Travis

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (14TH ROUND OF VOTING UP)
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 11:29 AM Quote
Half an hour left to vote, get your thumbs out of your asses! :D

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 11:44 AM Quote
Oh Alex, it's your finger not your thumb :-P

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 11:52 AM Quote
Hahaha I always vote with my lucky-thumb ^^

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 12:02 PM Quote
My server is having some problems, but the voting will close any minute now :P

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 12:06 PM Quote
*spits and curses*

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 12:46 PM Quote
Things are totally screwed up today, but I've managed to close all of the polls manually, so no more votes will be counted in this round!!

I'll see if I can fix the page later! I really hope things will speed up so that I can upload the results and update the league tables tonight =) Sorry for the error!

Cheers!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 1:09 PM Quote
Don't worry about it Alex. Take your time. You know, if you're busy or having problems, you could always skip a round and just continue it on the next one. You work so hard on it.

About what you said before, i understand what you mean and i suppose it's sort of the way i feel about J Smith. I don't feel that way about any other Travis song though. "It isn't like Travis" because Travis have so many different styles and sounds i don't think anything doesn't sound like Travis now. A Travis song is just a Travis song, even though it might not be like any other. I suppose if anything it's the soft rock pop thing with Writing To Reach You and Driftwood and Sing and Coming Around and Last Words etc etc etc. I understand you could say that about both Some Sad Song and Definition Of Wrong but i think they both sound cool because they sound unlike any other Travis songs (like you say), though they've used piano more recently so Some Sad Song isn't so lonely now. Hopefully it'll cheer up a bit. :) I love Definition Of Wrong, always have. I remember going back 5 years or so (more i suppose), seeing the track listing for the new Travis album (12 Memories) and one of those tracks was Definition Of Wrong. I don't know if it was a mistake or like Under The Moonlight they changed their mind.

Yes, the giant Andy bit is quite cool but i don't like the rest of it. And the Song To Self video is totally forgettable unfortunately.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 2:43 PM Quote
Alex, don't worry, we can wait :o)

I agree with you Ben about the Something Anything and Song To Self videos.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 3:06 PM Quote
Haha it's okey, sorry for whining about it ;) I started it so I will go down with this ship :D Ps. I think it's as fun too.

I know what you meen Ben, Travis have tried so many different styles, so it's very hard to put them in just one category. I guess they have like 5 main-categories and the songs that fall out of those frames are the songs we find it most difficult to accept. Am I confusing you guys again?

Look at the singles from 12 Memories for example, we have:

* One waltz
* One political rocker
* One indie pop/rock-song with a distinctive message.

Now I have to get something done ;)

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 5:41 PM Quote
Hey guys! Hope you're all doing fine!

Well due to some shitty technical problems, with both the website and the poll-provider, that's unfortunately been going on all day, the results and tables are delayed until tomorrow afternoon. The next round is also delayed until tomorrow evening. These delayments wont affect the rest of the schedule, so there's no need for concern!

I'm really sorry for this inconvenience!

Cheers!

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 5:45 PM Quote
hey alex, don't worry about it. We're just grateful that you take the time to organise the league. Let's hope you manage to get it all sorted without being up all night.

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 7:40 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Alex, don't worry, we can wait :o)

I agree with you Ben about the Something Anything and Song To Self videos.

Yeah, totally agree with you guys, Ode's videos are a bit less inspired than the older ones (even though i liked Something Anything pretty much), but that maybe means that Travis care about the audio and not the video... I dont know, i wish their next single will have a great video and a big promotion so people will (re-)discover Travis.

Dont worry Alex, its natural to have some problems, we can wait (cant we???)
I kinda messed it up in my head, the next round is gonna be round 14 or round 15???

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 7:50 PM Quote
Next round will be the 15th round :)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 8:55 PM Quote
Don't worry Alex!

Sometimes lnternet problems can be disgusting!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 11:08 AM Quote
Finally things are moving fast again, results and tables are UP!

Enjoy and don't forget to participate in the next round that starts at 7 PM today =)

Cheers!

Pages Previous 1...32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:11 PM