Travis

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (14TH ROUND OF VOTING UP)
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 15 Feb, 2009 2:55 PM Quote
Sorry for being a bit sloppy today, I hope you'll enjoy this round anyway =) I'll be back at 100 % next week, promise! :)

Now about my thoughts...
Errhm I'm a bit strange when it comes to music. I can love a song one week and not wanna hear it the next ;)
The only song that gets my full support in every game is....Turn, my all-time favourite Travis song :)
And Selfish Jean should have won, I loved Flowers when it came out, but we have moved in different directions over the years..I've never been a huge WDIAROM supporter either, so Song To Self could at least got a draw there.
Otherwise I'm pretty pleased with the results of the last round.. Well I've re-fallen in love with Beautiful Occupation, I think it deserves some support!

Ben don't hit me, but when Defenition plays, the opponent gets my vote, most of the time :P

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 15 Feb, 2009 4:19 PM Quote
You like The Beautiful Occupation but dislike Definition Of Wrong... my god, i do feel sorry for you Alex. It'll be ok my friend. Just relax. It's nothing a bit of listening and time will fix, you'll be ok! :P

Oh and you've spelt Definition wrong every single time. :P Sorry, i had to point it out, you've annoyed me! lol

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 15 Feb, 2009 4:56 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
You like The Beautiful Occupation but dislike Definition Of Wrong... my god, i do feel sorry for you Alex. It'll be ok my friend. Just relax. It's nothing a bit of listening and time will fix, you'll be ok! :P

Oh and you've spelt Definition wrong every single time. :P Sorry, i had to point it out, you've annoyed me! lol

Oh thanks for pointing it out man, I have to improve my spelling! =)

Well I have some sort of hate-love for Beautiful Occupation! Sometimes I think it's nice and sometimes I think it's horrible, depends on my mood :P

I'll go and listen to Definition Of Wrong straight a way and se if I can hear it's greatness :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 15 Feb, 2009 5:07 PM Quote
Verdict: It's OK :)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sun 15 Feb, 2009 6:23 PM Quote
Done! :D

And don't worry Alex, we all know you're a busy man ;)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 3:41 AM Quote
I've been bussy and I can't remember if I voted on the last round or not, lol!
I voted on this one :oP

New Amsterdam vs Some Sad Song = two of my least favourite Travis songs paired against eachother.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 6:27 AM Quote
Voted!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

New Amsterdam vs Some Sad Song = two of my least favourite Travis songs paired against eachother.

Same here! It was really hard to choose just one because neither of them are on my favorites list xD.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 12:01 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
Voted!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Same here! It was really hard to choose just one because neither of them are on my favorites list xD.

I conquer, two of my least favourites! I hope Some Sad Song will nail it in the end :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 2:06 PM Quote
Definition Of Wrong is genius, right we have that sorted. :P

Now we move on to Some Sad Song. Noooo! How can you 3 be so cruel. It's already feeling sad, don't be so mean. :'( *rubs eyes* I like it.

;) :P

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 5:29 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Definition Of Wrong is genius, right we have that sorted. :P

Now we move on to Some Sad Song. Noooo! How can you 3 be so cruel. It's already feeling sad, don't be so mean. :'( *rubs eyes* I like it.

;) :P

Ben go and listen to it on your room and please shut the door, will ya? ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 5:54 PM Quote
You know what, i think i will! :P

Edit: I'm listening to it now. It's wonderful. Fran, more songs like Some Sad Song please. Love the piano. :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 6:16 PM Quote
Lol!
This reminds me, the other day I showed the new b-sides (UTB, TOTT, TBOJS) to my friend Emi who is also a Travis fan. We were with another friend and non of them liked Used To Belong. I'm not alone, Ben! :oP

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 6:21 PM Quote
Actually I like Some Sad Song. It's not the best Travis song ever, but it's kinda sweet.

I've never ever liked New Amsterdam though.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 6:22 PM Quote
No, but you're still weird Juli. :P ;)

I'm open when i dislike something. I think some people on here sometimes big up the band with everything they've ever done for some reason and i don't think it's realistic and honest. I dislike the Selfish Jean video and i'm not keen on the Something Anything video because i don't think it represents how they play the song live well at all. They're so much more energetic when they play it live. I dislike the G song. BUT how can anyone dislike Some Sad Song?!?! Are you all mad?! :P lol

I agree with New Amsterdam. As with the other songs at the end of The Boy... should have been a b-side.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 6:32 PM Quote
When I said "least favourites" I kinda meant the bottom half of all the Travis songs.. There's nice songs there too, but they don't have that little extra, that makes me go: "Waaaaaaah"... Haha I'm confusing.
New Amsterdam on the other hand is among my bottom-10

Some Sad Song has great melody and lyrics, but it's just not THAT Travis to me, I don't know how to explain it, but I like the song...

Definition Of Wrong is a bit like Hazy Shades Of Gold to me, it definetely ROCKS, but it lacks in melody or something...Don't get me started, Ben will strangle me :O

I don't like the Selfish Jean video either, but I like the huge-Andy part of the Something Anything video though.

Pages Previous 1...31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:02 PM