Travis

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (15TH ROUND OF VOTING UP)
Nell
Nell Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 10:37 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Damn! The page doesn't seem to be working :-(

maybe the error allows us to vote again..?...hehe...

no no...no cheating...damn..I gotta get some new computers..or that ip-program :p

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 3:24 AM Quote
wow!
results and games (this took time!)

I just realized that D1 and D2 are quite difficult to me because I can't predict what could happen in next rounds :s

In the case of D2 I'm absolutely agree with the top 10 but in D1 the things are frustrating because so many songs in the bottom 10 could be higher in the table... "Eyes wide open" is the perfect example, how is possible its possition (#17)? only got a triumph with "The cage" and a draw with "Walking in the sun", lost with "Slide show", "3 times...", "Humpty dumpty..." and "Battleships", the hard thing here is that (for me) it's impossible to say if will have more lucky with "J Smith", "Pipe Dreams" or "As you are"! Definitely "Eyes wide open" deserves more...

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 3:33 AM Quote
Nell wrote:

seriously: Love will come through vs. selfish jean?, and my eyes vs. writing to reach you?

hahaha
I think is terrible too, but there's nothing we can do.. only choose one side (and this is not subliminal advertising! :D) and live with the heart broken *sighs*

I know I can't talk about results so far, but ... what will happen with "Tied to 90's"? poor :(

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 9:21 AM Quote
All done! Now normally I find the voting quite straightforward but there were some very tough matches this time. Some are definately influenced by the recent gigs - it shows!!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 11:33 AM Quote
sakuras wrote:
WOW!! Sorry I've just discovered your game :(
Fantastic idea, but it's sometime really hard to choose between songs!!
Anyway I voted!! Thanks! ^_^

Thanks and welcome to the league!
Hope you'll enjoy it! =)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 11:48 AM Quote
Sarah vs 20 - the Big B-side Battle! I didn't know Eyes Wide Open was doing so badly, will vote for it next time :)

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 11:51 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Sarah vs 20 - the Big B-side Battle! I didn't know Eyes Wide Open was doing so badly, will vote for it next time :)

I found it really hard to decide between 20 and Sarah (almost didn't vote!) I'm not particularly fond of Eyes Wide Open and I suppose I'm not the only one, hence its position! ..... and please, no sympathy votes for it (that's not fair)

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 12:17 PM Quote

no sympathy votes? :) not possible - considering that you mostly like both songs and nevertheless gotta choose one of them..

But I love Eyes wide open - and - as before - I'm surely gonna vote for it again...;)

SO GO ON ;) haha

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 1:45 PM Quote
It seems that most of us do love Eyes Wide Open. Should be higher. It's one of Travis' best rockers, definitely. To be honest, when Ode was said to be rougher and rockier, I was thinking of Eyes Wide Open type songs... It's better than J Smith, Something Anything, Long Way Down and Get Up if you'd call that a rocker (I wouldn't). Fran didn't like it until they played it live. Us Eyes Wide Open fans should thank Dougie, Andy and Neil that we get to have it. :) lol Well, and Fran because he did write it!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 5:34 PM Quote
Ok, I'm off to vote!

BenFilbert wrote:
It seems that most of us do love Eyes Wide Open. Should be higher. It's one of Travis' best rockers, definitely. To be honest, when Ode was said to be rougher and rockier, I was thinking of Eyes Wide Open type songs... It's better than J Smith, Something Anything, Long Way Down and Get Up if you'd call that a rocker (I wouldn't). Fran didn't like it until they played it live. Us Eyes Wide Open fans should thank Dougie, Andy and Neil that we get to have it. :) lol Well, and Fran because he did write it!

I love Eyes Wide Open, but I think J. Smith and Something Anything are better.

Done! If you're wondering who's the single person who voted for Tied To The '90s... stop wondering :oP

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 5:41 PM Quote
Haha juli - I DID wonder who it was. Not a mystery any longer, LOL!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 5:53 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Ok, I'm off to vote!

BenFilbert wrote:

Done! If you're wondering who's the single person who voted for Tied To The '90s... stop wondering :oP

Juli we can't be friends no more, lol! Tied To The 90's is one of my absolute least favourite Travis songs, I'm afraid.
I don't know why, but I just find it repetive and boring...
And Eyes Wide Open is way better than both J.Smith and Something Anything ;)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 6:20 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Agreed.

Lol, I never liked TTT90s until I heard it live in Bristol last February and it was great, so much bouncy energy and Neil seemed to love it :D Maybe I'll vote for it next round along with Eyes Wide Open.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 6:37 PM Quote
I agree with Alex. Not really too mad on Tied To The 90s but it's ok. Good Feeling by far my least favourite Travis album anyway. And Eyes Wide Open is for me, a huge amount better than J Smith and Something Anything etc. They're ok songs but Eyes Wide Open is brilliant! :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 7:37 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I agree with Alex. Not really too mad on Tied To The 90s but it's ok. Good Feeling by far my least favourite Travis album anyway. And Eyes Wide Open is for me, a huge amount better than J Smith and Something Anything etc. They're ok songs but Eyes Wide Open is brilliant! :)

Actually I love the "ballads" on Good Feeling, but I'm not really nuts about the (rockier) singles. More Than Us, Falling Down and I Love You Anyways do half the record for me, lol!

Pages Previous 1...34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:59 AM