Travis

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (15TH ROUND OF VOTING UP)
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 7:49 PM Quote
LOL! I knew no one would agree with me. After all, I am the only one who voted for it :oP.

I love Tied To The 90s!!! It's one of the best songs off Good Feeling. I'd LOVE to hear it live.

It's too bad we can't be friends anynmore, Alex! I like you anyway :oP. But I completely dissagree with you on what you say about Good Feeling. More Than Us and I Love You Anyways are pretty songs but nothing else. Falling Down and most of the rocky ones are brilliant!

Edit: Oh, and J. Smith and Something Anything are brilliant too :oP

closergms1968
closergms1968 Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 9:06 PM Quote
Ooh, I've only just read the last few posts of this thread.
(I know...Where have i been!...well thats another story)
Anyways, Tied to the nineties is one of my wifes favourite Travis songs, and it was realy good when played live at bristol last febuary live. I have liked it more and more down the years.
Now...Eyes wide open is one of my favourite Travis songs, but there again i am a massive fan of The boy with no name (very under-rated..me thinks.
I think the songmanship is more crafted on TBWNN. Whereas J Smith is amazing and Somthing anything is great for compltely different reasons. I do love J Smith.
TBWNN and Ode are completely beasts are,n't they.
I cant stop raving about TBWNN.... Closer got the biggest response from the crowd after WDIAROM at my last Travis concert and along with Selfish Jean would be in my top Ten Travis songs. Do hope more than 2 TBWNN songs are played at future Travis concerts. :-)

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 9:19 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
LOL! I knew no one would agree with me. After all, I am the only one who voted for it :oP.

I love Tied To The 90s!!! It's one of the best songs off Good Feeling. I'd LOVE to hear it live.

hahahaha
yesterday I was looking the results and I was wondering myself what would be the destiny of "Tied to 90's" (so far, with zero points) and the answer appeared in my mind with just one word: Juli! XD

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 9:28 PM Quote

It's too bad we can't be friends anynmore, Alex! I like you anyway :oP. But I completely dissagree with you on what you say about Good Feeling. More Than Us and I Love You Anyways are pretty songs but nothing else. Falling Down and most of the rocky ones are brilliant!

Hehe I was only kidding Juli, you're a great friend ;)
It's so funny that we all have completely different tastes in songs, but we all love the same band :)

And hello there closergms1968, welcome to the Travis League :D

closergms1968
closergms1968 Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 9:36 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Hehe I was only kidding Juli, you're a great friend ;)
It's so funny that we all have completely different tastes in songs, but we all love the same band :)

And hello there closergms1968, welcome to the Travis League :D

Thanks.
I can see i have a lot to catch up on.
I used to be GMS1968 a few months ago.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 10:08 PM Quote
I think the slower ones on Good Feeling are even less good. Never liked Falling Down much or I Love You Anyways. More Than Us is ok. As i've grown to like 12 Memories a lot more over the years, i've grown less fond of Good Feeling. Good Day To Die, U16 Girls, All I Want To Do Is Rock, The Line Is Fine, Happy, Funny Thing are good songs though. :)

LOL, closergms1968 why'd you change your name? :) I'd agree with you on some points you say. You're right, Closer does indeed get a good reaction live. It was their last and only big hit for 5 years though. :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 11:14 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I think the slower ones on Good Feeling are even less good. Never liked Falling Down much or I Love You Anyways. More Than Us is ok. As i've grown to like 12 Memories a lot more over the years, i've grown less fond of Good Feeling. Good Day To Die, U16 Girls, All I Want To Do Is Rock, The Line Is Fine, Happy, Funny Thing are good songs though. :)

Ooooooh Ben, you're sooooooooo wrong! I Love You Anyways is beautiful, More Than Us is Falling Down is the rawest thing they've ever done and Funny Thing is... well, OK until the slow rocky ending which is brilliant :D I far prefer the second half of Good Feeling and I prefer I Love You Anyways to any other Travis slow song ever (with the possible exception of Sarah). Compared to GF, Ode is as raw as a charred steak... :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 11:30 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Ooooooh Ben, you're sooooooooo wrong! I Love You Anyways is beautiful, More Than Us is Falling Down is the rawest thing they've ever done and Funny Thing is... well, OK until the slow rocky ending which is brilliant :D I far prefer the second half of Good Feeling and I prefer I Love You Anyways to any other Travis slow song ever (with the possible exception of Sarah). Compared to GF, Ode is as raw as a charred steak... :)

