Travis

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (FIFTH ROUND OF VOTING UP)
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 6:41 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I can't believe people were cheating. Would be nice if something could be done to 100% prevent it from happening, or near enough 100%. Make it difficult at least. ONE VOTE PER ROUND PEOPLE! :)

No, please join in Alex. No reason why you can't. :) I love Definition Of Wrong. :) Oh and i'd be surprised if Get Up doesn't get relegated. Under The Moonlight i would expect to finish above it. It's beating it 15-10 at the moment.

I really wish I could do more to prevent people from cheating, cause evidently it would be necessary.

Unfortunately I can't do much about it at the moment. I tried to block the polls by Ip-number, but that screwed things up and prevented some people from voting at all :P
I can only block the polls by cookie right now, so it's possible to cheat if you put in some effort... It's still hard to beat the system though ;)

I can only hope that people don't break the only rule of this game, I do think that most people play fair though.

If there's only a few cheaters, it won't make that much difference, but in some games that extra vote can really decide the game and that's not fair to the rest of the voters :P

Well this game is about having fun, but part of the fun is to make the results as accurate as possible, at least that's my opinion... Enough about this subject for now, I feel like your parents, LOL! I'll look in to the possibility of maybe changing poll provider in the future even though I think the one I'm on is really good!

So am I the only one who loves Perfect Heaven Space?

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 6:45 PM Quote
Trust us Alex - we'll be good!

And........ yes you are the only one who likes that song (or so it seems)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 6:50 PM Quote
deebee wrote:

And........ yes you are the only one who likes that song (or so it seems)

At least it beat Midsummer Nights Dreamin' in the first round.....erhm

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 6:54 PM Quote
Wait a second, wait a second! I never said I was cheating!!! It was a JOKE! xD. Alright, I voted twice just on the first or second round (don't remember), but after that I voted only once. I thought we could vote more than once (which I didn't do anyway), but now I am glad that Alex clarified that everyone can or should vote just one time :o).

And I wish Out in Space had more votes, it is a beautiful and great song, one of my favs of TBWNN :o(.

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 6:59 PM Quote
Hey Alma, no worries!!! We're just joking around. I started it by saying I was tempted to cheat and it went from there!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 7:05 PM Quote
lol Don't worry. As long as you don't do it again. ;) :)

I understand Alex. I agree that the results being fair is more fun. And it's really good and easy like it is now but there's that little problem of repeated voting which I don't think is a big deal really. Like you say only when it's really close, though it is strange when some games finish with 4 votes more than another. Maybe some don't vote in all games, which is ok. I do though. :)

Perfect Heaven Space is ok. Nice piano. I'm not so keen on the end of TBWNN though. Out In Space, Under The Moonlight, New Amsterdam, Perfect Heaven Space should be b-sides. But I LOVE TBWNN's first 8 songs plus the 6 b sides. :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 7:06 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
Wait a second, wait a second! I never said I was cheating!!! It was a JOKE! xD. Alright, I voted twice just on the first or second round (don't remember), but after that I voted only once. I thought we could vote more than once (which I didn't do anyway), but now I am glad that Alex clarified that everyone can or should vote just one time :o).

And I wish Out in Space had more votes, it is a beautiful and great song, one of my favs of TBWNN :o(.

Hey no hard feelings, I'm just taking this way to serious ;) I know you're not cheaters!

At least we can hope that Out In Space can avoid relegation. It's not one of my favourites, but it's good enough to stay around. Well I think it will finish somewhere in the middle of the table, there's a lot of games to be played..
So while we're at it, which songs could you live without in the league system? ;) Which should be the two songs relegated from Div. 3?

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 7:07 PM Quote
Phew, I thought you were actually thinking that was cheating xD. Now that everything's clear I'm off to keep voting! :oD hahaha Just joking, eh!!! :oP

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 7:14 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
lol Don't worry. As long as you don't do it again. ;) :)

I understand Alex. I agree that the results being fair is more fun. And it's really good and easy like it is now but there's that little problem of repeated voting which I don't think is a big deal really. Like you say only when it's really close, though it is strange when some games finish with 4 votes more than another. Maybe some don't vote in all games, which is ok. I do though. :)

Perfect Heaven Space is ok. Nice piano. I'm not so keen on the end of TBWNN though. Out In Space, Under The Moonlight, New Amsterdam, Perfect Heaven Space should be b-sides. But I LOVE TBWNN's first 8 songs plus the 6 b sides. :)

Yeah it's the worst Travis album-ending, I agree on that!
I still think Perfect Heaven Space, Out In Space and perhaps Sailing Away are okey songs by themselves though, maybe they deserve to stay? Well there's probably better B-sides, so it doesn't really matter in the long run :P

The discussion is the best thing about these little contests, glad that you don't mind me joining ;)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 7:34 PM Quote
Well, to me Perfect Heaven Space is a b-side, because it's not on my copy of The Boy. But I think it's a beautiful song! I really like the piano.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 7:36 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Well, to me Perfect Heaven Space is a b-side, because it's not on my copy of The Boy. But I think it's a beautiful song! I really like the piano.

I didn't like it at first, but the lyrics really got me..

To think of all the time I've wasted, not looking at you

Only Fran could do that!

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (RESULTS AND TABLES UP)
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 8:13 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Typing to Reach You wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
deebee wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
(Remember to vote for the winner)

Good point. I think a couple of people are confused because Get Up has been receiving some votes in previous rounds. :P ;)

hahahaha

Just so you know Ben, it wasn't me - I voted for Under the Moonlight. BUT, Get up got a vote from someone, mmmmmmmm n'est ce pas Alex?

lol I haven't voted in this round yet. Might do it this evening. :) I would guess Under The Moonlight will win but with Get Up's recent troubles, I imagine some are feeling sorry for it. :P

Get Up is miles better than Under The Moonlight, end of. :P

Under The Moonlight. Another song that, although miles better than Get Up quite obviously, isn't that great. But... oh... wait... it's beating Get Up. :P

No no you have it the wrong way around - Get Up isn't by any means amongst Travis' best songs, but Under The Moonlight is just dire. Apart from KT's backing vocals. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 1:21 AM Quote
No, i have it the right way round. :) Under The Moonlight is actually tuneful. ;)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 3:11 AM Quote
What's the difference between cheat and sh*t?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 10:25 AM Quote
If you haven't voted yet, DO IT! ;)

About 1,5 hours left of this round =)

Pages Previous 1...10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:50 AM