... no mamss.. tocaron tuenty (20) we.. no mams que hueva we...'
fair play to them

You can't make them do what you want to do, or what you'd like them to do. And I'm sure they won't do it anyway, so let them do just what they want to. If you're not happy because they're supporting Peter Gabriel, don't go to gig, forget about it, and just let it go. Don't have to be so rude and harsh to them, eh? The only thing you're achieving right now is that they get a wrong impression of their Mexican fans, at least of you. So, calm down! Alright, I get it, you don't like the fact that they are supporting Peter Gabriel's gig, well, it's just as easy as this: don't go! You'll be happy, according to you you won't miss anything. So, why are you so worried and angry?

Did you read all of it or stopped at the first sentence?
I'm on Travis' side (no pun intended).
Mexican fans did their share of giving a wrong impression last time around, but hey!

Anyway, you lot'll have fun.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 05 Jan, 2009 9:09 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:

Don't take it as an attack of all Mexicans. Until Jesusaremus' response in this thread I had not read a positive post about this concert, it was all a bunch of bitching and moaning. As it's been said numerous times, people should be grateful they are coming to a city near them, period.

And think same as you do :o). But not all were bitching and moaning, believe me :o). Anyhow, no hard feelings, right? ;o)

Rammsfer wrote:

I agree with you, but since some not-native-Spanish-speakears are interested on this thread, I think we'd be a bit rude if we speak in Spanish. Anyway, at some point I think we'll start doing it xD hehe. (I just did xD)

Versus wrote:

Mexican fans did their share of giving a wrong impression last time around, but hey!

Alright, I get it, now that I read my previous post once again I think that it was a bit rude, and I gave the wrong message. Sorry about that! :o)
All I wanted to say is that there's no point on getting mad about this, I assure there are more important things that getting angry because of this. So, to sum up, I just wanted to say (I think Spanish will work a lil' better here, sorry not-native-Spanish-speakears!): No te enojes, de qué sirve que vengas a acá de esa forma, lo único que logras es que todos se echen encima de ti y, yo pienso, eso no es muy agradable, no? De cualquier forma no vas a poder cambiar el hecho de que ellos van a venir como teloneros, lo único que podemos esperar es que regresen (pronto) para ofrecernos un concierto como el que tú esperabas para este año :o). Nunca intenté ofenderte ni mucho menos, sin embargo creo que no usé las palabras correctas para expresar mi opinión :o).

Btw, I did read everything, eh! But you can't change people, I tried it so many times and let me tell you that's impossible. The only person hurted will be you :o). This in regard to the wrong impression about Mexican fans last time they came here.

Versus
Versus Posted Tue 06 Jan, 2009 1:59 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:

Don't take it as an attack of all Mexicans. Until Jesusaremus' response in this thread I had not read a positive post about this concert, it was all a bunch of bitching and moaning. As it's been said numerous times, people should be grateful they are coming to a city near them, period.

And think same as you do :o). But not all were bitching and moaning, believe me :o). Anyhow, no hard feelings, right? ;o)

Rammsfer wrote:

I agree with you, but since some not-native-Spanish-speakears are interested on this thread, I think we'd be a bit rude if we speak in Spanish. Anyway, at some point I think we'll start doing it xD hehe. (I just did xD)

Versus wrote:

Alright, I get it, now that I read my previous post once again I think that it was a bit rude, and I gave the wrong message. Sorry about that! :o)
All I wanted to say is that there's no point on getting mad about this, I assure there are more important things that getting angry because of this. So, to sum up, I just wanted to say (I think Spanish will work a lil' better here, sorry not-native-Spanish-speakears!): No te enojes, de qué sirve que vengas a acá de esa forma, lo único que logras es que todos se echen encima de ti y, yo pienso, eso no es muy agradable, no? De cualquier forma no vas a poder cambiar el hecho de que ellos van a venir como teloneros, lo único que podemos esperar es que regresen (pronto) para ofrecernos un concierto como el que tú esperabas para este año :o). Nunca intenté ofenderte ni mucho menos, sin embargo creo que no usé las palabras correctas para expresar mi opinión :o).

Btw, I did read everything, eh! But you can't change people, I tried it so many times and let me tell you that's impossible. The only person hurted will be you :o). This in regard to the wrong impression about Mexican fans last time they came here.

erm.. my spanish is not very good, sorry

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 06 Jan, 2009 2:19 AM Quote
Versus wrote:

erm.. my spanish is not very good, sorry

Too bad. You just missed a good speech of mine :o).

Btw, I had already noticed that your Spanish is not very good when you wrote this way:
Versus wrote:
'No mames we... no mamss.. tocaron tuenty (20) we.. no mams que hueva we...'

You should keep practising, don't you think so?

Edit: k, I cut it out right now. Peace out maZn! :o)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Tue 06 Jan, 2009 3:29 AM Quote
Haha ok ok, let's talk in English then xD

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 2:08 AM