Oh, i thought i was right. ;) I Love You Anyways is just annoying. Would you say Closer was a slow song? I would say it was. Would you put I Love You Anyways above Closer? Yes or no? One answer is the correct one, the other would really scare me. :P

Bit late to be talking of food James but if you want to, Good Feeling is a mouldy green crisp compared to a gorgeous Christmas dinner that is Ode To J Smith. Yum yum.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 3:05 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
I prefer I Love You Anyways to any other Travis slow song ever (with the possible exception of Sarah)

mmmmm
are you really sure about this?
Don't you wanna reconsider it?
haha XD

BenFilbert wrote:
Would you put I Love You Anyways above Closer? Yes or no? One answer is the correct one, the other would really scare me. :P

aha! exactly!
(Ben, your 2 options are describe perfectly! lol)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 10:42 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Oh, i thought i was right. ;) I Love You Anyways is just annoying. Would you say Closer was a slow song? I would say it was. Would you put I Love You Anyways above Closer? Yes or no? One answer is the correct one, the other would really scare me. :P

Bit late to be talking of food James but if you want to, Good Feeling is a mouldy green crisp compared to a gorgeous Christmas dinner that is Ode To J Smith. Yum yum.

Not sure whether Closer counts as slow, it's sort of in between. Do I prefer I Love You Anyways? Yes. I've never had an emotional connection with Closer. I prefer it to the majority of Travis songs, maybe not to Luv or Sarah and definitely not to As You Are.

My food analogy (and it's now time for breakfast/brunch/elevenses :D) was only about rawness. I'd say that Good Feeling was a spicy kebab with a palette-cleansing cucumber relish. Ode is a big, expensive steak; bloody good but not perfect - maybe needing a stilton sauce to mix things up a bit :)

I can't believe that I've just spent 10 minutes deciding which food represent Travis albums best :S Especially in the Travisleague thread, sorry Alex!

EDIT: 2000 posts!

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 11:40 AM Quote
LOL you could make an entire thread comparing Travis songs to different types of food.
For example, AIWDIR is a real vindaloo curry!!!!
EDIT I mean this in a good sense, ie it's hot and spicy and makes you want to shout out loud NOT the fact that it gives you the runs for days afterwards!!!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 11:52 AM Quote
Haha Guys, you're making me hungry! Definetely time for some lunch! =)

I'm very excited about the amount of voters in this round and still plenty of time left to vote :D

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 1:15 PM Quote
Oh someone else has voted for Tied To The 90's!
Personally I cant understand how anyone could put it above WDIAROM, even if that's not my favourite song either.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 2:13 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Oh someone else has voted for Tied To The 90's!
Personally I cant understand how anyone could put it above WDIAROM, even if that's not my favourite song either.

Yay!! I want to know who this other person is!!! *high five whoever you are*
To be honest Alex, it's just a mood thing. If you had asked me some other day I might have answered differently :oP. And I'm glad we're still friends, lol!

I loved the food comparison! Made me laugh :o)

We're tired of the 90ssssss
We're tired of the 90sssss
But weeee're tied to the 90ssssss
Tied to the 90ssssssssssssss

:o)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 4:25 PM Quote
I'm feeling hungry all of a sudden. Don't know why. lol

Fair enough James. I've never liked I Love You Anyways myself but we all have our songs we love and some we don't. Like i love Closer. I think it's beautiful. Maybe the best Travis song since The Invisible Band. It's up there with 3 or 4 others. Well done on the 2000 posts too. Pity 1847 of them were ****! :P Only joking!

Well i don't know about you lot but The Man Who is definitely a big rich in taste chocolate cake, with 4 chocolate fingers sticking out the top.

I'd love to know the other Tied To The 90s voter too. Come on, don't be shy! lol And i can't believe Get Up got 8 votes. Unbelievable. Though it is up against Out In Space...

Pages Previous 1...35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:08 AM